Dr. Heather Brooks MD Patient Reviews

• Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Pittsburgh, PA

2.9

January 25th, 2016
My experience with Dr. Brooks was awful, to say the least. As previous reviewers have said, she has a bad attitude and is extremely dismissive. She also lacked professionalism as she kept yawning and coughing during my appointment. My questions seemed to annoy her (she rolled her eyes more than once) and her response were one worded. The overall appointment was a waste of my time, and I did not feel comfortable with her treating my conditions. My first appointment with her was also my last appointment.

March 26th, 2014
Dr. Brooks is efficient and keeps me well informed at all times. Ahe sends personal emails to let me know my test results and her input on other aspects of my care. She is understanding of my many chronic diseases and makes sure she gives the besr treatment possible. And her nurse Cheryl is wonderful!

March 20th, 2014
HONEST DOCTOR
I am a new patient of hers & she is very honest & helpful. the more honest you are with her the more she can help.

February 11th, 2014
Frustrating experience
I went to Dr. Brooks just once. I came prepared with my medical history and current symptoms written down. She told me that was not normal and started to question me about anxiety and depression, which I don't have. I agree that her bedside manner is lacking, at best.

April 15th, 2013
Thyroid Cancer Expert
I have been a patient of Dr. Brooks for three years and she has been fantastic. I had thuroid cancer and she has managed it perfectly and with a no nonsense attitude that i appreciate. She has emailed me on weekends with additional info about my condition and has also called me several times after hours. I am cancer free for 3 years now and I credit Dr. Brooks for the very close monitoring of my disease. Great doc!

July 31st, 2012
Dismissive - Bad Attitude
As other patients have experienced, Dr. Brooks has a terrible attitude. She is dismissive and does not treat you as a partner in your own care. I was not confident in her ability to manage my thyroid treatment.

August 10th, 2011
Poor attitude, doesn't listen to the patient needs. Has the God complex.

June 1st, 2011
She seems to know what she's doing but she does not come off as a very warm person. Maybe she was just having a bad day when she saw me. We're all entitled to have a bad day but the visit gave me a bad vibe.