Surgical Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  Survivor  |  show details
by Fraher, Patricia on Apr 29th, 2013

She is a woman who cares about women. She is honest, sincere, caring and thorough ! She did a lumpectomy on me in 2000 and suggested chemo and radiation which I did. To this date I am doing fine and enjoying life and will never forget Dr. Chang. After surgery I went to a Pomona hospital to have a port put in since that was closer to my home. During the procedure my lung was punctured. I woke up in intense pain and frightened . I called her to see if I checked myself out and went to UCLA could she help me. She calmed me down and said the chest tube which they would need to do would be hard but I must stay there so they could do it. She ended her call by saying. REMEMBER I LOVE YOU! I will never forget that as it gave me courage to proceed! Thank you Dr. Chang Sincerely, Patricia Kay Fraher

|  Great Doctor!  |  show details
Mar 28th, 2013

I feel like this isn't even the same doctor most of the other reviewers are talking about. Dr. Chang has been amazing with me. Having been diagnosed with Stage II Breast Cancer, my family and I were a little freaked out. My 18 year-old daughter and husband joined me on my visit with Dr. Chang for a second opinion. The first opinion doctor didn't even come close to comparing to the level of knowledge, professionalism and courtesy to the patient as Dr. Chang. She very thoroughly explained my situation, including pathology reports, x-rays and offered her recommendations. She spoke with us in laymen's terms, but not as if we were morons. She did not rush us and I was made to feel as if my issue was of utmost importance to her.... even though I'm sure I was 1 of dozens with the same issue that week. We left feeling confident that I would be in good hands, and indeed I have been. I would highly recommend Dr. Chang to anyone and I know without hesitation.

|  Stay Away  |  show details
May 16th, 2012

Very credentialed but gives patients no time, does not explain options, did not bother to review my previous pathology results and gave bad advice, recommending unnecessary surgery. I didn't know you could be famous and give bad guidance and be inattentive.

|  May be a good doctor BUT....  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2011

My mom had an appointment with Dr. Change at 12:00 noon. It's now 4:07PM and she is still waiting in the waiting room.

|  show details
Nov 2nd, 2010

I could not be more disappointed and frustrated. Am changing doctors now after multiple failed procedures by Dr. Chang and a general lack of care from her staff. I feel like a lab rat here. AVOID.

|  A wonderful surgeon - a truly wonderful person  |  show details
by Elaine Jesmer on Aug 31st, 2009

When I was diagnosed with breast cancer, I had a moment of terror because I couldn't get an appointment with the oncologist I wanted. Dr. Chang not only came up with the words to take away the fear, her decisions about treatment before surgery and the surgery, itself, helped immeasurably to save my life. After surgery, she came to visit me every day until I got out. Whoever says surgeons are cold people obviously don't know this terrific, talented lady. I'm no fan of government-run hospitals, because in many cases the contract goes to the lowest bidder, as in the case of the people who clean the place. But when it comes to the doctors, the staff, and the technicians, UCLA deserves its high ranking. Both UCLA and I am lucky to have Dr. Chang on our teams.