Internists, Pediatrician

24 Madison Avenue Ext
Ste 1
Albany, NY 12203
(518) 452-5447
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. DrScore.
 |  Dr. Hedy Migden and her staff  |  show details
Aug 23rd, 2013

Dr Migden is the most understanding , warm, and compassionate doctor I have ever seen. She is accurate in her diagnosis and does not hesitate to recommend a specialist when she deems it necessary. Her office staff, however is quite the opposite. They say they fax in prescriptions when they don't. They say they've contacted specialists which Dr Migden recommended when they haven't. They seem to have a great deal of difficulty in drawing blood. When I go to a lab, there is no problem. I wish Dr Migden could clean out her current staff and employ people who are knowledgeable, competent and willing to be as help as she is.

|  Professional and caring  |  show details
Mar 21st, 2013

Heddy is a wonderful doctor. I have never felt more comfortable or felt like I was in better hands. The difference is the time she takes. She actually cares and showes concern for my well being.

|  SUPER PERSON & DOCTOR  |  show details
Sep 7th, 2012

My husband and I and our children have been patients for over 20 years and will be for many more. Dr. Migden and her staff are the BEST!

|  show details
May 1st, 2012

Dr Migden is a fantastic doctor, She takes her time with you and answers any questions you have. Dr Migden also takes the time to get to know you on your first visit. I am pleased with her as my pcp and will suggest her to all my friends and family .

|  Great family practice  |  show details
Feb 27th, 2012

My children have been going to Dr. Migden and Dan for many years and we love them. They take everything into account - family situations, mental health and of course physical health. They have been with us through some trying times and have always provided us with good solid care, never condescending or judgmental. The office staff is not always warm and fuzzy, shall we say, but they get the job done, which is good enough for me. Overall, I highly recommend this practice, especially if you are looking for a family health care provider.

|  show details
Nov 9th, 2011

I am looking for a doctor accepting new patients for my boyfriend, and called Altamont Internal Medicine today. There was an appointment available for Dr. Mead, but the receptionist who took my call was extremely rude. There were several instances when she acted in this manner. For example, when I said, when is your earliest availability, she said with distinct disdain, "I'm CHECKING that RIGHT now." When I asked how to spell the Dr.'s name, she spelled out the name with an attitude that implied I was stupid for even asking. When I thanked her for her help at the end of the call, she said nothing more than "Mm-hm," and hung up the phone with the hardest click I've ever heard. Despite the convenient location and good reviews, this woman's attitude deterred me from making an appointment with Altamont Internal Medicine, and the exchange upset me enough to cause me to write this review (I don't typically publish online reviews - this is my first).I don't want to deal with this attitude each time we visited the doctor's, so I called another doctor's office. The receptionist at this other place was kind and helpful, and I made an appointment there.Going to the doctor's office usually involves unpleasant medical related issues, and why go to a place where a person who is suppose to be welcoming is instead extremely rude and acts like she hates her job? I'm sure the doctors and the rest of the staff are great, but because of my interaction with this certain receptionist, I will not be bringing my business to this office.I hope this review will help the receptionist with whom I spoke at Altamont Internal Medicine be a little nicer and more patient.

|  Not the Doctor`s Fault  |  show details
by SSquare at Citysearch on Nov 9th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I am looking for a doctor accepting new patients for my boyfriend, and called Altamont Internal Medicine today. There was an appointment available for Dr. Mead, but the receptionist who took my call was extremely rude. There were several instances when she acted in this manner. For example, when I said, when is your earliest availability, she said with distinct disdain, \"I`m CHECKING that RIGHT now.\" When I asked how to spell the Dr.`s name, she spelled out the name with an attitude that implied I was stupid for even asking. When I thanked her for her help at the end of the call, she said nothing more than \"Mm-hm,\" and hung up the phone with the hardest click I`ve ever heard. Despite the convenient location and good reviews, this woman`s attitude deterred me from making an appointment with Altamont Internal Medicine, and the exchange upset me enough to cause me to write this review I don`t typically publish online reviews - this is my first. I don`t want to deal with this attitude each time we visited the doctor`s, so I called another doctor`s office. The receptionist at this other place was kind and helpful, and I made an appointment there. Going to the doctor`s office usually involves unpleasant medical related issues, and why go to a place where a person who is suppose to welcoming is instead extremely rude and acts like she hates her job I`m sure the doctors and the rest of the staff are great, but because of my interaction with this certain receptionist, I will not be bringing my business to this office.I hope this review will help the receptionist with whom I spoke at Altamont Internal Medicine be a little nicer and more patient.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  atahini  |  show details
Oct 31st, 2011

I really like Dr. Migden and her PA, Dan. They have a family medical practice which is convenient, and they're good with people of all ages, it seems. And thorough. Thorough is good. I'm picky about doctor's. Glad I found this practice for my family.

|  She is the Best!  |  show details
Oct 25th, 2010

I have followed her to every office for the past 17 years. She is so kind and understanding and at the same time very matter of fact. She is well worth the wait... and the wait is only because she takes her time with each patient. The staff is wonderful and caring. Both my daughters have switched to her and love her like I do.

|  BEST DOCTOR EVER  |  show details
by Sylvia M on Aug 21st, 2010

I have followed her office every were. She is wonderful with me and my children and family. She is understanding, kind, caring, and she knows whats she is doing she takes her job seriously. My children love her, she stands up for your child when it comes to schools etc. You name it she's the BEST.

|  I'd flollow this office anywhere!  |  show details
by Faith Whitney on Jul 12th, 2010

It has been my experience that once in a while I will have to wait 20 mins in the waiting room. I would wait 4 hours to be seen by Dr. Migden or Dr. Mead. They have been so in tune with my health and the health of my children for nearly 10 years now. I have followed this practice as they moved three times and I would follow them out of the state if I had to! Incredible people work here and it takes more than a license to be a Dr. It takes an amazing person and both Hedy&Dan are amazing people. I am so greatful to have found them. I almost look forward to a visit to the Dr.! Is that possible??? It is at this office! Thank you to everyone at Internal Medicine and Pediatrics for going above and beyond your call of duty. We appreciate you! --- The Whitney's

|  World Class is Correct!  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Aug 10th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

Dr Migden is low key, concerned and caring. She takes the time to listen to you no matter what else is going on in the practice. Wonderful p...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com