Psychiatrists

4833 S Sheridan Rd
Ste 408
Tulsa, OK 74145
918-224-6066
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

|  Avoid  |  show details
Aug 10th, 2014

This man should not be a doctor. Like one I the other reviewers said all he wants to do is prescribe pills. He doesn't want to listen to his patients problems. He is rude and unprofessional.

|  very pleased  |  show details
Oct 8th, 2013

I would have to say that he is a very, kind man, and instead of talking the whole time, he opens his ears to what you have to say and how you are feeling. After many months, and many doctors...I have found one that actually listens and doesn't treat me as though I'm crazy for the way I feel. I have never been more pleased. Thank you for your services and thank you for not sweeping me under the rug as most do with their patients.

|  Terrible Excuse for a Doctor  |  show details
May 5th, 2013

This guy should be investigated by the DEA because he is nothing but a glorified drug dealer. I went to him twice and hope to never see him again. On the first visit he made it very clear that he is not there to talk but to write prescriptions which is probably a good thing for him because when he did talk he did nothing but say very negative things that made me feel 10x worse when I left then when I came in. He prescribed xanax and an anti-depressant which I took for the first month. When I came back I told him that I didn't like the way the xanax made me feel and I was only taking it at night to help me sleep but he still proceeded to try to up my dosage. I refused to up my dosage and ended up not even getting the prescriptions filled and never saw this guy again. It is my belief that this guy makes his living off getting people hooked on xanax and other things so that they will keep coming back. I later found out that some people that I know go to him for just that purpose. if you are looking for help then stay away from Sokkar, if you are looking for a drug dealer then by all means, he is your guy.

|  avoid at all costs  |  show details
Jul 3rd, 2011

My overall visit with Dr. Hazem was riddled with disrespect. He struck many negative chords with me in little ways, such as not shaking my hand upon beginning the visitation, nor after, as well as denying my sister, who has signed legal documents allowing her to participate in my treatment plans, entry into the session. He began by telling me he would refuse to treat me if at some point in the future I failed a drug test for marijuana, which I agreed with whole-heartedly considering self-medication is not a healthy lifestyle. He tried prescribing me Xanax and Valium as an alternative to the marijuana, professing that he'd rather I be addicted to those substances than to marijuana. In the last 30 minutes of our two hour session he allowed me to go get my sister, and in that short amount of time she was easily able to gauge the same lack of proper bedside manner and respect that I'd suffered through over the previous hour and a half. For example, he was taking record of medications I was presently on, and during a 5 minute silence while he typed, my sister asked me if the Pristiq made me feel sick to my stomach as it had done her friend. Though this information would've been helpful to the progress of the session, Dr. Hazem held up his palm to her and told her "I can't have you doing that." Admittedly, lack of bedside manner has no bearing on a doctor's ability in his field. It continued to worsen, though, as he began to write the prescriptions. My sister and I voiced concern over the fact that he was prescribing me Klonopins, and my job requires me to drive from 8 am to 4 pm. His reply was simply, "I'm not concerned". Immediately after he persisted asking us if we had any questions (though they seemed futile given his previous response). My sister again voiced her concerned about the addictive qualities of the Klonopins, to which he replied "I'd rather she be drive on Klonopins than on marijuana" (which, by the way, I am not guilty of, nor was the question asked during any point of the session). I'm not disagreeing with his stance on marijuana by any means, I just felt that his reciprocation of the conversation was like talking to a brick-wall. He told me he wanted to see me in 4 weeks, handed his receptionist an appointment card with that information. I waited until he had re-entered his office before informing the receptionist that I did not desire to make another appointment with Dr. Hazem, because he was disrespectful. I thanked her for her time and left. Two days later, I received by mail a letter from Dr. Hazem's establishment that he was terminating me was a patient. I can only assume he was displeased with what his receptionist had to relate to him at the end of his day, and cannot imagine why he found it necessary to make it a point to refuse to see me when I had already "dumped" him.