Dr. Hazem Sokkar Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Hazem Sokkar?

Adult ADHD

Adult ADHD

Have you seen Dr. Hazem Sokkar?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 6th, 2017

Dr. Sokkar is the most thorough doctor I've ever seen. He takes the time to do a full history & physical and asks questions about family, employment, lifestyle, education and other areas of your life in order to get a holistic understanding of your individual medical needs. I can only imagine the problematic patients he's treated after reading some of these comments. I personally respect his professionalism. He can come off as somewhat "matter of fact," but warms up to you the better he feels he knows you. Just like patients need to feel they can trust their doctor, doctors also have to determine the trustworthiness of their patients, and the more honest you are the better your treatment plan and care will be. I have no complaints. He is a wonderful doctor and I'm grateful to have found such a competent psychiatrist.

March 3rd, 2017

DR SOKKAR

no complaints here! he listens when I have problems! hes got my depression under control and I'm feeling better! and he even gave me tips on how to cook thanksgiving dinner! and the lady at the front desk is very sweet and I always tell her I love her handwriting!!

January 22nd, 2016

Could be better or worse

Never got the impression that he was a pill pusher. His office is a little messy and he seems to get very irritated if you miss or cancel an appointment without enough notice. I recently got a bill in the mail for $7.00 even though my appointment is less than two weeks away. As far as personality, I've been to one other psychiatrist and this one is much more personable and seems like he cares more. He will try to work with you as far as finding the right medication and dosage, but I haven't seen him try to prescribe anything that wasn't necessary or needed, unlike other doctors.

December 16th, 2015

Great

I think the negative reviews here are sort of funny when it's a psych's job to help a patient figure out what is wrong and try and fix that with treatment, usually a drug. I went to see the dr. And had the same stand-of fish feeling the first time or 2, but after we got to know each other I realized he does care very much. He listens and in my case removed me from medication I didn't like. I can't imagine him making someone up the dose for something that they don't see helping them. He always asks how my relationships are with my family and how the drug affects me and that situation as well s work etc. I think any psych will have people lying to them for pills but I don't feel he is this way at all.

December 1st, 2015

don't just go by the other the other people because they are all completely wrong I listen to what was on here and didn't want to go see him but then I did and it was great

Everybody on the internet says how he just wants to hand out pills I've been bipolar PTSD I'm on disability for depression I've tried to commit suicide 4 times he did not and I mean he did not just try to hand out pills he changed everything every single pill that I was on and now I'm back to the way that I used to be before the bipolar just kind of kicked in. I applaud him for what he knows and what he does

November 27th, 2015

Good man, Good DR

I expected to see some negative reviews for Dr Sokkar..since he treats CRAZY people (and people like myself, that just need a bit of help), but the level of manic whiny-ness on this review board is insane(Did ya see what I did there? LoL!!)

November 20th, 2015

Saved my life !

June 5th, 2015

Needs his license ripped away

This man is a straight up fake. He diagnosed me with ADHA Bipolar and Anxiety all correct. But once he put me on medication he did not monitor me as he should have when I went into a Mania Manic episode I tried to contact him for 2 weeks and never got a call back the receptionist wouldn't let me speak with him he does not do same day appointments for emergencies. he was very aware of my medical history and how I've had episodes before. He has no backup plan when medication drive you crazy or does not work. He will only see you when your next appointment is that's it. I ended up in the hospital before I got to bad once I got out I still couldn't get him to help me my appt was 5 days away but I needed help right then. I went to the office and he flipped out on me instead of helping me like I needed. He stated he had other patients who is paying him to be seeing and I was not currently paying him to be seeing you right then and there although I needed help and I would have paid him for appointment right then and there. I understand other patients needing to be seen but seeing how this was an emergency he should of found a way to see me. He abandoned me in a time of extreme need. I will be contacting someone to see what can be done to get his license revoked or something because had this bed my first episode I probably would have attempted suicide like I attempted the first time I ever had one and didn't know what was going on. Also I hadn't slept in 4days. Just an absolutely horrible doctor.

May 21st, 2015

Wrong Diagnosis and treatment

Dr. Sokkar misdiagnosed our daughter's bipolar condition and failed to prescribe bipolar therapy. After her last appointment, she was taken two hours later to the Emergency room, and at 6:00 the next day was transported by police to a specialty psychiatric clinic 200 miles away. She complained of psychotic illusions, vision impairment, heart problems, and other medical and mental disorders. She had earlier been dismissed from her nursing employment due to psychotic illusions. The specialty staff properly diagnosed her bipolar disorder and she is improving after changing her medication and therapy.

March 23rd, 2015

Good

Dr. Sokkar can come off as stand off ish, but he is easy to get along with once you open up. However, the other staff there are very rude. The worst part of going there is having to deal with the lady at the front desk.

August 10th, 2014

Avoid

This man should not be a doctor. Like one I the other reviewers said all he wants to do is prescribe pills. He doesn't want to listen to his patients problems. He is rude and unprofessional.

October 8th, 2013

very pleased

I would have to say that he is a very, kind man, and instead of talking the whole time, he opens his ears to what you have to say and how you are feeling. After many months, and many doctors...I have found one that actually listens and doesn't treat me as though I'm crazy for the way I feel. I have never been more pleased. Thank you for your services and thank you for not sweeping me under the rug as most do with their patients.