Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor
Video profile

3.0

very thorough show details very thorough
Feb 25th, 2015

She is very thorough, which is unlike most doctors that I've visited. Anytime that I've needed her or her staff, they've always been responsive. She seems to actually care and she seems to keep up with current research and seems as if she discusses new methods with other doctors. She's simply not as apathetic as many doctors that I've seen.

Bizarre Experiences With Dr. Hilts show details Bizarre Experiences With Dr. Hilts
by Former Patient on Jan 6th, 2015

This doctor said something very bizarre, which shocked me. She told me that I am not really disabled and implied that I am "faking it." This, in spite of the fact that other medical professionals did many tests on me in the past, and determined that I am very disabled. She also changed her instructions to me, from appointment to appointment. She is very forgetful and sometimes seemed confused. She would forget what she had told me at my previous appointments; deny that she had given me certain instructions, etc. I wonder if she was having some post-menopausal or "senior" moments. She and one of her staff members also snapped at each other, in front of me. One of her staff members accused my insurance company of not paying Dr. Hilts in a timely manner. This was done in front of other patients, which was embarrassing, to say the least. It turned out that the delay was completely the fault of Dr. Hilts' staff member. Dr. Hilts required me to make numerous appointments and come in to see her, way too often, more than any other M.D. or D.O. than I have ever seen. I wonder if she was just trying to drain my insurance company of money. I would usually wait at least an hour-and-a-half to get to see her. First, the long wait began in the office "waiting" room. Next, I sat in an examination room, for an extremely long time, each appointment. She was abrupt and very rude to me. What a nightmare!

Few doctors impress me; she does. show details Few doctors impress me; she does.
Dec 19th, 2014

Great PCP, especially for diabetics. Brilliant. Listens & informs openly. Follows evidence over dogma.

Awful experience show details Awful experience
Aug 23rd, 2014

Dr Hilts is preachy, condescending and a poor listener. She seems to be knowledgeable about diabetes but treats the patient disrespectfully.

patient show details patient
May 6th, 2014

This doctor charges a fee of $250 in addition to your insurance for the PRIVILEGE to be your doctor. This is a crime and should be illegal!! Do NOT go to this doctor and encourage this unethical behavior!!!

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
Oct 20th, 2013

I sought out Dr. Hilts' office when I was looking for doctor who was knowledgeable about Type 1 Diabetes. I have been going to her practice for nearly three years and have found her to be extremely thorough, knowledgable and patient. She is the first doctor I've been to who actually takes the time to explain my test results, offer alternative treatments, gives me a copy for my records and makes sure I fully understand everything before she leaves. Plus, being a Type 2 Diabetic herself, she practices what she preaches which gives her added credibility in my book. I would highly recommend her.

by Mary on Jun 24th, 2013

I have never written an MD review before, but after reading some of the negative comments...Dr. Hilts is a physician of incredible integrity and devoted to helping patients live healthy lives. She focuses on each patient and symptoms, which helps her excel as a diagnostician. I have had referrals to excellent care givers, thanks to Dr. Hilts & her competent, caring staff. Yes, there is a bit of a wait and she is worth waiting for...bring a book.

Don't go there show details Don't go there
Feb 16th, 2013

Very unprofessional and opinionated. She will make you more sick, prescribes unnecessary lab tests and medications.

Wait time show details Wait time
Nov 30th, 2012

EVERY TIME my husband goes into see her the wait time is anywhere between an hour and a half to two hours. Sometimes it has been more. RIDICULOUS, when he could go to a regular Dr., get the SAME treatment and knowledge and pay LESS money. Over it and onto finding a new Dr. Also, t2d diet and lifestyle is quite a bit different. Also it varies between men and women what they need. The Dr. should keep this in mind when telling a 31 year old man not to eat carbs when he is a hardworking BUSY individual.

