Dr. Hector Lopez DO Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine El Paso, TX

September 26th, 2016
INTEREST IN MONEY NOT THE PATIENT
I went to dr. Lopez for 10 years, before I found another doctor. His business really went down hill after he change the name northeast clinic to another name. Prescription refills required a doctor visit. There is a eye service there, bone density testing all sort of extras for more money. I change my mind about going there, when I made an appointment, and the girl totally ignored me, and called the people that came in after me to see the doctor instead of me. Anyway my appointment was at 9:00 a.m, and I went home at noon, and this visit was dued to a prescription refill that I ran out of 6 days prior an anti depression medication, I had bad side effects because of being without the drug for 6 days. I found a better doctor. I recommend not to go there at Dr. Lopez.

April 22nd, 2016
Self
He REALLY SUCKS ! He Told My grandfather, " go home its gas", next morning he had open heart surgery. Strike 1. He told my 9 yr. Old daughter she had mono, took her else where and he was wrong. Strike 2! I went in for migraines, he told me I had insephalitis or west Nile virus, I left and went staight to emergency. I tested negative. Strike 3. Don't go!! And the girls are zombies, you say good morning and the just look at you. And recently I took a friend they did tests on him, have they called him about his results? NOPE!! Person could be dead for all they know. Even after arjgwal Punjabi took over, STILL SUCKS........ .

October 3rd, 2014
DONT GO THERE!!! Read this first.
Worst doctor and facility i have ever seen in my life. I arrived at Dr. Hector Lopez Family practice at 8:00am. This facility does not accept appointments so when I arrived there were only three people ahead of me. Being that it's first-come, first-serve, I expected to be seen after the third person. This was not the case. The staff preceded to call patients 1-3 in order then called patient 5. I asked the staff why my number was skipped (cause were just numbers to them anyways), and they told me that the other person was there before me. I was number 4 she was number 5 so how could she have came before me??? Then they called number 6 and 7 before me again and had their vitals taken and saw the doctor, but when I was finally was called and my vitals were taken and I was asked to go back into the waiting room till I saw the doctor 1hr later. I don't want to say the staff was prejudice against my race, but I cannot fathom any other reason for purposely skipping the number of a person of a different race from everybody else. When I got into the room the doctor took less than 5min with my issue and prescribed me medication to take 5 times a day and he didn't even take the time to explain to me what there were and why I should take them. Now I don’t take any medication on a regular basis so not only did I feel mistreated but taken advantage of. Once my 5 min were up the last thing they ask me to do it to bring the green slip that had the prescription on to the front desk where they have a pharmacy. When I asked the woman what the medication was for, she didn’t even know and proceed to ask me for $153. I just could not believe this, my insurance pays for all of my expenses so why the heck would I have to pay for this out of pocket?? That is because they have there own pharmacy and they don’t give out slips for Walgreen's or Wall-mart where you can get you medication under your insurance. This place is so unqualified, disrespectful and dirty. I wish I could give it -10 stars. To my ending of this horrible experience please do yourself a favor and find yourself and a doctor not a scam artist and if you ever have watch the show Drugs Inc, this defiantly reminds me of the episode called Pill nation.

February 17th, 2012
Dr Lopez is a wonderfull person as well as a good Doctor. His east side office staff is the best, i have been to both and the eastside staff is like 100% friendlier. Doctor Lopez and his staff give you breaks on your co-payments and follow up visit costs. Sometimes if he has samples of your medication, he will give you without hesitation. I will keep going to him as long as i can.

December 4th, 2010
Dr. Lopez is a physician that provides excellent direct patient care, soft spoken but confident communication, & follow up care with his patients. If he isn't certain what course of direction for care is needed, he doesn't hesitate to refer a patient to a specialist. Highly recommended.

December 1st, 2010
Community Medical
Dr. Lopez is a great doctor really listening to patients. I had a concern and had been to four specialist it took one trip to his office and he resolved my problem :)