Dr. Hazim Safi MD Patient Reviews

• Vascular Surgery Houston, TX

• Good
  • Bad

February 5th, 2016
Best Surgeon in the world!
Dr. Hazim Safi saved my father's life!

August 14th, 2013
MY MANY YEARS OF LIFE
In 1992 I was sent from a military hospital with a request that Dr Safi replace my aortic valve which he completed in a few hours along wth agraft to repair a double anyurisn of the asscending aorita 81 units of blood were used because of scars from previous heart surgery . My experience with him when I woke up was being chewed out as I needed a shave. 9 days after the surgery I returned home , 2 weeks later I went back to work 4hrs a day, 7 days later I went back full time. 22years later I am still around because of DR SAFI and his staff THANK YOU DR SAFI and your staff

November 13th, 2012
Not our regular Doctor
We met Dr. Safi when a family member had an Aortic Aneurysm and was rushed to Hermann Memorial Medical Center. He performed emergency surgery. His bedside manner was wonderful when he came to speak to the family when the surgery was complete. I fully believe Dr. Safi saved his life.

November 23rd, 2011
A gifted surgeon with a fantastic team
My surgery was difficult and I experienced just about every possible complication. I made 5 return trips to the operating room after the initial procedure because of complications. My stay in hospital was almost 8 weeks. I slept through most of it but it was long and difficult for my family. Dr. Safi and his team were extraordinary. The level of care could not have been better. Dr. Safi made himself available to my family as often as my family needed. To this day they speak about him in ways usually reserved for saints. Today, two years later, I am almost as good as new and I owe a great debt to Dr. Safi and the great team he works with.

July 2nd, 2011
The best~he saved my life, thank you Dr. Safi!

May 23rd, 2011
Saved my life
I had a disected arorta in 2005 and D safi was my surgeon. It has been 6 years and I am doing great. Hes a life saver.

October 7th, 2009
Saved my husbands life-without a doubt
My 35 year old husband was flown in to Memorial Hermann Hospital (med center). Assigned Dr Safi, he assembled a team within 12 hours as this was to be a VERY difficult surgery, ascending and descending aortic aneurysm repair. Without knowing as much as what an aneurysm was he was swift, honest, extremely direct, and I was totally confused :). He explained, as well as having his associates explain, the need to make it through the night to have a full team assembled and ready to go early in the morning. He repaired the ascending, gave him a mechanical aortic valve, and put us on the long hard road to recovery. It wasn't easy, always confusing but I never felt alone. Being 34 myself and having two very young children its easy to get lost in the emotion, circumstance and jargon for that matter. To this day I can still call his wonderful assistant who is a nurse practioner, who never hesitates to help and (surgery was 3 years ago) even when we have "hiccups" along the way. He saved my husband and he saved our family and we will always be eternally grateful for his wisdom and knowledge. As a side note, once surgery was complete we didn't see him but once or twice but it was always a partner and never anyone less at cared for us always. We never felt we were left unattended or with unanswered quesions. He operates nearly 7 days a week but his staff is the absolute best, you won't find staff more attentive.

June 15th, 2009