Dr. Helen Hilts Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Helen Hilts?

Dissappointed

Posted on September 10th, 2017

I didn't expect a contradiction from her and her nurse practioner, Irma Ruiz re prescriptions I have been taking from my highly respected cardiologist and pulmonologist (former head of Pulm. Dept. and instructor at Scott's hospitals). Too much misinformation and poor advice could have lead to serious consequences for me to place myself in their care again. Sadly I have no comfort, trust or respect, only concern for myself and others who don,t double check with specialists. Very unsettling experience.

Condescending

Posted on June 15th, 2017

Appointments are never on time expect at least two hours minimum for a scheduled visit that is for a 30 minute visit. Attitude towards patients displays lack of empathy or genuine care. She is not attentive to the words of the patient. She is always in a rush to leave the room. She attempts to convince you that you need lab test that are unnecessary and costly. She enters the room with assumptions and pre scripted verbiage non relent to the patient. She is a money hungry doctor who will over bill and ask for countless visits just to make a quick buck. She will waste your time and make you feel worse than you got there with her degrading tone and talk downs.

Very Impressed!

Posted on August 18th, 2016

Dr. Hilts a is extremely knowledgeable, professional and caring. I have never had an MD put together my medical puzzle like she has. Very thorough intake. I think I have found a wonderful doctor, it has taken me years to fine one that was not condescending, rushed and egotistical. Dr. Hilts is none of these negative things, she's definitely 5-star.

Excellent Doctor

Posted on May 27th, 2016

Been suffering for so many years & been to so many different doctors,& then finding Dr. Hilits - who is determined., very caring, & she really saved my life!! She's a Blessing!!

Posted on March 9th, 2016

Was told by nurse to nod my head yes to questions so blood work would be covered, after receiving bill for preventative exam and so called covered blood work spoke to nurse and she stated that she "warned me" very unprofessional. Was accused by nurse of making the appointment more about a condition rather then preventative and that was why it was charged out different. I thought the point of a general exam was to bring up questions or concerns with Dr?! Sorry to say will not be returning.

Posted on September 28th, 2015

Dr. Hilts is the most amazing & caring Doctor I have ever had, she spends time with you & cares about you. She & her staff deserve more than Five Stars.

very thorough

Posted on February 25th, 2015

She is very thorough, which is unlike most doctors that I've visited. Anytime that I've needed her or her staff, they've always been responsive. She seems to actually care and she seems to keep up with current research and seems as if she discusses new methods with other doctors. She's simply not as apathetic as many doctors that I've seen.

Bizarre Experiences With Dr. Hilts

Posted on January 6th, 2015

This doctor said something very bizarre, which shocked me. She told me that I am not really disabled and implied that I am "faking it." This, in spite of the fact that other medical professionals did many tests on me in the past, and determined that I am very disabled. She also changed her instructions to me, from appointment to appointment. She is very forgetful and sometimes seemed confused. She would forget what she had told me at my previous appointments; deny that she had given me certain instructions, etc. I wonder if she was having some post-menopausal or "senior" moments. She and one of her staff members also snapped at each other, in front of me. One of her staff members accused my insurance company of not paying Dr. Hilts in a timely manner. This was done in front of other patients, which was embarrassing, to say the least. It turned out that the delay was completely the fault of Dr. Hilts' staff member. Dr. Hilts required me to make numerous appointments and come in to see her, way too often, more than any other M.D. or D.O. than I have ever seen. I wonder if she was just trying to drain my insurance company of money. I would usually wait at least an hour-and-a-half to get to see her. First, the long wait began in the office "waiting" room. Next, I sat in an examination room, for an extremely long time, each appointment. She was abrupt and very rude to me. What a nightmare!

Few doctors impress me; she does.

Posted on December 19th, 2014

Great PCP, especially for diabetics. Brilliant. Listens & informs openly. Follows evidence over dogma.

Awful experience

Posted on August 23rd, 2014

Dr Hilts is preachy, condescending and a poor listener. She seems to be knowledgeable about diabetes but treats the patient disrespectfully.

patient

Posted on May 6th, 2014

This doctor charges a fee of $250 in addition to your insurance for the PRIVILEGE to be your doctor. This is a crime and should be illegal!! Do NOT go to this doctor and encourage this unethical behavior!! !

Great Doctor

Posted on October 21st, 2013

I sought out Dr. Hilts' office when I was looking for doctor who was knowledgeable about Type 1 Diabetes. I have been going to her practice for nearly three years and have found her to be extremely thorough, knowledgable and patient. She is the first doctor I've been to who actually takes the time to explain my test results, offer alternative treatments, gives me a copy for my records and makes sure I fully understand everything before she leaves. Plus, being a Type 2 Diabetic herself, she practices what she preaches which gives her added credibility in my book. I would highly recommend her.