Dr. Helen Duncan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Helen Duncan?

February 24th, 2016

The best care ever

She saved my life literally.I was being put through stress and seeing unethical unfair lending at my job.Was referred by my zip code by ins co. She has compassion ,honest and brings you back from the stress you may be put under by other or employer.She is a God send.I am very thankful for her being my Dr.I recommend her to anyone.

October 3rd, 2013

The online reviews were accurate this time.

The front-desk staff is not as friendly as you would expect for an office that treats those with mental/emotional illnesses; however, they aren't overtly rude. It's more like they are reserved and stoic in their mannerisms and ways of speaking. This didn't bother me too much. I was told that Dr. Duncan usually runs 30 minutes late. I waited for approximately 45 minutes to see her and although I dislike waiting, I truly believe she was worth it. While Dr. Duncan is direct in speech and will cut you off to ask questions, I find her direct approach intelligent and inquisitive. She made real efforts to get to know me and my history, to understand what I struggle with and what brought me to her, and most importantly, how she could help me, if at all. She spent approximately 45 minutes with me during my initial visit, which I thought was rare as my previous psychiatrists spent no more than 15 minutes with me the first time I saw them. She communicated openly with me about her deductions and diagnoses, and educated me on the symptoms associated with those diagnoses and why she felt they applied to me. She also explained why she believed the supplements and medications she was prescribing would help me. She was so open, she even told me my GAF score. Overall, I was incredibly impressed by her attentive nature, her intelligence, her openness, and her compassion, which I feel many physicians lack. She treated me with respect and truly listened to the information I shared; she then prescribed a treatment regimen that was tailored specifically for me and my needs, strengths, and weaknesses. I highly recommend Dr. Duncan and am so very glad she had time to take me in as a new patient.

November 20th, 2012

Dr. is OK , Staff below average, but Doctor is always CHRONICALLY late.

Good Doctor, horrible appointment setting and wait times are inexcusable. I have been a patient for some years now, and EVERY TIME I've come in for my appointment, the Doctor is ALWAYS running late.. This last time, I was seeing her a a CASH patient, as I lost my job and insurance, thus the $100 visit charge...I waited over 20 minutes AGAIN, but I walked out, because MY time is valuable also...I'm not paying a stinking copay, I'm a full cash only patient. I can understand the occasional running behind, just due to the nature of the job...But unfortunately, with this Doctor, it's CHRONIC. I will ween myself off the BENZOS, one pill, for a week, 1/2 pill for a week, and so on and so forth...I can always get my anziolytics from my PCP anyway, without the outrageous waiting times. But I prefer to just ween off, and that's one less Rx I'll have to pay for. Watch your copays though...their front office ladies have been known to not get the correct benefits for mental health, and they bill a psych visit as a 'specialist', and it's not, if you have a carve out mental health benefit, as 'parity' may apply, so you have unlimited visits, and the same office visit copay as if you were seeing your PCP, with unlimited visits....I'll be finding myself a much better physician in the meantime.. Sorry Dr. Duncan.. You're great, but you've over extended yourself. Patients have become very annoyed, and are seeking help elsewhere.

October 18th, 2012

I scheduled an appointment several weeks in advance and she up and goes out of town, which reflects poorly on how much she cares about her patients. Her staff are BRILLIANT GENIUSES who don't know how to dial a phone number correctly. They claimed to have tried to call but I got zero missed calls. They said that my voicemail was not set up, which may be true, because I'm not sure myself, but if they did call, I would have picked up at least one of the times. I also find it really odd and unintelligent that they don't bother to ask for a new patient's e-mail address. Maybe then, the message to reschedule would have reached me earlier than TWO HOURS before my scheduled appointment. I can assure you, I won't ever be seeing Dr. Duncan.

June 17th, 2011

The psychic psychiatrist ,

Office- busy. I was very anxious while waiting.I almost left for she was late by 25 minutes.when I met her I was surprised. She listens and comes up with comments that are right on.She made me feel very comfortable. I don't know how she read me so well. I agree with Bulls eye dx- very insightful. She answered my emails promptly.

June 3rd, 2011

Bulls eye diagnosis, extremely bright and caring.

She really took the time to understand me as a person. After discussing some medications with her, I walked away with some changes that were pretty satisfying. I would recommend this doctor to anyone. At least one visit won't hurt, it might just be the best time spent out of your entire life.

May 23rd, 2011

Had no idea what she was doing!!!

I went to Dr Duncan for anxiety and she would have me take a different med EVERY WEEK!!! She was very unorganized didnt look at her chart to see what I last took or why the med didnt work. When I went in with my husband she would throw out these medical names for meds and as if I had taken them....um I have no idea what she was talking about!!!!! After a month she gave up on me and told me to go see another DR. Bad DR!!!!!

May 20th, 2011

Highly Reccomended!

I was completely surprised to see such a busy office. I was a bit anxious due to how long the waiting would be. But it was only for about 15 mins of waiting. A kindly female doctor greeted me with a smile, I felt eased. The session went really well, she's a very understanding person. She explained certain types of medications and why it pertained to my situation. I was given samples and an appointment within a week. She gave me her email address and extension if I had any immediately questions regarding the medication and so forth. I highly recommend her to any one! The staff are very nicely courteous!

May 14th, 2011

Emily

This was my first visit to a Psychiatrist, after much encouragement from my Therapist. He warned my about the time it takes to get an initial appointment with Dr. Duncan. Luckily, there was a cancellation the following week so I was seen. It was strange going into a bank office building to see a Psychiatrist. The waiting room was packed with patients- I thought I would be there for hours. To my surprise I only waited 30 minutes. She spent close to 2 hours with me. She seemed to get me- it was great to be heard. I had a question re.grading my medication the next day- she called me back very promptly . What surprises me is her memory. Yes she is busy, but she can recall small detail of my life.

January 17th, 2011

She is always late

I like Dr. Duncan herself fine. The disorganization of her practice is unbelievable. She usually showed up an hour and a half after her first scheduled appointment. It is so frustrating. I did not feel that she really took the time with me. It felt like that she was rushing me all the time.

November 11th, 2010

Henry

Office is modest, crowded at times. I can see why she has a waiting list. She listens and is very insightful. Although I have to wait , yes she frequently runs late she spends ample time trying to understand my condition as well as my situation. She is quick to return phone calls.

November 5th, 2009

the shrink

This was my second experience with a psychiatrist. I was nervous. The gal is great- is she a mind reader? Would love to hear from other patients!