Psychiatrist

Could be better or worse show details Could be better or worse
by Christopher F on Jan 21st, 2016

Never got the impression that he was a pill pusher. His office is a little messy and he seems to get very irritated if you miss or cancel an appointment without enough notice. I recently got a bill in the mail for $7.00 even though my appointment is less than two weeks away. As far as personality, I've been to one other psychiatrist and this one is much more personable and seems like he cares more. He will try to work with you as far as finding the right medication and dosage, but I haven't seen him try to prescribe anything that wasn't necessary or needed, unlike other doctors.

Great show details Great
by Jay F. on Dec 16th, 2015

I think the negative reviews here are sort of funny when it's a psych's job to help a patient figure out what is wrong and try and fix that with treatment, usually a drug. I went to see the dr. And had the same stand-of fish feeling the first time or 2, but after we got to know each other I realized he does care very much. He listens and in my case removed me from medication I didn't like. I can't imagine him making someone up the dose for something that they don't see helping them. He always asks how my relationships are with my family and how the drug affects me and that situation as well s work etc. I think any psych will have people lying to them for pills but I don't feel he is this way at all.

don't just go by the other the other people because they are all completely wrong I listen to what was on here and didn't want to go see him but then I did and it was great show details don't just go by the other the other people because they are all completely wrong I listen to what was on here and didn't want to go see him but then I did and it was great
Nov 30th, 2015

Everybody on the internet says how he just wants to hand out pills I've been bipolar PTSD I'm on disability for depression I've tried to commit suicide 4 times he did not and I mean he did not just try to hand out pills he changed everything every single pill that I was on and now I'm back to the way that I used to be before the bipolar just kind of kicked in. I applaud him for what he knows and what he does

Good man, Good DR show details Good man, Good DR
Nov 26th, 2015

I expected to see some negative reviews for Dr Sokkar..since he treats CRAZY people (and people like myself, that just need a bit of help), but the level of manic whiny-ness on this review board is insane(Did ya see what I did there? LoL!!)

by Leah Sandmeyer on Nov 20th, 2015

Saved my life !

Needs his license ripped away show details Needs his license ripped away
by BB on Jun 5th, 2015

This man is a straight up fake. He diagnosed me with ADHA Bipolar and Anxiety all correct. But once he put me on medication he did not monitor me as he should have when I went into a Mania Manic episode I tried to contact him for 2 weeks and never got a call back the receptionist wouldn't let me speak with him he does not do same day appointments for emergencies. he was very aware of my medical history and how I've had episodes before. He has no backup plan when medication drive you crazy or does not work. He will only see you when your next appointment is that's it. I ended up in the hospital before I got to bad once I got out I still couldn't get him to help me my appt was 5 days away but I needed help right then. I went to the office and he flipped out on me instead of helping me like I needed. He stated he had other patients who is paying him to be seeing and I was not currently paying him to be seeing you right then and there although I needed help and I would have paid him for appointment right then and there. I understand other patients needing to be seen but seeing how this was an emergency he should of found a way to see me. He abandoned me in a time of extreme need. I will be contacting someone to see what can be done to get his license revoked or something because had this bed my first episode I probably would have attempted suicide like I attempted the first time I ever had one and didn't know what was going on. Also I hadn't slept in 4days. Just an absolutely horrible doctor.

Wrong Diagnosis and treatment show details Wrong Diagnosis and treatment
by RWG on May 21st, 2015

Dr. Sokkar misdiagnosed our daughter's bipolar condition and failed to prescribe bipolar therapy. After her last appointment, she was taken two hours later to the Emergency room, and at 6:00 the next day was transported by police to a specialty psychiatric clinic 200 miles away. She complained of psychotic illusions, vision impairment, heart problems, and other medical and mental disorders. She had earlier been dismissed from her nursing employment due to psychotic illusions. The specialty staff properly diagnosed her bipolar disorder and she is improving after changing her medication and therapy.

Good show details Good
by Ryan on Mar 22nd, 2015

Dr. Sokkar can come off as stand off ish, but he is easy to get along with once you open up. However, the other staff there are very rude. The worst part of going there is having to deal with the lady at the front desk.

Avoid show details Avoid
Aug 10th, 2014

This man should not be a doctor. Like one I the other reviewers said all he wants to do is prescribe pills. He doesn't want to listen to his patients problems. He is rude and unprofessional.

very pleased show details very pleased
Oct 8th, 2013

I would have to say that he is a very, kind man, and instead of talking the whole time, he opens his ears to what you have to say and how you are feeling. After many months, and many doctors...I have found one that actually listens and doesn't treat me as though I'm crazy for the way I feel. I have never been more pleased. Thank you for your services and thank you for not sweeping me under the rug as most do with their patients.

avoid at all costs show details avoid at all costs
Jul 3rd, 2011

My overall visit with Dr. Hazem was riddled with disrespect. He struck many negative chords with me in little ways, such as not shaking my hand upon beginning the visitation, nor after, as well as denying my sister, who has signed legal documents allowing her to participate in my treatment plans, entry into the session. He began by telling me he would refuse to treat me if at some point in the future I failed a drug test for marijuana, which I agreed with whole-heartedly considering self-medication is not a healthy lifestyle. He tried prescribing me Xanax and Valium as an alternative to the marijuana, professing that he'd rather I be addicted to those substances than to marijuana. In the last 30 minutes of our two hour session he allowed me to go get my sister, and in that short amount of time she was easily able to gauge the same lack of proper bedside manner and respect that I'd suffered through over the previous hour and a half. For example, he was taking record of medications I was presently on, and during a 5 minute silence while he typed, my sister asked me if the Pristiq made me feel sick to my stomach as it had done her friend. Though this information would've been helpful to the progress of the session, Dr. Hazem held up his palm to her and told her "I can't have you doing that." Admittedly, lack of bedside manner has no bearing on a doctor's ability in his field. It continued to worsen, though, as he began to write the prescriptions. My sister and I voiced concern over the fact that he was prescribing me Klonopins, and my job requires me to drive from 8 am to 4 pm. His reply was simply, "I'm not concerned". Immediately after he persisted asking us if we had any questions (though they seemed futile given his previous response). My sister again voiced her concerned about the addictive qualities of the Klonopins, to which he replied "I'd rather she be drive on Klonopins than on marijuana" (which, by the way, I am not guilty of, nor was the question asked during any point of the session). I'm not disagreeing with his stance on marijuana by any means, I just felt that his reciprocation of the conversation was like talking to a brick-wall. He told me he wanted to see me in 4 weeks, handed his receptionist an appointment card with that information. I waited until he had re-entered his office before informing the receptionist that I did not desire to make another appointment with Dr. Hazem, because he was disrespectful. I thanked her for her time and left. Two days later, I received by mail a letter from Dr. Hazem's establishment that he was terminating me was a patient. I can only assume he was displeased with what his receptionist had to relate to him at the end of his day, and cannot imagine why he found it necessary to make it a point to refuse to see me when I had already "dumped" him.