A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Helen Kales:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Helen Kales, MD is board certified in Geriatric Psychiatry and Psychiatry.
- She has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression (Major Depressive Disorder)
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Health Services Research
- Mental Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Kales graduated from University of Rochester .
Dr. Kales has 2 hospital affiliations:
- University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Centers
- Ann Arbor Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Kales accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 2 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 4 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Helen Kales practice?
Dr. Helen Kales practices Psychiatry and Geriatric Psychiatry near Ann Arbor, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Battle Creek, MI.
See Ann Arbor Psychiatrists.