To the person that keeps writting the bad reviews.... show details To the person that keeps writting the bad reviews....
May 25th, 2012

I have been going to Dr Helen Hilts and have never had nor witnessed this type of behavior. As I read along the forum postings it is obvious to me it is one person repeatedly writing the same bad reviews. I would say to people who are or would be a patient to Dr. Helen Hilts, go to see her and make up your own mind. I have and so far after going through 5 Dr.'s without the proper treatment, Dr. Hilts has been the only one that has listened and has put the time into finding out what is wrong with me. Unlike the past 5 Dr.'s that just kept writing me prescriptions for pain killers and not properly finding out why I am ill. Don't believe all negative reviews, She is really One of a Kind :D

Don't go to Dr. Death! show details Don't go to Dr. Death!
May 22nd, 2012

I only wish I had read these reviews before visiting the Wicked Witch of the East Valley.First off, having an appointment is absolutely meaningless, because I waited for over an hour before I was told by Ms. Borat (the help) to follow her. I was finally blessed with the presence of the Great Doctor Hilts. She walked into the room with an unctuous smile, takes one good look at me, and the first thing she tells me is that I have gnarly-looking toes. And, she tells me not to wear sandals to her office ever again.Excuse me, Ms. Thing, but it was 110 degrees out and I was not about to go out without proper ventilation on my feet. I get toe fungus quite easily. Oh, and that's not it, she then tells me I look like a boozer and I should stop drinking. I told her I didn't drink. She said, "Yes, you do."I was flabbergasted.Anyway, I finally told her why I was there, and she gave me a very grave, the-sky-is-falling type of prognosis. I told her I wanted a second opinion, she said, "OK, you're ugly, too."DO NOT GO HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

donna RN show details donna RN
Mar 23rd, 2012

She is wonderful. She was kind, caring and excellent practioner. I have been an RN for years and woul only take my mother to the best!

Been a patient since 2008 show details Been a patient since 2008
Jan 23rd, 2012

I have never had an problem of any of the kind listed on this review site. Sounds like a few of them are the same person. Anyway, Dr. Hilts has been an excellent doctor and is very caring. Trudy the office manager is awesome and really is a big help whenever I have a question or need something.

DR. HILTS IS IN TROUBLE WITH THE LAW AGAIN! show details DR. HILTS IS IN TROUBLE WITH THE LAW AGAIN!
Jan 2nd, 2012

This dr. helen hilts has had a number of well documented charges from patients and other physicians alike, about her well known abusive attitude and behavior! However after her racist rant against a popular black doctor in the scottsdale area (she also reportedly had spit! at another hispanic patient) she had her license briefly suspended and was barred from practice until she underwent a psychiatric examination and mandated sensitvity course. DR. HILTS refused and is in current violation of the ARIZONA MEDICAL BOARD'S probationary status for her.To sum up, she is practicing without a license! All patients have an obligation to report her, and the state is now about to proceed with criminal action against her if she continues to practice without a license.

Dec 28th, 2011

She is compassionate.

A very thorough Dr. show details A very thorough Dr.
Sep 25th, 2011

Dr Hilts always make you feel like you are the most important person in the office. She treats the whole person not just a symptom. Her wait time is not the best. The office staff is very friendly and informative. My bet is the one who is so disssatified is a DRUG SEEKER and Dr Hilts saw through her.

THE NASTIEST! DOCTOR IN ALL OF SCOTTSDALE show details THE NASTIEST! DOCTOR IN ALL OF SCOTTSDALE
Sep 23rd, 2011

This HELEN HILTS is an extremely insulting and nasty doctor. She has personally insulted me and said abusive and very verbally assaultive pesonal attacks against me.She seems to have a very severe emotional unbalance, and for those who are unaware,she has been under investigation by the arizona medical board, and had her licence briefly suspended for similiar behaviors toward patients at her previous office location before she was kicked out and relocated at this current address.

Jun 27th, 2011

Gave a grave prognonsis about a test I had, which, after follow up with other doctors, turned out to be completely untrue. Seemed to want to require other outside procedures which were of questionable need. Does she get money from these?

great Dr for diabetics show details great Dr for diabetics
May 26th, 2011

Very detailed and precise with the disease of diabetes.Hopes to convince you of a total no carb diet,didn't work for me.

STAY AWAY FEOM THERE! show details STAY AWAY FEOM THERE!
Jan 1st, 2011

DR. HELEN HILTS IS VERY UNPLEASANT, AND HER NURSE IS A VERY NASTY YOUNG WOMAN FROM ROMANIA WHO SEEMS TO HAVE A PSYCHOLOGICAL DISORDER AND IS QUITE HOSTILE! TO MALE PATIENTS