Dr. Hazmer Cassim, DO
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Dr. Cassim - the best  |  show details
by Stephanie Austin on Oct 25th, 2014

This doctor is the best - he instills confidence, listens, explains, then does a perfect job. I had a very painful back/hip/leg - Dr. Cassim diagnosed the location, then fixed it. He realistically explained what I could expect as outcome.

|  show details
by Frank Jasko on Oct 10th, 2014

Dr. Cassim is technically proficient but lacks time for patient intake and followup care. He did not see my 4 MRI's when I first met with him and he did not address issues concerning my total lack of improvement after the first injection cycle, intradermal. He is impossible to contact in a reasonably timely manner. One has to speak with various intermediaries and even then he seems not to be aware of any detail.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by June and Sherwin Studner on Sep 19th, 2014

His kindness and brilliance.

|  Neurostimulator Implant  |  show details
by Dr. Bob Krasny on Aug 19th, 2014

Dr. Cassim was always approachable and instilled confidence. He showed concern and caring.

|  Highly Recommended  |  show details
by William Anderson on Aug 18th, 2014

My experience with Dr Cassim was exceptional. Low back pain is no more. I routinely recommend him to anyone in need of treatment for pain.

|  highly recommended!!  |  show details
by Caroline S. on Aug 18th, 2014

Excellent treatment with Dr. Cassim. He was the only doctor actually took more than 30 minutes to talk about my past health issues, medications etc. He took great amount of time diagnosing my pain. I had epidural injections and thanks to Dr. Cassim now im pain free. Highly recommended to anyone who wants to be pain free. thank you Dr.Cassim!!

|  Thankful  |  show details
by John Pilot on Jul 3rd, 2014

I am thankful to have met Dr Cassim. My back pain is finally under control. Thank you for helping me when many others have failed.!

|  Best Experience of my life  |  show details
by Ken W on Jun 12th, 2014

I wish all my Doctors had the same bed size manner as this medical professional. He is prompt, listens well to your needs, and explains in detail what is wrong and how to fix it. I would highly recommend this Doctor and have to a few of my friends. This was far the best experience I have had and have total faith and confidence in his medical abilities.

|  spinal stenosis  |  show details
by Charlene Aron on Jun 7th, 2014

Dr. Cassim is a pain management specialist. He quickly and accurately diagnosed the origin of my shoulder and arm pain. His communication skills are excellent!! He not only answers all my questions in a manner I understand, he also helps me think of questions. He and his staff are kind, efficient and reassuring.

|  Compassionate Healing Respecting One's Dignity  |  show details
by Mark Purnell on Apr 21st, 2014

When I came to Dr. Cassim, I was already numb of spirit and hope. I had been through two surgeries, one to repair my spine and the other to remove a kidney. In less then six months I had to face both a broken back and cancer. The only constant I had within myself during those times was pain. It shadowed me, enveloped me, and filtered me from receiving the love of family, friends and caregivers. In other words I had become a living tomb that only held a silent cry for help. Our first visit was consoling because he allowed me to speak about the pain not just in terms of where it hurt but how it hurt, and effect it was having my spirit. He held what I said with respect in reverence. We tried first other methods such as medications to remove the grip of pain. Sadly while they are effective methods, which we both thought would work, we both agreed to have the implant to my spine that would release the medication directly. At the trial, and at the actually surgery, Dr. Cassim continued to extend himself beyond my expectations. He not only came to check on me medically, but when needing to move my worn body from table to chair and back, he was right there. He by his actions, showed he is a very good leader. He was one with his surgical team. He was right there doing the lifting, and supporting them as well as me. Especially in that time prior to the surgery. When I awoke from the surgery, I was moved from my table to my chair to go home. He was right there with the team. As busy as they were with others, He and his team made sure to be there for me. Not just to check my vitals, but to let me know I wasn't alone. How did the surgery turn out? Well I woke up in my own bed at six am the next morning. I noticed something. I was aware of the surroundings, of the presence of my Partner. Things in the past I knew were their but pain forbad me to care about. It was then I knew I was going to be alright, when I could allow myself to care about others around me. Dr. Cassim was extremely professional, honest with me, and allowed me to have my Dignity especially when I was a crumpled bundle of agony prior to the surgery. I respect him not only for his professionalism but as human being. He is compassionate. He is busy, yes, with great responsibility. However he is that way because he sees his work as a vocation. He has answered the calling to be a guide to healing, and he just that. Words are not enough to define good work he has done.

