Oncology Specialist (cancer), Radiation Oncology, Radiologist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  No Nonsense, Down to Earth  |  show details
by Paula T. on Dec 14th, 2014

Dr. McKellar does not pull any punches :-) Personally, that's how I prefer it. I didn't have to guess about anything. She was informative and caring. She made time to answer every question I wrote down between appts. and made sure I understood that I could call as well. Breast cancer is scary. Dr. McKellar helped keep everything in perspective.

|  show details
Aug 15th, 2012

Dr. McKellar and her staff are some of the most efficient and caring people I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with.

|  Non-Caring attitude  |  show details
Dec 21st, 2011

Our first visit Dr. McKeller had a decent bedside manner but talked more about herself than the patient. My moms radiation has caused severe abdominal pain, so much that my mom said she'd rather have the pain of her ruptured appendix than this pain. She's also has rectal bleeding and numerous SEVERE open, bleeding burns to her private area. When the abdominal pain began to worsen I called to request something stronger for pain and was told she only had a week and a half left of radiation and they wouldn't give her anything else. Several days later I called again and begged so was finally given something. At her last office visit she told Dr. McKeller of her severe pain, open wounds (which no one has ever looked at), GI bleeding and such weakness she only walks from the bed to the couch. She was told by Dr. McKeller, "I TOLD YOU HOW BAD IT WOULD GET AND I GUESS YOU DIDN'T BELIEVE ME. I TOLD YOU THIS WOULD HAPPEN. YOU ONLY HAVE A WEEK LEFT SO GET READY FOR ANOTHER ROUGH WEEK!" No kindness, a cold bedside manner and a non caring attitude. She could have said the same thing in a kind way. It would have been much more reassuring to hear it with a gentle manner.I would NOT recommend her to anyone who is going through this.

|  show details
Nov 28th, 2011

Dr. McKellar took excellent care of me! She was always friendly and upbeat. She is straight forward and honest. When I went in for my appointments, I usually was able to walk in without having to wait. I would definately recommend her.

|  Radiation techs  |  show details
Sep 26th, 2010

I found the radiation techs to be top notch, especially Mike, he's a gem!! Very professional and pleasant, now the lady at the front reception desk could stand a crash course on how to welcome patients and deal with people in a professional manner. She's a bit rough around the edges!!

|  Rotten  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2009

She treated my mom at Standford, and she was in pain the whole time. We never got to see the doctor for long enough. My mom was burned horribly and died a painful death.