Dr. Heather Haukness Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Heather Haukness?

1 Rating with 1 Comment

December 17th, 2014

Have recommended her to family and friends

My kids are 5 and 7 and have been seeing Dr. Haukness at Pedios since they were born. She is an outstanding physician and it is an excellent practice: The morning call in hours are a great opportunity to ask the nagging questions that most parents have but don't merit an after hours page or in person visit. There is never a time when I have needed a same day appointment for one of my children and not been able to get one. Both of my kids have had unexpected health "hiccups" that Dr. Haukness has promptly diagnosed herself (for example, tumor of the skull, enlarged adenoids causing recurrent sinus infections, broken ankle) and then been able to refer us to excellent specialists at Lurie Children's for the appropriate surgeries/treatment. Most importantly, I have appreciated Dr. Haukness's smiling nature, upbeat attitude, clear explanations, and non-alarmist style. Every time she has told us that waiting it out is the right answer, she has been right on. Every time she has told us that we need to do more (i.e. get a scan, see the surgeon), she has been right on, even when that was not what we wanted to hear at the time. I have also seen each of the other physicians in the group at least once over the course our years at Pedios and have been happy with their care. She also runs on time which is a great plus.

Childhood Asthma