|  Great Doc  |  show details
by Suzanne L on Apr 10th, 2014

Dr. Cassim is caring and truly interested in finding out just what's wrong. You never feel rushed. Really recommend as a compassionate care giver.

|  Pain free  |  show details
by Patricia on Apr 4th, 2014

Excellent treatment with Dr Cassim. I had epidural injections and now I am pain free! Dr Cassim is compassionate, thoughtful and has a great bedside manner. I had been to 2 other pain clinics but never got the help I needed. thank you Dr Cassim !

|  No pain  |  show details
by Jose L on Jan 21st, 2014

Dr Cassim made me feel at ease. He spoke to me and explained my condition. He recommended medication, therapy and injections. I was hesitant at first, but today- happy that I listened to him. Due to the many issues in my back - the first few injections were not as successful- but Dr Cassim never gave up on me. The last injection worked! My pain in now completely gone. I could not play golf for 8 months - now I play 4 days a week and have no pain. I recommend Dr Cassim and his staff to everyone! They are wonderful. He is a very talented man who has given me my life back- Thanks

|  Truly Compassionate  |  show details
by Susan T. on Jan 13th, 2014

I have been in chronic pain for most of my 65 years and have been to many doctors. I have never met a doctor like Dr. Cassim. If your pain is not outwardly apparent, many doctors seem not to really listen. This is not the case with Dr. Cassim. Not only am I a patient, but I have accompanied several friends on their appointments. He treats each of us with a wonderful bedside manner and great compassion, in addition to very helpful medical solutions. Anyone who has experienced chronic pain knows this combination is important, but very seldom encountered.

|  Patient  |  show details
by J. Kranker on Dec 28th, 2013

Without a doubt, Dr. Cassim is the "Best! No hesitation in recommending Dr. Cassim to anyone.

|  Medtronic's Pump for Pain  |  show details
by JoanneBartee on Dec 11th, 2013

I recently had the Medtronic Pump implant for the pain I have from Stage 4 Breast Cancer with bone metastasis and am extremely pleased with the results. Since November of 2012 I had been on ever-increasing amounts and strengths of oral medication and patches. The side-effects were becoming more and more disabling without any real improvement in the level of pain I had daily. This was when my oncologist sent me to Dr. Cassim and I am so appreciative that he did. Dr. Cassim's treatment and recommendation to try the pump has removed the hopeless feeling and most of the pain I lived with daily. I have had no complications since it was implanted on October 3, 2013 and the pain reduction has been dramatic. I could not be happier with the results Dr. Cassim has achieved and would recommend this same treatment to anyone suffering with daily pain. The only down side has been because I am very small so the pump is visible, but covered by most clothing. If you are larger than a woman's size 3/5 Petite this shouldn't effect you at all. The disappearance of the mental confusion, memory loss, increasing breakthrough pain, and constipation more than makes up for this mainly cosmetic concern. Don't let fear of the implanting procedure stop you from at least trying this wonderful technology. Any discomfort from that is gone in a day or two, but the benefits continue each and every day. Thank you so much Dr. Cassim!

|  I am pain free!  |  show details
Dec 3rd, 2013

Dr Cassim is excellent. He teated my back pain with medication and injections. The final step of treatment was a radio frequency injection where he burnt pain nerves in my back. I am pain free. I highly recommend him to anyone - he is one of a kind!

|  Mr.  |  show details
by Sidney Dunofsky on Sep 3rd, 2013

Great Treatment, Back problems cured. Doctor wonderful and caring. I feel 100% safe with Dr. Cassim.

