Dr. Helen Holtman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Helen Holtman?

June 7th, 2016

She closed her Hamilton practice to take care of Veterans. Great, but she said, "Your GP can prescribe your meds. for you under certain guidelines" Fine, but she didn't give us our records, or forward the huge amount of papers, as she didn't use a computer until the very end. Now how do I get these for my current Dr.?

February 8th, 2016

Fast, Reliable, and Compassionate Services

Dr. Holtman is courteous, kind, and caring, but also practical and action-oriented. If you let her know you have done well with a certain medication in the past, odds are (after discussion other options), she will accommodate your request. She has a wide ranging knowledge of all things psychiatric. Jim Canfield is also an excellent therapist - you can tell he's been working at his own development in the field since he made up his mind to make this his career; probably saved many lives, if I had to guess.

November 11th, 2015

Good doc but you have to be your own advocate

While she leans heavily on the therapists in her office to avoid any real therapy herself, she does know her way around psychiatric medication and is very open to ideas and suggestions. I've often felt a bit rushed out of her office but she's never once refused a request of mine nor failed to answer a question. Drugs aren't always the solution (they usually aren't actually) to mental disorders but her RXs kept me from losing my job and are still keeping me going.

December 23rd, 2013

Very professional but also very personable. Easy to talk with and she is always sensitive to me needs when I see her. All in all I really enjoy her as my psychiiatrist Office staff very pleasant and friemdly, never a long wait for scheduled appointment

January 25th, 2012

I found Dr. Holtman to be very judgmental. She insisted she had seen me before and assured her I have never been a patient of hers. She continued to imply she had. I felt very uncomfortable and left the office more stress and upset then when I went in because of her attitude. She did not seem to care at all about my health and mental condition. The therapist in the office Jim Canfield is very kind and understanding. I had a good experience with him. The staff is nonexistent as far as I could see. I sat in the waiting room for a very long time without any acknowledgement.

October 17th, 2011

Prompt and business-like

My experience spans about 8 years, all but the first 18 months in a maintenance mode. Rating applies to Dr. H and front office, not to counselors.Wait times are very short! Reasonable problem-solving, questioning skills, followup. Efficient and effective without being overly brusque, but probably not one to waste much time on chit-chat or sympathy. Accounting folks can sometimes be inflexible and unfriendly even over minor issue.

January 12th, 2010

Bedside Manner is Terrible

Patients beware! If you are off of work due to anxiety they will force you into a partial hospitalization program. They will not listen to the issues that you have, but leave it to group therapy. If you voice any resistance to the program they will drop you from their practice.

September 26th, 2017