inactive

Heather L Mittiga MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

September 8th, 2015
Dr. Mittiga spent extra time with us when our daughter was very sick. She went the extra mile to make sure she made a full recovery. She is very caring and professional.

February 25th, 2015
Springdale-Mason Pediatrics (Does NOT pertain to Dr.Mittiga individually)
I have been to Springdale-Mason's location in Mason, OH on several occasions and have been incredibly disappointed. Quite frankly, each visit grew increasingly worse. I have a five year old daughter who often suffers from asthmatic symptoms during the winter and my husband and I took her to Springdale-Mason for a persistent cough, fever, and wheezing. My husband and I come from families of professionals and we strive to ensure our child receives quality care and treatment from individuals. Unfortunately, these characteristics were entirely absent from Springdale-Mason and we are left both disheartened and angry. Upon our initial visit for the aforementioned symptoms, were given appointments with Dr.Kellogg and Dr.Jost. Initially, both doctors were pleasant but the visits dramatically changed once my concerns were dismissed. Feeling quite nervous about her asthma and given her medical history of pneumonia, we were hoping our anxieties would ease. To our dismay, we were left feeling more defeated and frustrated than ever. Our three visits, which took place over the course of about six-weeks, primarily consisted of checking vitals and quickly listening to my daughter's breathing. We were often rushed through our time with the doctors and the doctors failed to ask questions regarding previous medical history. I mentioned the amount of discomfort my daughter experiences prior to falling asleep and my remarks were ignored. Additionally, I inquired about the use of OTC medicines, and received a brash and rather sarcastic remark on their inefficacy. The doctor also knew we had been there previously but refused to acknowledge the inherent severity of the situation. Although we are not physicians, my husband and I are quite knowledgeable about our daughter, and we certainly do not appreciate feeling as though our voices and concerns are not being heard. Finally, after continued disappointment coupled with the realization we would not improve our daughter's health while remaining at the practice, we took her to the Urgent Care facility in Mason. This facility is affiliated with Children's Hospital and I immediately knew things would get better. The moment the attending physician laid eyes upon my daughter, he knew she was unwell. He immediately took ordered an x-ray of her lungs, which showed signs of pneumonia. It took ONE physician less than 10 minutes to listen to my husband and I, as well as take into account previous history to determine more should be done. I will NEVER take my daughter to Springdale-Mason again and I one day hope circumstances there will improve. My husband and I certainly had high expectations and it is safe to say this practice fell quite short.