Dr. Heidi Prather DO Patient Reviews

no change

November 22nd, 2016
Wonderful physician, easy to talk to, willing to work with me to take care of my back pain, excellent results.

May 4th, 2015
Dr Prather seemed to know what the problem was in my hip when several others could not. Great to have a doctor that can figure out what the problem is and a proceedure for correcting it.

January 23rd, 2015
GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!
This practice is the most unorganized and uncaring group I have ever encountered. I have been a RN for 30 yrs and my daughter is also RN of 10 yrs. She has been in extreme pain for 6 months with diagnosis of pelvic and SI dysfunction. This DO does not adequately treat pain and the office staff is rude. A call from a patient is never returned and they have a medical assistant giving medical advice over the phone. That is a very dangerous practice as this person is not qualified to give any advice.

March 7th, 2014
I just love dr. Prather very caring, compassionate, listens and finds the problem instead of just wanting to write u a script and send u on your way. I had brin surgery 10 yrs ago and it was dr Prather that listened ordered test and sent me to neurologist which dr m. Chicoine did brain surgery then and again I began to talk to dr Prather about symptom she got right on it and I am having brain surgery the second time the 13 th of this month. She gives me trigger point injections to help manage back shoulder and hip pain. I know God has lead me to her and I am so thankful for all her care into life.

June 26th, 2013
Attentive, Professional and Empathetic
I had a lingering shoulder pain that at times was worse and at other times was just an annoyance. When I realized it had gone on long enough (over 6 months) and was impacting my life in many ways I made a doctor's appointment. Dr. Prather didn't question why I waited to get medical treatment, instead focusing on getting it fixed now but without taking dramatic measures. I started with the exercises but my relief was not sustainable. I'm not one for needles but ultimately the cortisone shot is what did the trick. I am thankfully Dr. Prather, Physical therapist Lynette Khoo-Summers, and the staff were able to see me so quickly and were very attentive to finding the right solution for my pain and limited mobility in a timely manner.

June 3rd, 2013
Thankful patient
Dr. Prather has literally saved my life. I am 63-years-old and have been her patient for 9 years +. When I initially started treatment with her, I had excruciating nerve pain because of two previous back surgeries. I was not able to sleep, sit or walk with the pain that I was experiencing. Because of her expertise, I am able to live a pretty normal life. I am disabled (nothing she can do about that), but able to function more efficiently and enjoy life again. I am so thankful for Dr. Prather and her amazing abilities. Also, it does take a long time to see her because her patient load is very time consuming for her; but her staff is wonderful and works to get an appointment for patients, as soon as possible. I have always received a return call when I am "in trouble." Also, Dr. Prather has cancelled travel plans on numerous occasions because she had patients that were in need. I have been one of those patients and feel so blessed. I can't understand the negative comments. Maybe these individuals don't understand the healthcare system of today.

April 6th, 2013
Can't Say Enough Great Things!
I honestly can't say enough about Dr. Prather. She is absolutely phenomenal! I'm a very complex case to say the least and have been shuffled around the WashU Ortho/Neurology/Plastics departments. She is the one gem I've encountered. She works incredibly hard to get to the bottom of the problem. She listens to my concerns/questions and is absolutely willing to go the extra mile. Her nurse Kathy is also great to deal with and very prompt at getting in touch. Cannot recommend enough! (and this is coming from someone generally cynical about docs).

March 5th, 2013
VERY LACKING IN ALL DEPARTMENTS!

December 3rd, 2012
Great Doctor
Dr. Prather is excellent and reviews to the contrary must have come from individuals who cannot get along with people. She tells you what is wrong and fixes it. I had a lot of back pain and was starting to drag my leg. In three visits I am doing okay. I have a bad back that may need surgery some day but she saved me from the knife and I highly recommend her.

October 16th, 2012
Dr. Prather is a wonderful doctor.She is worth waiting for.

February 15th, 2012
I DID NOT FIND THE STAFF TO BE CARING OR PROFESSIONAL AND THE DOCTOR WAS THE SAME. AS IT TURNED OUT I HAD CANCER AND SHE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT. NOT GOOD. I AM STILL ALIVE , NO THANKS TO HER.

September 4th, 2010
Excellent
Dr. Prather is a very smart and caring Doctor.I would highly recommend her especially for complicated problems.The downside is it can take months to get a appointment and everything happens slow.