Dr. Heather Forrester MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Saint Paul, MN

3.4

September 13th, 2016
Dr. Forester takes as much time as needed with each appointment. She doesn't hurry through an appointment even if she is running behind.

August 15th, 2012
Poor, poor, poor
Bedside manner is horrible. Ego and superior attitude is ridiculously through the roof. She believes she is more knowledgably and up on things than the Mayo Clinic. She abuses her title as a physician for power tripping. She is dishonest, she will lie for purposes of making an argument or example to show that you are wrong and she it right. She thinks she should take priority over every aspect of her patients lives, including your children, family, livelihood, and even disability. The wait time is disrespectful and unacceptable. The health partners staff have tried everything to prompt her to be on time and to keep a schedule, including placing small clocks outside the exam rooms, but nothing worked, she continues to make her patients wait an unreasonable amount of time. I waited two hours to even be brought into the exam room on my first appointment with her (appointment time 10am). Then the second appointment I had with her, when the wait time was over two hours I went to the desk and asked how much longer it was going to be, they said about another hour. Wow. So I asked to reschedule the appointment and they said thats understandable, and when I asked to have her first appointment in the day they said, thats what everybody says. The rating system should not have the staff included in the doctor's rating.

August 31st, 2011
Serious Misdiagnosis
Had gallbladder disease and she misdiagnosed as depression. After seeing her almost a year with no resolution for pain and feeling ill, I had emergency surgery a couple days before christmas. I had been in her office the week before and she insisted on giving me antidepressants because I teared up over the lack of resolution to my pain, and she kept saying she was worried about me with the holidays coming up. I had no history of depression. I threw them out without opening them, because the same night I was in the emergency room. The doctor who operated said I had the worse gallbladder he'd ever seen. He was very old and retired that year, so I'm sure he'd seen a lot. She also battered me on and on about my "drinking" - I'm practically a teetotaler, I'llhave a glass of wine at Christmas or Thanksgiving if offered, and she wanted to know how many drinks I had in a week,and in a month. I said I so rarely drink, I don't know how to answer that. She wrote in my records that I refused to answer how much I drank. I did tell her that I had a couple margaritas while on vacation, which is more than I usually have, she wrote that I had "been drinking more than ever." She made me sound like a raging alcoholic, and I still get questionned by other doctors who see my chart, so she's flagged something in my records. I found out that some of the same tests that diagnose gallbladder disease, like liver enzymes, can be elevated if one is an alcoholic. Guess she missed the boat on this one, and now I am having serious problems with my liver because my gallbladder was bad for so long, my bile duct is scarred from stones, and the back up of bile has damaged my liver.