Dr. Helena Chang MD Patient Reviews

• Surgical Oncology Los Angeles, CA

3.6

January 4th, 2017
Excellent Doctor
Dr. Chang is an exceptional doctor and surgeon. She has years of experience and is very caring and conscientious. I received excellent care, and always felt that she had my best interest in mind. The follow up care has been great, compassionate, and caring.

October 19th, 2016
Would not recommend
All the information she provided was given in one appointment and too quickly. I had to make many phone calls in order to get answers to unanswered questions. Some misinformation was told me as to reconstruction and urgency of surgery. I would not recommended her.

May 16th, 2016
Receptionist
In a word awesome. This doctor was the most informative Doctor I have ever encountered. 1to10. A10 hands down. Be side manner excellent. She preformed a lumpectomy that healed to perfection. A God send for any patient. God Bless the capable hands of this surgeon.

March 28th, 2013
Great Doctor!
I feel like this isn't even the same doctor most of the other reviewers are talking about. Dr. Chang has been amazing with me. Having been diagnosed with Stage II Breast Cancer, my family and I were a little freaked out. My 18 year-old daughter and husband joined me on my visit with Dr. Chang for a second opinion. The first opinion doctor didn't even come close to comparing to the level of knowledge, professionalism and courtesy to the patient as Dr. Chang. She very thoroughly explained my situation, including pathology reports, x-rays and offered her recommendations. She spoke with us in laymen's terms, but not as if we were morons. She did not rush us and I was made to feel as if my issue was of utmost importance to her.... even though I'm sure I was 1 of dozens with the same issue that week. We left feeling confident that I would be in good hands, and indeed I have been. I would highly recommend Dr. Chang to anyone and I know without hesitation.

May 16th, 2012
Stay Away
Very credentialed but gives patients no time, does not explain options, did not bother to review my previous pathology results and gave bad advice, recommending unnecessary surgery. I didn't know you could be famous and give bad guidance and be inattentive.

November 2nd, 2010
I could not be more disappointed and frustrated. Am changing doctors now after multiple failed procedures by Dr. Chang and a general lack of care from her staff. I feel like a lab rat here. AVOID.

August 31st, 2009
A wonderful surgeon - a truly wonderful person
When I was diagnosed with breast cancer, I had a moment of terror because I couldn't get an appointment with the oncologist I wanted. Dr. Chang not only came up with the words to take away the fear, her decisions about treatment before surgery and the surgery, itself, helped immeasurably to save my life. After surgery, she came to visit me every day until I got out. Whoever says surgeons are cold people obviously don't know this terrific, talented lady. I'm no fan of government-run hospitals, because in many cases the contract goes to the lowest bidder, as in the case of the people who clean the place. But when it comes to the doctors, the staff, and the technicians, UCLA deserves its high ranking. Both UCLA and I am lucky to have Dr. Chang on our teams.