Family Physicians

2030 Sutter Pl
Ste 2000
Davis, CA 95616
530-750-5800
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Thorough and competent  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2014

She is a good listener and answered all of my questions. I did not feel at all hurried. Have recommended her to others.

|  Will never go back.  |  show details
Mar 1st, 2014

Coldest, rudest doctor I've ever seen. Asked me questions then interrupted before I could answer. She so clearly didn't care at all. I'm not a sensitive person at all, but she was horrifically rude. Will never go back. If she doesn't listen how the heck can she help me?

|  Thoughtful  |  show details
Nov 8th, 2013

Very utilitarian. Bedside manner clinical. Her focus was on getting me out of her office in a prescribed amount of time. Little, if any warmth shown during my visit. She did not seem interested in connecting on human level.

|  Very Considerate and has great assessment skills  |  show details
by Jaymee on Sep 9th, 2013

I am an old RN with MS and I really appreciate MD Heidi Henchell's physical assessment skills. She is one of the few doctors that I have seen while in California, including Neurologists or other specialists for MS that I can trust to chart what they actually do. She is kind and I trust her thorough evaluation after each appointment because she has always treated me very well.

|  show details
by Trish S on Jan 29th, 2013

I find Dr Henchell to be very caring, and thorough. She listens, and follows through with all of my concerns.

|  HORRIBLE!!!  |  show details
Sep 13th, 2012

Went in for a physical and she accused me of being a drug addict! Ordered a bunch of unnecessary tests (including drug tests that all came back NEGATIVE) that I am now having to pay for out of pocket. Her bedside manner is horrible. Her biases from past patients cloud her judgment and hinder her from being able to properly diagnose her patients. AVOID at all costs!!

|  University Professor  |  show details
Jan 9th, 2012

I was VERY impressed. I saw Dr. Henchell when my usual doctor was unavailable. Appointment was at request of my (out of area) oncologist, since I had developed unusual breast pain and had had breast cancer a number of years ago. Dr. Henchell carefully listened, did a few in-office tests, asked numerous questions and narrowed down possibilities. She was logical, thoughtful and insightful as well as kind. She very much inspired confidence. She suggested that the pain was probably neuropathy (nerve related pain), a diagnosis confirmed a week later by ultrasound and my oncologist. I will definitely request to see Dr. Henchell again for myself and my family.

|  Excellent physician!!  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2011

Dr. Henchell is an excellent physician. My visits with her have always been interesting. I learn a lot each time I meet with her. She does not talk down to me and encourages questions and dialog. I have never felt that she is trying to hurry through an appointment. She also is interested in the effects of nutrition on health, which I really appreciate. She has always been correct in her diagnoses. She also has called me at home to follow up on a discussion or to give me the results of additional research she has done. After working with physicians for many years what I find extrodinary is that she is not afraid to say "I don't know, but I will find out"...and she does. After all, physicians can't possibly know everything about all health issues, but they usually won't let you know that! I would recommend her very strongly...and in fact, have done so several times.

|  show details
Apr 29th, 2010

I have been very happy with the care I have received from Dr. Henchell.