Dr. Hayden Boyce MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Grand Rapids, MI

November 7th, 2016
Dr Boyce is very professional, with a good bedside manner. He was very informative and spent a lot of time with me. I would highly recommend him!

September 29th, 2016
Very excellent Doctor.
He took the time to help me understand my medical problem. He's so very nice. I've only seen him once but now my symptoms have worsened and I've lost a lot of weight so I think I'm ready to discuss the options available to me.

January 11th, 2016
Dr boyce is a great dr he put in my nerostimulater and when I was having trouble with the after surgery side effects he very easy to get a hold of and he even called me back later in the evening after hours and throw the weekend just to make sure that i was getting better

August 18th, 2015
Very rude and I won't go back

December 17th, 2014
Dr. Hayden Boyce Grand Rapids Michgian
This surgeon is outstanding in his field!

November 12th, 2013
Worse now than prior to surgery
Dr. Boyce is very personable and I was had confidence in his ability to eliminate my back pain. After trying therapy, drugs, and accupunture, Dr. Boyce performed a fusion on my back with hardware. I became infected and was septic. My husband repeatedly contacted Dr. Boyce who thought the issue was low pain tolerance. He steadily increased and changed my pain meds. At my two week checkup, I was yellow, fever, low blood pressure. Again he told my husband I had a low pain tolerance and sent me home with an appointment scheduled a month later. My husband took me to the ER the next day, near death. I was taken care of wonderfully in the hospital with three hip surgeries to drain the infection. I now have neuropathy in both legs and feet from the back surgery itself. I have neuropathy (nerve damage) in my left arm, apparently from the IV during the surgery. I have chronic hip pain and pain in my back, a different pain but pain nonetheless, and am unable to walk, sit, stand for more than about 15 minutes at a time without changing positions. I held a job for the past 17 years that I have now lost due to missing so much time. I am unable to work due to this condition. Dr. Boyce released me as he feels the back surgery itself was a success with no regard to the issues the surgery caused.He had no idea or the sense to send me elsewhere when I was septic. Had it not been for my husband not believing everything was ok I would have died. Dr. Boyce has ruined my life. I have now been questioned by two different doctors as to why I would have surgery when the MRI's appear to not show that a surgery would be warranted. Well, I am not a doctor and just wanted out of pain. He assured me although not 100% he was confidant this would help me. I am in more pain now,

April 26th, 2013
warning
dr. boyce performed a routine back procedure on my brother and left him paralyzed. he was able to walk and function as a human being before the operation and after the good doc put his hands on him he left him paralyzed from the waste down....now my brother has been bed ridden and is now possibly addicted to pain medicine because of boyces' "mistake".

August 16th, 2010
Finally a Doctor who took the time to care!
My family was amazed by the excellent service we received by Dr. Boyce and his entire staff. From the polite scheduler, to the pleasant check in experience, to the thorough explanation of what the problem and solution was by Dr. Boyce, to the thoughtful Physician's Assistant who made us feel at ease while Dr. Boyce was reviewing the MRI. Everyone involved in our visit today, was superior. After my 75 year old Mom was mistreated by another surgeon, at a different affiliation, a friend recommended that we get a second opinion at PNNI. I am so thankful for that recommendation. I would highly recommend this Doctor. He was very knowledgeable, patient with our questions, and TOOK THE TIME that we needed to understand the issue at hand. EXCELLENT!