Dr. Heather Holmstrom MD, MBBS Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Ann Arbor, MI

• Good
  • Bad

March 5th, 2016
I have a very difficult time getting an appointment at this clinic. I either need to have a same day appointment, or wait for months. Schedulers will not let you speak with a nurse. No follow up at all from this office. Several times I've left mesages with questions for the nurse or Dr. Holmstrom, and received no call back. For a while, they had men with computers in the exam rooms as "scribes". Not fun when you want to discuss personal issues with your doctor.

December 11th, 2015
Best Doctor I've Ever Had!
Our family has been going to Dr. Holmsrom for several years now and she is a fantastic doctor. She talks to you like a concerned friend, really listening to your concerns, and then explains her thoughts very clearly, treating her patients as an equal in a way that is understandable but not dumbed down. She never asks dismissive about your concerns but if she doesn't think it is something to worry about she explains why in a way that allays your fears. She takes her time and never seems rushed to move onto the next patient. I have recommenced her to several friends who started taking their families to her and also love her. She is getting harder to get an appointment with due to her popularity though.

December 27th, 2011
Horrible
Dr Holmstrom refused to prescribe antibiotics to treat my now 2-month old sinus infection. Without knowing my health history, which includes that antiobiotics have cured my sinus infections once or more per year for the last 15 years, she refused. She suggested I use nasal irrigation - which I have - and flonase - which I have. I informed her I had also tried sudafed, contac, and others, each with side effects and reasons that I was resorting to the tried and true this time. I explained what the appointment and prescription were going to cost me as I've just gotten the worst insurance ever, and how I put them off because I had no insurance earlier. She listened but refused to write the antibiotic prescription. She had her reasons - I live with kids, community issues with resistance, etc - but I disagreed. I left a Dr's appointment in the middle of it for the first time in my life. I have a Master's degree myself - I'm no fool. Give me the medicine that has always worked for me!

July 26th, 2017