Dr. Heidi Freeman MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics San Luis Obispo, CA

3.6

January 7th, 2016
If I could give higher than 5 stars I definitely would. Will be seeing her again!

August 18th, 2014
Bad Experience
Cindy the nurse practitioner is nice but misinformed. I would not trust this office, they are disorganized and do not have the patients best interest at heart. I had a horrible experience, started off by being over billed, catching the error on my own then that took weeks of daily calls to get this corrected. Then they didn't get my paperwork in for both my first and second ultra sound in on time causing mistakes and delays, and costing me $$. I'm 5 months pregnant and have yet to meet my Dr., only the nurse practitioner. I had multiple other issues here and each time I tried getting help, Jody, the office administrator assured me she would correct these mistakes and help me but upon me contacting the outside offices (Public Health, SLO diagnostics, Obstetrics, McKession) all of the offices told me she never contacted them to resolve their mistakes. I was going to continue there but my intuition told me to look into this place so i posted on Face Book asking friends for advise about this office and I got 15 negative POSTS, all telling me to run from that office and fast. One friend said Dr. Freeman cut her artery during a Cesarian and she almost bled to death, another saying she was responsible for 2 miscarriages and two friends (who are nurses in the industry) didn't go into depth but said get away from this office and fast. Avoid this place like the plague

September 20th, 2013
You want good care find someone else
Terrible doctor. She does not listen misdiagnoses and had little to no compassion. It's shameful that a successful/reputable practice would bring on to their practice such a terrible doctor. They should have left her where she was trying to stay afloat in her own practice with patients not liking her there.

June 28th, 2013
lack of care
Let me start off by saying that I am a breast cancer survivor who had a cancer that was hormone fed. That being said, after losing my first pregnancy last year I decided that I needed birth control of some sort at least for awhile. Dr. Freeman tried very hard to argue me into birth control with hormones. Something that potentially could have stimulated new tumor growth, and could very realistically led to cancer and death. She also, after we found that my baby had no heartbeat counseled me to continue to do nothing and that nature would take it's course. After a month of nature not taking it's course I went to the ER severely infected and in a great deal of pain and had to have a d & c. Oh, and her office staff is or at least was completely incapable of making change of five dollars even though when they opened the drawer to put my money in I could see a stack of fives about 2 inches deep.

August 17th, 2012
I waited over 90 minutes both times I visited Dr. Freeman. My chart was lost, but then found after nearly an hour in the waiting room on the 2nd visit. My issue was a sensitive one, and I had explained the full story to two nurses already, but when Dr. Freeman came in she seemed oblivious and acted as if it were a normal check-up asking me to tell her what's been going on. She didn't check the nurses' notes at all, and I was tired of telling my painful story. She didn't hear my entire story, because she was simply going off test results and not considering other factors. The billing is also incorrect, charging for something I did not have done. Cindy and Cathy are great nurses in this office, but unfortunately that's not enough for me to stay with the practice. I was shocked to hear from a local friend that Dr. Freeman is a highly sought after OBGYN after my poor experience with her. I felt I needed to share my story with others. By the way, I'm stilling dealing with insurance issues. Her office has cost me several hours, and continues to do so, as well as what I consider an incorrect diagnosis.

August 25th, 2011
Not sure about continuing as a patient
i was diagnosed with anissue a year abo and now its even worse. Was told to sit it out basically and let natur takes its course and it may disappear. Now its worse and may be even hareder to get rid of with possibly now removing my uterus. I am not to sure if i should play russian roulette with my health. Overall though, very nice doctor, but not to attentive in listening to me. Receptionist never calls me back and left msgs for dr to call me back and twice never received a call back. Was not until my next check i was finally able to bring up my question, and even then did not really get an answer. So i am not so sure if its just time to find another gyn. She is a sweet dr but i need to more out a gyn than just sweet.

May 24th, 2010
I recommend finding someone else
I would not recommend Dr. Freeman. She was my OB two years ago. I had a condition called Placenta Acreta and she did not catch it. She was not on call the day my baby was born so I had to have the baby delivered by her partner at the time Dr. Goodrich. Dr. Goodrich manually removed the placenta after the birth. After I hemmoraghed the nurses thought that I probably still had placenta in me. The next day when I met with Dr. Freeman I told her what the nurses had said and she told me that she was certain that Dr. Goodrich had gotten all of the placenta out. She did not check. She could have done a quick ultrasound to be sure but she did not. The next two weeks at home I had many things happening that caused me great concern. I was having very large clots and my blood pressure (which had been high in pregnancy) did not return to normal. I called her several times but she showed no concern. Finally she suggested that I make an appointment in a couple weeks so she could take a look. That was far too late. Exactly two weeks after the birth of my baby I hemorrhaged at home (scary experience) and had to be rushed to the ER where I needed many blood transfusions. With a quick ultrasound they found I did have placenta still inside. I lost a lot of blood before I was able to get the hysterectomy that saved my life (all done by a different doctor). In my prenatal care Dr. Freeman was very caring and I felt she was very cautious. I trusted her and she let me down. I highly recommend you find a different OB.

January 13th, 2010
Are you talking about the same doctor?
To the person who made the negative comments, I can't believe you're talking about the same doctor! Dr. Freeman is caring and smart and has always taken lots of time with me--she's the best doctor I've ever had! Maybe the reason it takes time to get an appointment is because so many people want to see her.

December 8th, 2009
don't know why it's so hard to get appt.
I spent months waiting for an appointment - even though I'm not a new patient. Dr. Freeman seemed to go through our appt. on auto pilot - there was no personal connection to me and I didn't feel like she took my concerns seriously which was frusterating since it took me so long to get in. Then after getting lab results I was told they were normal. I requested a copy and saw my results were out of range. She made me schedule another appointment to discuss this. Anyways a year went by and I have another similar experience with her - making me have more lab work done when I already had the same labs done with another doctor a month prior. Working with her has just been incredibly difficult and stressful because I don't feel I can trust her. I am currently looking for another OB/GYN... ugh