Dr. Helen Colen MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 12th, 2014
Labiaplasty
Dr. Colen is truly amazing! I came in for a labiaplasty consult, not really thinking that I could actually go through with it, and she made me feel completely at ease. I was comfortable and happy with our appointment and knew that Dr. Colen really cared about me and my general well-being. We spent a little over an hour just talking about what to expect from the actual surgery and the recovery process. She made me feel excited about the surgery and wiped away my stress and fear. The actual surgery was not scary at all. Dr. Colen was professional and very caring throughout. The first few days after, there was a little bit of pain, but nothing that a little over the counter med couldn't fix. I didn't even need to take my prescription medications for the pain! After those first couple of days, everything slowly gets better. Within a few weeks, I was able to get back to my running without a care in the world. The healing process was quite quick and I am incredibly happy with the results!

February 27th, 2013
Dr. Colen is amazing!
A month and a half ago I went to Dr. Helen Colen for a labiaplasty consultation. We spent over an hour discussing every small detail that is involved with the procedure. I was very pleased that she spent as much time as I needed to asked all my questions honestly and didn’t sugar coat anything like previous plastic surgeons I’ve visited prior to her. She made me feel very comfortable discussing the topic (which can be a bit taboo for some) and the discomfort that I’ve felt for a long time. She was very understanding, patient and supportive explaining that this procedure has become second nature to her since she’s been doing this for many years. Two weeks later I came back for the procedure. I was a bit nervous because the thought of being under local kind of gave me the jitters. But once Dr. Colen delivered the local anesthetic I realized how silly I was to be afraid. I felt a pinch and the rest of the process was walk in the park. During the procedure Dr. Colen and Tara (Dr. Colens surgical assistant) were both very entertaining, I couldn’t believe how fast time flew by. For me it took about an hour but as I was told during the consult that it may vary from person to person. After I was cleaned up, Tara walked me through how to tend to the area and what I may expect in the upcoming 48 hours. Tara was absolutely amazing, such a pleasure to talk to. She makes herself available to her patients at anytime for any questions you may have before or after your surgery. Today, a month after my labiaplasty I cannot be more pleased. I experienced minimal discomfort during my post op. I saw beautiful result within the first two weeks after the swelling started to go down. There was a bit of discomfort sitting down for the first week and you wobble like a penguin. The pain was very minimal, I just took an extra strength Tylenol the first day, after I felt no pain. As of now, the majority of the swelling is gone and the results are outstanding. There is no scaring; you can barely tell I had any work done. I was told that in two months the results will be even better but in six months the results are going to be perfection. From what I see right now I can’t be more excited! Dr. Colen is magnificent at her job. I can’t really put into words how amazing she and her whole staff are. They really are the dream team of plastic surgeons artists. I highly recommend her if you are planning to have any work done.

January 18th, 2012
Everything about Dr. Colen, her office, and her staff exceeded my expectations throughout the entire process. I could not be happier with the result. I highly recommend Dr. Helen Colen. She is tremendously skilled, caring, attentive, responsive and talented.

July 2nd, 2011
She is an incredible artist
I have seen Dr. Colen for both breast enhancement and facial reconstruction and she is an amazing artist. No one can tell I have had plastic surgery. Everyone just thinks I am eating right or just came from a fabulous vacation or retreat. The scars are so difficult to find that even the best dermatologists have difficulty finding them. Dr. Colen is worth any amount of money. She is the best.

February 14th, 2017