Dr. Helen Schilling MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

July 8th, 2016
Uncaring, dictator
No empathy for the level 7-8 fibromyalgia pain I was having. I was literally sobbing in pain and yet she did nothing but give me more exercises to do. Refused to refill pain meds - no compassion for the level of pain I am dealing with. Blew me off, did not listen to me.

March 24th, 2016
Very wreckless actions by doctor
Worst pain management doctor. Could very well cause someone on long term pain medications to be come very ill after stopping them all together instead of weaning them off. People on some types of narcotic pain meds have to be tapered off them or they could have seizers. My loved one was forced to deal with her in a hospital type setting

February 27th, 2016
Terrible uncaring staff. Leaves her practice for as long as two months with no back up for her patients. You never get a call back on a question or problems. Left me with no pain medication while I had two spinal fractures. The receptionist is not helpful or friendly. She has never looked at a X-ray or done blood work........etc etc. stay away!!!!!

July 16th, 2012
Finally!
she was the only dr. who understood the extreme pain of lupus & RA dx. & helped mera

May 22nd, 2012
Only doctor that would listen to me
Dr. Schilling carefully looked at all my reports and x rays from my other doctors. She was thorough, I never had a doctor spend so much time looking at my problem. She answered allmy questions. Thank goodness I found her.

April 21st, 2012
A true dictator
This doctor thinks she is god. She confiscates cell phones if they ring in her office. Spends about 3 minutes with you, most of the time there spent with her assistants. Overall: She knows she has her patients because she is giving them pain pills. Once addicted she can and will abuse you.

March 22nd, 2012
She is great
I have had chronic pain for over 20 years. For over 2 years I have seen Dr Schilling at least 4 times a year. I have flown in from out of state to see her for my regular appointments when I was working out of state. She is professional, she knows what she is doing, she always provides adequate time to ask questions. I had the need for injections to help with severe neck pain after a long car trip. I called one afternoon and was told it would be two days to get in, for a pain specialist that is NOT a long wait. Instead, the receptionist called me the next morning and asked if I could be there that day as there was a cancellation. I gladly went in earlier. I am totally pleased with Dr Schilling.

February 12th, 2012
Great doctor
I have been seeing Dr. Schilling for a year now. She saved me from having to have back surgery which was recommended by 2 other doctors. My back pain isn't 100% but it is sooo much better. She is the only doctor that really listened to me. I have my life back. She has very nice bedside manners.

December 3rd, 2010
Excellent Doctor Excellent Staff
I saw Dr. Schilling as a patient at Houston Northwest Medical Center Just before being transferred to Rehab. At first I was a little afraid of moving to a rehab hospital after all I'd been through at Houston NW Medical however Dr. Schilling made the transfer better. She entered my room with an intern which was quite alright with me as they have to start somewhere. Dr. Schilling is one the kindest, knowledgeable, professional, compassionate Doctor's I've seen. Her office staff is always kind and always gets the answers I've ever needed. On my first visit I was barely able to walk was on oxygen and used a walker she was very helpful she took her time to go over the problems and concerns I had. Dr. Schilling is not a pill pusher like most of the clinics in the area, she is cautious with the medications she prescribes and always makes me feel like I'm part of my treatment plan. She is NOTHING like one of the comments posted by others on this page by another disgrundled person who doesn't understand that Dr. Schilling is inpractice to help patients not degrade them. Dr. Schilling happens to be one of the doctors who provides a place for interns to further their education. The interns follow the same patient care guidelines as any other practice does. Dr. Schilling is the best choice when it comes to pain management.

November 9th, 2010
She listened to me. She was able to help me right away. Definitely recomend.

September 26th, 2010
Quick and professional diagnosis and treatment. Very matter of fact. Answered questions. I felt comfortable.