Dr. Heather Sholtis DO Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Du Bois, PA

September 22nd, 2016
Saved our failed attempt at a home birth
I'm not going to lie here; Dr. Sholtis performed some kind of miracle for my family. She was a blessing, straight from god. My wife had a horrible first pregnancy - with a different provider of course - which left her emotionally scarred. She proceeded to move forward with a home birth midwife that abruptly terminated our service at 20 weeks citing sudden concerns about the baby's size. We were left adrift. My wife was absolutely panicked. This was a catastrophe of total and complete collapse of our plans. We now had to go to a dreaded 'hospital'. So I looked and after about two weeks ended up finding Dr Sholtis. We tried several places as well, but all offered the standard machine-factory setting of modern birthing. Dr. Sholtis not only endured my wife's scathing vitriol for the first visit but then was patient, kind, tremendously knowledgeable, hard working, enthusiastic... I mean I really cannot even tell you how much she worked around us. And believe me, we are the epitome of 'difficult patients'. She gave us EVERY chance to have the baby naturally. I mean that. But in the end, labor didn't progress and we moved forward with a c-section. She went well above and beyond because of our reluctance for a c-section. Let me just touch on that as well. The c-section experience, as a husband and father, was night and day. I mean I cannot get over how incredibly GOOD Dr. Sholtis and staff were. A phenomenal birth experience. Their 'gentle c-section' was a 2000% increase over our first's c-section. This woman is something else and deserves all the praise I can provide. Thanks to her and her staff for giving us the best experience possible with what almost seemed like a total disaster.

June 9th, 2009
Dr. Sholtis was very thorough and took all the time I needed to explain my condition and the test she would be using to aid in diagnosing its cause. She told me what she would be doing before she did it, and she warned me if something might hurt. She & her staff were considerate and caring and anticipated my needs. She is worth the 50-mile drive from our house to her office!!!