Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
601 Ewing St
Ste B19
Princeton, NJ 08540
609-924-2230
Locations and availability (1)

May 8th, 2014

Tried to make an appointment for my elderly mother who has seen Dr. VanRaalte a few years ago. A very rude and abrupt staff member answered the phone. I was told that my mother would have to be treated as a new patient since it was 4 years since her last visit. She told me I should take her back to the gynecologist and not make this appt. In between our conversation, she put me on hold a few times. Then she said the next available appt. was in July!!! At this I said thank you and hung up. So much for professionalism and courtesy. I wouldn't recommend this practice to anyone!!!

Apr 20th, 2014

Dr Vanraalte was very easy to talk to and very good at describing what she would be doing-each step of the way. I had my surgery not too long ago and still have follow-ups- the only issue is as a new patient you have to wait quite some time to get an appointment-her staff is great. office is nice and just very happy with Dr VanRaalte. she is very knowledgeable and does not rush to surgery-is very thorough

Oct 28th, 2013

I have gone to several other physicians about my prolapse issues, but didn't feel comfortable to follow-up on treatment until meeting Dr. van Raalte. She explained the surgical options in great detail and helped me choose the best solution for me. Very happy with the results! The whole office was great at helping me through the whole process. Would definately recommend surgery with Dr. van Raalte to others with the same problem!!

|  Wonderful, Professional Experience  |  show details
by Kathleen on Jun 18th, 2013

Dr. Heather is amazing! She was prompt , kind and understanding. After years of urology problems she was able to remedy it in a short procedure and I never had any more problems. Recently I had what was a frightening experience, she called me back immediately even though it was a weekend. I was in her office the following Monday and after a very complete exam I was told I was free of anything serious, my condition was explained to me and I will follow up with her in a month. I cannot speak highly enough of her and her practice.

|  Personable, competent, but didn't solve my problem  |  show details
Mar 20th, 2013

I saw Dr. Van Raalte over a year ago to consult about treating uterine and bladder prolapse. After the exam I waited in her office for almost 20 minutes while she consulted with the drug reps about what they would bring for breakfast the next day (I could hear the conversation). This was somewhat annoying. Most importantly, the only treatment she could offer for the prolapse was a hysterectomy, which is fairly common. Luckily, I found a different doctor who repairs prolapse without removing the uterus. Hopefully more patients will learn that repair is an option for otherwise healthy patients, and they will be spared the avoidable complications of hysterectomy.

by OH on Mar 11th, 2013

I just called to schedule an appointment for another opinion. I had surgery with a different doctor and still having complications. They transferred the call to the nurse, Allison to ask me questions and she went above and beyond to help me and get me an appointment. It's amazing that I haven't even seen this doctor yet and she went out of her way to answer all my questions. I have seen over 4 doctors since surgery for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th opinions and NOT one of them took their time to listen to me. I'm so looking forward to meetng Dr Heather Van Raalte!

|  Highly satisfied and more dignified!  |  show details
Mar 4th, 2013

I had a bladder lift in 2009 and it has changed my life to the better, my bladder was actually about to fall out! I'm 71 years of age and higly recommend this surgery.

|  A WONDEFUL WONDERFUL DOCTOR  |  show details
Apr 7th, 2012

After seeing 10 male urologist who were at best professional and at worst uncaring I finally fell into this practice. The staff is incredibly kind, and understanding. Alison her nurse is one of the NICEST people and remembers all the little things about you--which makes you feel like a HUMAN being treated as oppose to some sort of "thing" they are treating. Dr. Van Raalte is not afraid of connecting with her patients and makes you feel SO comfortable talking about the MOST awkward things. She thinks outside of the box and is not satisfied until you feel 100% better and have ALL of your quality of life back. Overall, a caring, competent staff. If you are ready to give up and just "suffer" through then COME SEE THEM!

Jan 8th, 2010

It was my first visit. Dr. vanRaalte's specialty is in urogynecology/female pelvic medicine. Everything about the visit was wonderful. All testing and examinations were done with thorough explanations and preserving my dignity. She offered several treatment options and answered my many questions on each one. I highly recommend Dr. vanRaalte!!