|  Dr. Cassim helped to dramatically reduce my neck pain.  |  show details
by P Gannaway on Aug 8th, 2013

I have the utmost confidence in Dr. Cassim. He listened and explained the causes and treatment in a way that I could understand. He and his staff were efficient in scheduling getting things done. I have gone from constant neck pain, sometimes up to a pain level 8 or 9, to little to no pain. He has also helped me understand how to manage and prevent returning pain.

|  Excellent  |  show details
by Maxine on Aug 2nd, 2013

I have been going to doctors for years to treat my back pain. Dr Cassim was the first doctor to make me understand what was really wrong with my back and causing pain. He is excellent. My options were explained to me and treatment plan was outlined. The office nurses were also very friendly and helpful. I have always been terrified of injections in my back. But Dr Cassim explains exactly what he is doing during the injection, this made me very comfortable and I am now doing great. Thanks for all the help. I highly recommend Dr Cassim and his entire team. They are wonderful.

|  Excellent care  |  show details
by Jay on May 3rd, 2013

Dr Cassim is excellent at what he does. He has a great bedside manner that is calming, understanding and intelligent. I had a very positive experience with this doctor and would recommend him highly. The office staff is friendly. They did a great job calling in my medication and setting up therapy after my fist visit. Part of my treatment included injections in my low back. Today I am doing much better. My back pain is gone and I can get back to golf!

|  Unsatified  |  show details
Mar 17th, 2013

Dr. Cassim is a really nice man, the only thing is if you have a Chemical Dependency issue he won't do anything for you. I need surgery on my L4, L5, and SI, and because I will need pain meds he does not want to preform the procedure. So I need to go somewhere else.

|  Stimulation system  |  show details
Dec 4th, 2012

I had leg pain that never got better. Dr Cassimworked with me, helped me get active and put a spinal cord stimulation system in my back. I feel like the old me- before my life was taken by pain!

|  Great Experience  |  show details
Nov 24th, 2012

Dr Cassim is truly an exceptional doctor and has a wonderful bedside manner. I have a better life with no pain because of him. THANK YOU!

|  show details
Oct 30th, 2012

Dr Cassim was was great! He treated everyone with respect and had a great sense of humor. Dr. Cassim has an incredible bedside manner and really listens to his patients as well. He is extremely talented and knowledgeable in what he does.

|  Amazing Dr.!  |  show details
Oct 30th, 2012

Dr. Cassim is by far the best Dr. I have seen. He is very caring and takes the time to listen. He has helped me so much with my neck pain!

|  Mom's pain  |  show details
Oct 6th, 2011

Dr. Cassim has been the only Dr. who suggested the pain was from the hip, not only from the back. Since back injections done by another MD had not been helpful, Dr. Cassim took the time to reevaluate the situation and then took the time to do an injection in the hip. He was right, and the pain has been much relieved. He was exceptionally kind and communicative.

|  Great job  |  show details
Sep 18th, 2011

amazing experience

|  Miraculos Pain Relief  |  show details
Jun 27th, 2011

I am 100% pain free and my wife and children are happy that I am a different person. I had debilitating back and neck pain after a car accident 14 years ago. I went to so many pain management and rehab doctors and underwent all possible tests, scans and procedures with no relief. Dr Cassim cured me and I am 100% pain free for over 6 monnths, not taking any medication, not even a Tylenol. Some of his procedures are expensive but fully worth it compared to all the money I have spent so far and the suffering I has gone through. I wish I had known him long ago. I recommended this doctor to some of my friends. They are also very happy and thankful to me. I highly recommend Dr Cassim to any one who is suffering from chronic pain or Migrain.

|  Highly recommend!  |  show details
Feb 24th, 2011

Dr. Cassim has been very helpful and extremely generous with his time in diagnosing and follow thru in managing my lower back pain. All of the staff at the Midway-St. Paul pain clinic have been very kind and always cheerful.