Dr. Helen Furr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Helen Furr?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Helen Furr?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 5th, 2016

She is the Best

February 26th, 2016

TREATED HORRIBLY

Dr. Furr and her staff, specifically a couple of nurses who return her calls, can be extremely judgmental and dismissive. Like some of the other reviewers have said, I also thought that she cared, but she didn't. She treated me like I was worth nothing! I honestly mean nothing...didn't want to even give me the time of day to explain things about my condition and some things I was uncertain about. As a patient, a doctor should NEVER be so dismissive to their patient's feelings and their concerns. She truly let me down. I don't want anyone to go through what I had to. The other neg reviews are correct. I wish I knew about them ahead of time.

January 14th, 2016

She is awesome and very nice!!!!!!!!!! Her staff greats you with a smile and friendly

June 26th, 2015

I thought she really cared- sad to report, does NOT. Selfish physician...not a good combo.

Dr. Furr seemed pleasant at first and easy enough to talk with with. One of her nurses, Tori, is very abrupt, short and to the point - I never once even seen her crack a smile. She seemed bothered when I asked what I thought were simple questions. I didn't want to be a bother. Then Dr. Furr came in and had her mind made up with what was already wrong with me from going over my old labs and not giving me a chance to update her on how I had been doing lately. Dr. Furr kept dodging some important questions I had. She seemed very uncomfortable. I believe she would really benefit from a class that teaches basic social skills and even role playing some uncomfortable situations to help her in her profession as a physician. I don't think I can continue with a doctor who has trouble talking and communicating with me or anyone in my family. It came across as very odd to us. I also would advise her to set up secret cameras or somehow tape record what her nurses are saying. I believe she would be very shocked to her how her one nurse Tori handles calls and her behavior and tone with many of the patients. I even witnessed her tell Dr. Furr a complete lie about a patient (I witnessed the whole incident). Between Dr. Furr and her nurse Tori, I have had my last experience with them. It was one of the most uncomfortable and stressful times in my life- and I was at a place where healing should take place, not put you in the grave.

March 2nd, 2014

Best Doctor Ever!!!

Dr. Furr is one of the most caring concerned doctors I have ever seen. She is very thorough and listens to all of my issues (which are many). I am not sure who wrote the review "terrible. Period" but probably a drug seeker who she wouldn't give pain medicine to. I followed Dr. Furr from her prior practice and refer all of my family and friends to her and she has made diagnosis that others have missed because she takes the time to listen. She has saved the lives of many of friends and family by making diagnosis that others have missed.

January 14th, 2014

She is terrible. Period.

August 18th, 2010

Dr Helen Furr = A Better Life

Dr Furr seems to genuinely care what happens with my health. She answers any questions I may have and gives me advice to better my life and my health. I have been using Dr Furr for a couple of years now and have never had any kind of a problem with her or her staff. I feel I have chosen well when searching for my PCP.

January 5th, 2010

When I first started going to Dr. Furr, she seemed to genuinely care about me as a patient. As her patient base got larger, she cared less about me and more about how many patients she could cram into her day. She sent me to a "specialist" for a persistant cough and chest pain, it turned to be for a colonoscopy. No help at all !! I will not go back to her again.

January 10th, 2017