Dr. Hector Rodriguez-Luna MD Patient Reviews

December 14th, 2016
Dr. Rodriguez is a very caring, thorough and concerned physician. He takes his time to explain things in great detail and never appears to be rushed. I also feel like he is very knowledgeable and skilled in gastroenterology.

November 11th, 2016
Dr. Rodriguez is a wonderful doctor. Very caring, takes the time to talk with you, but his office staff is the WORST I have ever had to deal with. To say that they are rude and inconsiderate is being polite. Still have yet to get a follow-up appointment after multiple procedures. Been trying to find out what's wrong for almost a year.

July 26th, 2016
The best dr ever.

September 28th, 2015
Can't even get an appointment
I Have called 4-5 times now trying to get into to see Dr. Rodriguez. 1st call- they said to get your records from the previous Dr.- I did that. 2nd call- I left a message- No call back- 3rd call- I left a message- No Call back-4th call- I was put on hold and then transferred MULTIPLE times- 5th call- I waited and waited- I give up-Good luck trying to get JUST AN APPOINTMENT.

June 4th, 2015
Great doctor, terrible wait times
Dr. Rodriguez-Luna is great, but I think these days it is difficult to be a doctor, you have a large amount of patients, you want to give them all equal attention but are being pulled in a bunch of different directions. The wait time to see him was nearly two hours and the staff was alright but very aloof. However, I was really pleased that he asked me about ALL the symptoms I was having, was not dismissive of any of them (even though I wrote down that I have an anxiety disorder - which many doctors have then been even more dismissive of my symptoms due to assuming my symptoms are probably nothing adn that I'm likely a hypochondriac). I was also pleased he didn't try to diagnose or even suggest that my weird stomach issues were simply IBS, or try to immediately throw any procedures on me. He respected my desire to not do any procedures or drugs unless absolutely necessary. It can be really difficult to find a doctor that still has an open mind and is respectful of things like this. For that reason I'll be staying with him because I think he's awesome, but I really wish the staff or scheduling would get it together.

March 4th, 2014
What a GREAT doctor!
Dr. Rodriguez-Luna is such a wonderful doctor! He was so caring and patient with my mom. He had wonderful bedside manner and you could see that he REALLY cared! I would recommend him to anyone!

September 3rd, 2013
Like talking with a Puerto Rican Dr. Welby
Nicest guy, takes his time during the office visit, genuinely concerned. Comfortable and well-run surgical center. Good competent staff.

July 3rd, 2012
Great doctor
Dr Rodriguez is very professional and really does take the time to listen to patient's concern.

February 22nd, 2012
Exceptional doctor
He is very knowledgable but above all, D. Rodriguez-Luna has the best bedside manners that I have ever encountered in my life.

October 13th, 2011
Fastastic Care
Went to see Dr. HR for chronic diarrhea after seen another gastroenterologists for almost 1 year. he is a pleasant and smart individual. He was very diligent, caring and compasionate. He performed an extensive work up with a final diagnosis of Crohn's disease. I am currently under therapy with good response. I have had resolution of abdominal pain and diarrhea. I can enjoy life again. I am extremely happy with his care and promptness. I read all the reports below and felt compelled to write my experience with Dr. HR which goes along with most of everybody except an anxious patient who called 2 days after the tests for results. I think that is a little unreasonable as it normally takes few days or even a week to get final results. I was glad to see that this patient still rated him high as he deserves for his communication, enthusiams and attention as well as manners. As far as the office, the staff is very attentive and caring. Kudos!!

July 7th, 2011
great bedside manner, but doesn't call with lab results
Dr. Rodruigez was so nice as I was a complete nervous wreck. He calmed me and answered all of my questions. However, he did do a lab for the illness that I suspect I have, but no one has called me for the results! I have called for the results three times as of today to the medical assistant, but she wasn't in. This is so frustrating when I have had this condition for years and am anticipating the results. I seen him about two months ago and you'd think they could call within this time frame! I had to tell them that I'd find a different Dr if the medical assistant can't call me with my results and then I will explain to the Dr why I'm going elsewhere. I have a colonoscopy scheduled with him in two weeks and hopefully it goes as smooth as my appointment with him. He was so nice and seems very knowledgeable. It's just his medical staff that I'm having the problem with....

July 5th, 2011
Best GI
nicest dr i have ever met