Dr. Heidi Roth Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Heidi Roth?

Posted on January 20th, 2016

Very thorough. Very knowledgeable.

Posted on January 19th, 2016

Best Neurologist!

Excellent doctor and experience

Posted on August 10th, 2015

Dr. Roth worked me into an already busy schedule late one afternoon due to a referral from another doctor within the UNC system, after an extensive period of sleep disruption that had occurred after the death of my father and mother. The care giving responsibilities I had to manage during their terminal illnesses had me programmed for "high alert" as the "night watchman", and unable to sleep. During this time a number of medical illnesses had emerged which were affecting my physical and emotional well being.. Although sleep deprivation was the reason I sought treatment from Dr. Roth and she immediately developed a patient care plan to address the sleep issue, she left no stone unturned in her assessment of me as a patient. Our first appointment was very extensive and Dr. Roth personally conducted my history and physical. I was impressed and amazed at the amount of time she took to do this, the preciseness of her questions and the accuracy at which she understood my responses. Dr. Roth's bedside manner is both professional and conversational, but also personable, and feels like more of a discussion than a Q &A. When you are interacting with Dr. Roth by phone or in clinic you get the sense that you are her only patient; she is totally focused on you. Dr. Roth was concerned over some of my symptoms that she did not think were necessarily sleep related. She ordered a number of appropriate labs and consequently referred me to additional medical experts in the Kitner Eye Care and ENT clinics. One of the doctors actually commented in his notes for my visit that Dr. Roth had set me up "beautifully" for the referral with him by ordering the necessary diagnostics with results, to allow him to expeditiously address my symptoms. To further meet my patient care needs, Dr. Roth had the UNC radiologist interpret an MRI of the brain that had been performed by a doctor outside of the UNC system for a second opinion. At a time when health care and practitioners are under such public scrutiny I share this review so that those who have had bad experiences with health care providers and been subject to the 3 minute face time with doctors, the shuffling in and out, and unreturned phone calls know that there are compassionate, dedicated doctors out there who go above and beyond for their patients, treating the whole patient, not just one area of concern. My sleep difficulties resolved over time by following the treatment plans from Dr. Roth and moving through the stages of grief I was experiencing which had affected my sleep. In my 59 years, I have never experienced an interaction of this type with a doctor. She even returned my phone call personally today although I have not seen her in a number of years so that I could ask a question about something I had seen in my on line chart. I only take an antihistamine and occasional melatonin now and will always remember my experience with Dr. Roth and am comforted in knowing that she is there for me should I need her.

Posted on August 29th, 2016