Dr. Helen Trop-Zell MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

June 6th, 2015
How to make more money from a medical practice.
Money oriented. Performs useless tests and charges insurance. Then tells you to sign paper guaranteeing you will pay what insurance will not. Now, will not even take credit cards! Her business manager-husband is thinking up stuff like this, based on the assumption that you have no choice but to go there.

December 5th, 2014
also disappointed
I've been in the practice for a while and have been increasingly disappointed. The staff used to be very good, but now they aren't. They seem to be overworked, things don't get done. Messages don't get relayed promptly or properly from the front desk. I'm not sure where the problem is, but I'm thinking of changing my physician.

September 24th, 2014
Trop-Zell is cold, not thorough, and seems to only care about collecting her fee for a physical. She does not even call back with results of blood work. She refuses to call even when you request her to. She didn't even do an EKG. There was no one in her waiting room. Perhaps others have caught on to her. She is only a referral service.

August 11th, 2014
Current Patient
I have been seeing Dr. Trop-Zell for about 20 years. Started out with her when she was still affiliated with St. Luke's Health System and have followed her as she had made her way to the current office in North Scottsdale. I am morbidly obese and have Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Anxiety and difficulty sleeping. All mostly caused by my weight. At my yearly check ups, Dr. Trop-Zell counsels but does not lecture and because she has managed my medications so well all of these years I have never had to go to the ER, be hospitalized and have very few sick days. If you do your part and follow her treatment plan I assure you, you will have a very good outcome.

December 10th, 2013
Stay Away
A highly intelligent woman with little compassion and no follow through. Spends as little time as possible with patients and does not return phone calls. She has recently added the term "geriatric" to her self description. I strongly urge all individuals who consider themselves in this category to stay away.

July 25th, 2013
Excellent physician
I've been in Az for 12 years and Dr. Trop -Zell is the best internal medicine physician I've had, She's very sharp and doesn't miss a thing. And I'm an RN, so I'm very picky when it comes to choosing my physicians. She is busy, but an occasional wait is a small price to pay for quality care.

June 18th, 2013
Beyond exceptional!!!
I've been with her for over 20 years. There are no other doctors I feel that can match her abilities (and I have seen many, many doctors!) She has such empathy, understanding, patience and care including staying longer in the appointment if I am having issues; health, personal. Helen has fought with my former insurance company to have further testing done that initially was refused by the insurance. She succeeded in having the insurance company approve the vital testing! One insurance company I had did not cover Helen as my primary, but I wanted her anyway no matter the cost. I have complete faith and trust in her judgement. More so is that Helen has worked with me in certain areas of health that we have had a slight difference of opinion, but the mutual respect that we have for each other stays strong, and both of us are willing to give and take because of the trust we have. I have referred my friends to her, and such positive responses I got from them about Helen was amazing. To me, she is the only doctor and friend that I truly trust completely without reservation. Helen is my doctor, and I have absolutely no plans on leaving.

August 10th, 2012
Breast Cancer Survivor
I am a five year cancer survivor. I attribute being here and healthy today to Dr. Trop Zell.

February 27th, 2012
Disappointed
Disappointed with internal medicine credentials.

August 13th, 2011
Ticked off staff
Similar experience as another reviewer. Staff doesn't like to be questioned even if/when errors are made. No follow up to such reporting.

March 16th, 2011
Exceptional
Dr. Tropp-Zell is an excellent doc. She is bright and tenacious. She takes great care in treating her patients. Her staff is efficient and personable. This makes those dreaded doctor visits so much more comfortable. Dr. Tropp-Zell is a fine doc ie busy, but so worth the wait. A truly amazing person!

May 13th, 2010
Careless prescribing medicines
She is ok if you research her prescriptions on the internet. Otherwise, you could get meds that you are allergic to, or would harm you in other ways. When I call to express my concern, the receptionist, Cathy, gets impatient even though I am right, and supported by a specialist who is treating me. Now, I am taking a medicine prescribed by Trop-Zell but which my specialist tells me I must not take! Trop-Zell is alwas too busy to call me herself and her staff is ticked off at me because I have challenged a medicine she has prescribed.