Dr. Heidi Shea MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.4

November 4th, 2016
Completely indifferent to my problems. Only cares about what the numbers on the blood tests reveal and does not address patient concerns. Dr. Shea has the worst bedside manner of any doctor I have ever seen. I was checking out and heard/saw her scheduling people mocking the patient on the phone. When you leave the doctor sobbing, it's time to find a new doctor.

September 14th, 2016
Frustrating experience
After waiting months to be seen, and what felt like longer in an exam room, Dr. Shea spent very few hast minutes visiting with me. She was exasperated when I would ask questions. Would not return to her if she were the last endo on earth.

September 14th, 2016
Medicine without humanity is hollow. Dr. Shea is as vacant as they come.
I was so hopeful for answers, and Dr. Shea (after keeping me waiting for over an hour and a half) rushed through my appointment and was irritated with me for not knowing anything about the conditions with which she had barely diagnosed me. I will never go back to her. Ever. I'm amazed there are people who do.

November 27th, 2015
Very cold and uncaring. She is rude and has a cold manner with children. She is almost abusive to my child and absolutely does not care about his well being. I am searching for a new endocrinologist because I just cannot take this doctor anymore.

November 24th, 2015
Horrible customer service
I would NOT recommend this doctor. Follow up is non-existent. They promise follow up phone calls but don't deliver. Lab work goes weeks if not months with no follow up despite numerous calls to try to get results. We've given the benefit of the doubt way too long. This office is NOT reliable.

March 13th, 2015
Make sure you call for your lab reports and find out what is going on. They never report on their own.

March 27th, 2014
Keep looking for your Endocrinologist
Please take the time to heed all of these reviews about Dr. Shea & her office & staff. She was recommended to us by our family Dr whom we absolutely love & trust. I gave her the benefit of the doubt & went in with a positive attitude. We have visited the office 3 times now. We will NEVER BE BACK. They will never treat or touch my child again. She is supposedly a pediatric endo. but I don't see how that could be the case. She is cold & unfriendly, won't take the time with the patients or parents, and nothing is explained to us at all. They seem put out to have to answer any type of questions. You are supposed to see her every other visit, but we only saw her once. So much wasted time. Her office staff is absolutely hateful. They don't offer much of any use other to be annoyed at any type of request. Please do not go here especially if you are looking for a Dr. for your child.

February 21st, 2013
Dr. Shea is nice - when you can actually see her. Her office tends not to follow up very well.

July 12th, 2012
Great, thorough diabetes doctor
Seeing Dr. Shea to manage my diabetes has been a wonderful experience for me. Dr. Shea is thorough in her care. She will stay and answer all of your questions. She fought hard for me to get my CGM covered by insurance. She likes to include the patient in the brainstorming of how to improve glucose levels. She is very smart and has a good bedside manner. She has some very lovely nurses too. Some of the office staff can be a little coarse and it can be difficult to get an appointment sometimes, but I think it's well worth it. P.S. If you see the nurse practitioner, she reviews all of the nurse practitioner notes to make sure nothing is being missed.

February 16th, 2012
I am not sure why there is so many negative comments.
I have been going to Dr. Shea for about 4 years now and I am surprised by the negative comments. I usually go 3-4 times a year for my thyriod. I have never waited more than 15 minutes. Often, I am in and out of that office within a half hour. She has always been friendly with me and my 3 year old daughter who I always bring along. I do think she is a really busy doctor. There has been a couple of times that I had to reschedule and it was a month before she or her PA could me in.

January 3rd, 2012
Not impressed
My son has been seeing an endocrinologist since he was 3 years old (7 years) for growth issues. He started HGH right before his 5th birthday. We had a wonderful endo office where we lived prior. They recommended Dr. Shea when I asked for a recommend when we transferred. We have been going to Dr. Shea for 2 1/2 years now. We go every 3 months for growth checks. We see the PA every other visit. I really don't love this practice, but my son sees a lot of specialists and I hate the work of changing doctors. While she has never been rude, I have never felt any warmth from Dr. Shea toward me nor my son. Her PA is a bit more friendly. Getting information from themr is next to impossible. At our last office, the doctor had a graph and would show me how my son's growth was progressing overall and from teh last visit. I have to specifically ask them at every visit and they act suprised I need to know. They have fees for everything and make sure you know about them at every visit. I understand the need to charge for habitual no-shows and we have never been a no-show or a cancellation, so that isn't our issue. However, they are now charging a $75 fee to do the insurance approval for HGH each year. I have never been charged for this in all the 6 years we have beeing doing growth hormones. They also have a schedule of what they insist my insurance covers for lab work. Every 3 months they do labs on him and insist I pay around $90 as our out of pocket for labwork. I get an EOB a couple of weeks later showing our insurance has paid more than what their office said it would, so I am owed money. I finally get the reimbursement from the doctor's office right before it is time to go back for another growth check and we do the same thing all over again. No matter how many times I have showed them EOBS and paperwork defining what my insurance pays out, they still insist I owe them more than my out of pocket ends up being. I have never had a balance with them in the 2 and half years we have been at this practice, but I am made to feel like if they didn't follow their printed out schedule, I would be causing the office to go bankrupt. We have also had issues with them gettting our refills to our mail order pharmacy in a timely manner. My son went wihout meds for the first time for 7 days a couple of months ago because they didn't send in the refill like they should have 2 months prior and I couldn't get the nurse to return my call. They like to blame our mail order pharmacy, but we never had any issues with our last endocrinologist with refills. Of course, our previous doctor had a laptop and would send the refill to our mail order pharmacy during our appointment, so there was no way it could be forgotten by the practice. I am looking for recommendations now. There has to be better than this in the Dallas area.

December 16th, 2011
Do not visit this doctor
Our family's experience with this physician was the worst we ever had. Dr. Shea takes little concern or interest in patients, especially children and her office staff is deplorable. The very mood in her office is more depressing and unfriendly than I could have imagined. She is consistently late or forced to reschedule appointments and never makes eye contact with her patients or their parents.