Dr. Hee Lee MD Patient Reviews

3.8

June 10th, 2015
Compassionate doctor!

August 6th, 2014
Dr. Lee is a compassionate, very competent and knowledgeable MD who has great credential to practice and teach medicine at USF.

May 26th, 2012
See Another Doctor!
This doctor assumes that all non-cancer chronic pain is caused by any narcotic/s you might have been taking. He does NOT have an open mind to other causes for diffused chronic pain/Fibromyalgia. He is just stuck on this one idea. I did get off the Lortab. Then he told me that I dont have any physical problems to associate with the pain. He started to get upset with me when I told him that just because something hasnt been detected it doesnt mean something isnt wrongafter all they dont know a whole lot about the about pain itself let alone Fibromyalgia. Then I reminded him of the four herniated discs & stenosis. He insists that there is no pain associated with herniated discs & stenosis. He became angry with me when I didn't want to pursue anymore steroid injections into my herniated discs. Sorry, but been there and done that 4 times which only greatly inflamed my overall pain for 2 weeks. I am not going to repeat a procedure that only caused me greater pain and gave me absolutely no benefit. (For them, it is a big money maker!) I understand other folks may have some relief from such injections but only for a few months or so then you have to inject the discs again. All four docs could not have "done the injection improperly" as he suggested! The he accused me of wanting to get numb. No doc, I would like some help to keep the pain in check so I can go many basis daily activities. (I was on only 3 Lortab a day). OTCs just arent cutting it. As a side note, I have never ever used or even experimented with any illegal drugs--never, yet I am now labeled a drug seeker by both doctors in that office and it is now this false information is in my medical reports which all future doctors will have access to. It is pretty disheartening for a patient when your pain management doc tells you that he is unwilling to help you anymore and he gets up and walks out of the examination room yelling! This doc has NO compassion and has NO understanding for someone in pain. He thinks we all are there to get numb. No doc, I'm there to find a way to manage my pain. I don't even drink! You couldn't have found a patient with more integrity! Of all the docs I have seen since my injury twelve years ago, I've never been treated so badly. My last visit today was way too depressing and humiliating. Find another doctor at another office! I could tell that even the staff in the office didnt agree with the way I was treated. On a few occasions during my treatment, I saw that this doctor failed to properly communicate, provide important information and follow protocol regarding the use of Suboxene. His partner and his nurse had to cover for him. This doctor needs a major humility check, a more open mind and some refresher training on patient caring & compassion!

May 24th, 2012
See Another Doctor!
This doctor is under the assumption that all non-cancer chronic pain is caused by any narcotics you might have been taking. So if you have Fibromyalgia or the like, it is best that you see another doc or else you will be labeled as a drug seeker as I now am. He does NOT have an open mind when it comes to other possible causes for Fibroof course nobody knows the true cause right now. He is just stuck on this one ideanarcotics are causing all, all your pain. He became angry with me when I didn't want to pursue anymore steroid injections into my herniated discs. Sorry, but been there and done that 4 times which only inflamed my overall pain for 2 weeks. I am not going to repeat a procedure that only caused me greater pain and gave me absolutely no benefit. For them, it is a money maker! I understand from other folks that some relief from such injections only lasts for a few months or so then you have to inject the discs again. Sorry but having a 6-7 inch needle jabbed in my disc was quite painful. All four docs could not have "done the injection improperly" as he suggested! If you have chronic non-cancerous pain, please go see someone else at a different office. He also assumes that there is no pain associated with herniated discs & spinal stenosis. For some, maybe but not for everyone. My last visit today was way too depressing and humiliating. Of all the docs I have seen since my injury twelve years ago, I've never been treated so badly. As a side note, I have never ever used or even experimented with any illegal drugs--never, yet I am now labeled a drug seeker by both doctors in that office and it is now in my medical reports which all future doctors will have access to. For many years I was only taking 3-4 tablets of Lortab a day and I even got off them by myself in 3 weeks but that wasn't good enough for them. I was given Suboxene and I am off that in just 3 weeks too by myself. Now, I have no way to manage my pain which has greatly affected my daily basic activities. It is pretty disheartening for a patient when your pain management doc tells you that he is unwilling to help you anymore and he gets up and walks out of the examination room yelling! This doc has NO compassion and has NO understanding for someone in pain. He thinks we all are there to get numb. No doc, I'm there to find a way to manage my pain. I don't even drink! Dumb**s! You couldn't have found a patient with more integrity! Find another doc at another office! I could tell that even the staff in the office didnt agree with the way I was treated. Hang in there...one day at a time.

October 12th, 2011
He's an okay doctor if you have a small short term condition, but I wouldnt recommend him for long term, and ALWAYS get a second opinion, After seeing Dr.Lee I seen another doctor who found a critical problem that Dr.Lee missed on my MRI that could of paralyzed me. As far as manners, He's nice and spends and okay amount of time speaking with you. Just do your research

October 8th, 2010
Intelligent, thoughtful and really care about his patients