Dr. Heidi Shea MD Patient Reviews

• Bad

April 12th, 2017
Super!

November 5th, 2016
Completely indifferent to my problems. Only cares about what the numbers on the blood tests reveal and does not address patient concerns. Dr. Shea has the worst bedside manner of any doctor I have ever seen. I was checking out and heard/saw her scheduling people mocking the patient on the phone. When you leave the doctor sobbing, it's time to find a new doctor.

September 14th, 2016
Frustrating experience
After waiting months to be seen, and what felt like longer in an exam room, Dr. Shea spent very few hast minutes visiting with me. She was exasperated when I would ask questions. Would not return to her if she were the last endo on earth.

September 14th, 2016
Medicine without humanity is hollow. Dr. Shea is as vacant as they come.
I was so hopeful for answers, and Dr. Shea (after keeping me waiting for over an hour and a half) rushed through my appointment and was irritated with me for not knowing anything about the conditions with which she had barely diagnosed me. I will never go back to her. Ever. I'm amazed there are people who do.

June 4th, 2016
The Best

November 27th, 2015
Very cold and uncaring. She is rude and has a cold manner with children. She is almost abusive to my child and absolutely does not care about his well being. I am searching for a new endocrinologist because I just cannot take this doctor anymore.

November 24th, 2015
Horrible customer service
I would NOT recommend this doctor. Follow up is non-existent. They promise follow up phone calls but don't deliver. Lab work goes weeks if not months with no follow up despite numerous calls to try to get results. We've given the benefit of the doubt way too long. This office is NOT reliable.

March 13th, 2015
Make sure you call for your lab reports and find out what is going on. They never report on their own.

March 27th, 2014
Keep looking for your Endocrinologist
Please take the time to heed all of these reviews about Dr. Shea & her office & staff. She was recommended to us by our family Dr whom we absolutely love & trust. I gave her the benefit of the doubt & went in with a positive attitude. We have visited the office 3 times now. We will NEVER BE BACK. They will never treat or touch my child again. She is supposedly a pediatric endo. but I don't see how that could be the case. She is cold & unfriendly, won't take the time with the patients or parents, and nothing is explained to us at all. They seem put out to have to answer any type of questions. You are supposed to see her every other visit, but we only saw her once. So much wasted time. Her office staff is absolutely hateful. They don't offer much of any use other to be annoyed at any type of request. Please do not go here especially if you are looking for a Dr. for your child.

February 21st, 2013
Dr. Shea is nice - when you can actually see her. Her office tends not to follow up very well.

July 12th, 2012
Great, thorough diabetes doctor
Seeing Dr. Shea to manage my diabetes has been a wonderful experience for me. Dr. Shea is thorough in her care. She will stay and answer all of your questions. She fought hard for me to get my CGM covered by insurance. She likes to include the patient in the brainstorming of how to improve glucose levels. She is very smart and has a good bedside manner. She has some very lovely nurses too. Some of the office staff can be a little coarse and it can be difficult to get an appointment sometimes, but I think it's well worth it. P.S. If you see the nurse practitioner, she reviews all of the nurse practitioner notes to make sure nothing is being missed.

February 16th, 2012
I am not sure why there is so many negative comments.
I have been going to Dr. Shea for about 4 years now and I am surprised by the negative comments. I usually go 3-4 times a year for my thyriod. I have never waited more than 15 minutes. Often, I am in and out of that office within a half hour. She has always been friendly with me and my 3 year old daughter who I always bring along. I do think she is a really busy doctor. There has been a couple of times that I had to reschedule and it was a month before she or her PA could me in.