A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Heidi Swygard:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Heidi Swygard, M.P.H., MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease.
- She has special expertise in 4 areas:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Trichomonas Vaginitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Swygard graduated from Indiana University , Indianapolis.
Dr. Swygard has 6 hospital affiliations:
- University of North Carolina Hospitals at Chapel Hill
- First Health Moore Rgnl
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Swygard accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Humana - 7 plans