Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Haysam Akkad
Dr. Haysam Akkad, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Omaha, NE, with another office in Shenandoah, IA. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Interventional Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease and Critical Care Medicine. Dr. Akkad is affiliated with CHI Health Nebraska Heart, CHI Health Midlands and CHI Health Creighton University Medical Center - Bergan Mercy. Dr. Akkad has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Haysam Akkad has the following 5 specialties
- Interventional Cardiology
An interventional cardiologist has the same training as a cardiologist and they're well-versed in all types of heart disease and how to diagnose heart problems. The difference is that interventional cardiologists have additional expertise and...
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad...
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness...
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs,...
Dr. Haysam Akkad is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Omaha, NE.
Dr. Joseph Verdirame
Hematology and Oncology, Internal Medicine, Hematology
Omaha, NE 0 mi41
Dr. Samer Renno
Hematology and Oncology, Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, Hematology
Omaha, NE 0 mi20
Dr. Barry Munyon
Omaha, NE 0 mi39