Dr. Helen Matthews MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Castro Valley, CA

3.4

April 11th, 2017
poor communication
The most disappointing part is the office or doctor doesn't verify with the insurance and tell you about the costs. You get an outrageous bill later! The insurance tells you that no one called to verify. The insurance tells you that it's the doctor's responsibility to tell you the cost and what insurance will cover. Then the patient can decide what to do. Not the other way around when you get a bill!

July 13th, 2016
A Strange Appointment
I found it very odd that a Gynecologist would also be a "coolsculpting" Dr as well! She spent very little time with me and just about told me "what are you doing here". I was referred by another doctor who suggested I needed a gynecologist exam. I would never recommend this doctor.

July 11th, 2012
An uncaring physician
Worst experience ever, terrible bedside manner, would rather deliver a baby on my own than go back to her.

October 15th, 2009
Dr. Matthews is thorough and caring
I saw Dr. Matthews for the birth of my second child, and she was excellent. She thoroughly asked how I felt, examined me, was kind to my child who came to my appointments with me. She called me at home, personally sorted out billing issues and was very attentive in the hospital. Excellent experience.The only complaint I had was with her office. If I had an afternoon appointment, I had to wait at least 40 minutes to see her. If I made an appointment first thing, I saw her right away. Her staff was wonderful, but the office she shared with another dr. had some rude staff.She has since left her office (in Hayward), which I applaud, but I have no idea where to find her, and the staff that is left, won't give me any information on her. I need to find my records! If you're able to see her though...you won't regret it.