2.5

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
Feb 17th, 2015

Lousy service, very poor standards for a "Baylor" facility

by Wendy l on Feb 14th, 2015

Was 3 minutes late for an appointment and the rude staff told me I had to reschedule! Traffic is horrible around McKinney and I drove like a maniac. I didn't think 3 minutes was unreasonable but I made another appointment for a week later. No matter that I had to take off work again. Confronted Dr Bass about her late policy and she stated she was a stickler about her schedule. I decided then I wouldn't be back. Prior to this incident she had several problems in getting my existing medicines filled properly.

On professional doctor doesn't care about you show details On professional doctor doesn't care about you
Feb 6th, 2015

Unprofessional, does not listen to your concerns, felt like I was second class citizen who the doctor did not care about my health and will be but only a paycheck. Has too many clients not enough time to see patients. You might be able to get an appointment if you're lucky in the next two weeks even when condition is severe. Will not communicate with patients after the appointment to explain and help understand or respond to questions.

Unprofessional Brat show details Unprofessional Brat
Jan 6th, 2015

Dr. Bass waited until my appt time to come out & tell me that she would not see me because I had been "booted" as a client 8 years prior for missing 3 appointments in 2 years. Then she further let me know that I had been "booted" from the whole practice. When I got an appointment with another doctor in a different city, he came to tell me that Dr. Bass had me "booted" from the ENTIRE network!!! I am a diabetic that she denied medical services to because she was still angry that I missed a few appts 8 YEARS AGO!!! How unprofessional & absolutely ridiculous of her!

Finding new family dr show details Finding new family dr
by Stacey on Sep 22nd, 2014

The staff is a bit short and I cringe every time I need to make an appointment. This is especially true for making appointments for sick kiddos. For the most part, I joined this dr for the appointment hours, but I do not think we have been able to get unscheduled appointment ever - we always go to urgent care or the minute clinic. For routine checkups everything is fine, but if there is an issue, be expected to be referred out. My husband threw hurt is back and we were referred to a specialist (like usual for anything), but he was in a lot of pain and was advised did not want to write a prescription due to paperwork (??!!?). This wasn't the only time, this happens for anything beyond regular checkup. All in all, my husband is fed up and no longer will go back to them. We're shopping for new dr.

Apr 24th, 2014

Heather told me one thing we needed to do on a follow up visit scheduled for 2-3 weeks out, then changed the appt., referred me to a specialist and would not even return calls when asked for an explanation as to the reason for the different approach.

Very dissatisfied show details Very dissatisfied
by Tiffany A. on May 2nd, 2013

We are new to the area and I made an apt for my teenage daughter to do a well check with Dr Bass. Earliest apt I could get for her was over a month away. Supposedly because she needed to fast for her well check and no am apts were avail for a month! (New Dr I am taking her to says at 15 yrs old she does not need to fast for well check). So day of apt I pull up directions on line and it takes me to her old office. By the time we find the new office we are 10mins late for the apt. We are immediately told very rudely we have to reschedule. After explaining the situation receptionist said she would check with Dr Bass. Came out two minutes later still saying we had to reschedule. My daughter was missing school for this apt and no one was even in the waiting room waiting to be seen! We did not reschedule our appointment and have found a new doctor. I would NOT recommend this doctor! Staff was rude when making apt and in the office.

Not interested in me show details Not interested in me
Sep 19th, 2012

At first I thought that Dr. Bass would be a good doctor but as time went by I began to realize that all she wanted to do was refer me to specialist. She would not even treat a simple rash. She said you need to see a dermatologist, I don't think she ever touched me. She never called me back and the staff made appointment that they didn't even put in the computer so when I got there I didn'thave an appointment. I was real disapointed with her. Am looking for a new PCP.

Dr. OK- Office staff very unprofessional show details Dr. OK- Office staff very unprofessional
Oct 12th, 2011

Needed to get a Yellow Fever Vaccine. Called ahead of time, specifically told the appointment staff what I needed, and asked if the vaccine was in stock-was told yes I could get one, and rather rudely was told that "of course they were in stock-that's what we do here". Went for appt. found Dr. Bass is not qualified to 'counsel" for YF so had to make a second appt with the other Dr in her practice. Showed up for that appt ( paid second co-pay) and they were out of the vaccine! Had to make a 3rd & 4th appt to actually get my vaccine ( they were out when I called ahead on the day I had my 3rd appt scheduled). So, billed for 3 co-pays and one vaccine. Again, office staff had no clue and the large woman at the front desk-really rather rude.

Dec 13th, 2010

DR BASS AND HER STAFF WERE VERY KIND. WHEN I CALL THE OFFICE THEY CALL ME BACK VERY QUICKLY.

Does not care about our health and well-being! show details Does not care about our health and well-being!
Jun 17th, 2010

Before I had my baby whom is 7 1/2 months I weighed 127 lbs. I left the hospital weighing 137 lbs. Since this time (almost 8 mos.) I have gained up to my current weight of 156 lbs. I have been eating low fat, low sugar and exercising a few days a well. I was not sure why I was not losing weight, just gaining doing these things so I went to see her. She did regular labs and said my thyroid is "normal" even though she did not test my T3 and T4 which needs to be done to make a true diagnosis off lab results. I have all the symptoms of it and asked if I could get a diet pills then. She said she is against them and will never give them to any patient and to find a doctor who will. This was after two visits about the same things 1 month apart. She was very hostile in her tone and made me feel like dog poopie. I have also had to see her MA to get Hep B shots for a school program I am taking. I told her nurse I will need a tither done on the past vaccines I have had in my life to show that I am immune to them. The MA said you should know where you went and got them and not need this done. I said I lived in a children's home and do not. She then said in order to "tell" the doctor which tither vaccines I need proof of I will need to make a dr appt to tell Dr. Bass which ones I need. I said I have to pay a $15 co pay just to make a meeting to tell her which ones I need instead of calling to tell them which I need. She said yes. I asked do I have a co-pay for these Hep B visits, which I need three of. She said no, insurance companies cover them at a 100% and do not require a co-pay. To my surprise I got a bill for two Hep B shots done on different days of $15 each. I will not be going back to this office as I feel they only want money from insurance even when they know when they see you, they are not going to prescribe you anything for the same thing you were there for previously. I do not trust them with my health. It is all about how many patients the can get and for how much they can make.

Do not trust with your health and well-being! show details Do not trust with your health and well-being!
by Anonymous on Jun 17th, 2010 on doctorsdig.com