Family Physicians

655 S Flower St
Suite 334
Los Angeles, CA 90017
310-462-0181
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  not happy with dr. mba  |  show details
by jacky on Jul 30th, 2014

EVERY TIME I go in for my appoinent it takes at least 2 hours to be seen because she always has all these women clammed up in her lobby waiting to be seen...then when she finally sees you she does what she has to do then rushes out the door without sasking if the patient has any questions because shes trying to get to the next patient. Not to mention I left her some voicemails before and she has not returned my calls a couple times..I can go on about some moreeee bad experiences I had with her but Ill make it short and say I wouldnt recommend her...ive experienced good doctors and she is not one of those...shes horrible!

Mar 21st, 2013

by Desiree on Jan 22nd, 2013

What I disliked the most was the manner of disrespect to a returning patient who has set an appointment five weeks out in advance and has a 2 hour wait to be seen while others just walk in. This is not the first time this has happened to me and I'm truly dissapointed and will not return to this office.

|  Wonderful Dr. but could improve  |  show details
Jan 16th, 2012

I love DR Mba when delevering my baby she was a big help to keep me inform and made me comfortable with every question i had. the staff is ok at time but its a pain in the butt trying to get an appointment. i nthink if she has a better system of schduleing all would be great!!!!. AS A DR SHE IS WONDERFUL!

|  WONDERFUL DR & STAFF!!  |  show details
Oct 13th, 2011

I wanted to update my comment so i could include information about Dr Mba's staff.....they've been wonderful to work with! i initially didn't comment about them because i had only seen Dr Mba at the hospital however now that i have been to her office twice i have received a great feel for her office and staff as well...they're very caring and accommodating. I HIGHLY recommend Dr Mba and her staff!

|  I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS DOCTOR , SHE IS SUCH A BLESSING!  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2011

Dr Mba came into my life 9.29.11 after i was admitted to hospital for severe abdominal pain and she has been a total blessing ever since! She is definitely an angel in my life! She removed an ovarian cyst that was the size of a grapefruit on 10.6.11. Her very courteous and caring demeanor, her ability to explain what was going on, and her confidence and knowledge,gave me a tremendous amount of hope, trust, and faith in her and gave me the peace I needed to get through this very difficult time. For this I am eternally grateful.Before this experience, as a naturopath I thankfully have had little experience with doctors however the little experience I did have was not very pleasant. Now thankfully my experience with Dr. Mba, (with all due respect) has given me some hope with medical doctors and an abundance of hope and trust in my own new OBGYN! THANK YOU DR. MBA!!!On a separate note after reading some comments on this site from different patients, I want to make a comment on the complaints about wait times at Dr Mba's office. My comment is; Keep in mind if you're experiencing longer wait times than you prefer at her office, an OBGYN of this caliber is simply WORTH THE WAIT!

|  what a long wait!  |  show details
Sep 13th, 2011

Dr. Helena iseemed like a good doctor. She answered my questions, but seemed to be in a hurry. while taking care of me she was speaking to the nurse about gosh knows what instead of talking to me through the process. I felt like I was being rushed out the door. The waiting time was terrible. I sat in the waiting room for almost 2 hours. I didnt want to leave as I had this appointment shceduled for a month! If you decide to visit this office, make sure you have a free schedule all day.

|  Great doctor  |  show details
Apr 14th, 2011

I honestly love the doctor. She is very caring and the staff is great..I honestly love the staff.. The doctor actually listens to you and spends time with you at your visit. She is not like the other doctors I have been too. Were the doctor and staff are so rude. I recommend this doctor MBA.. She is the best.

|  Needs a total change in front office staff!!  |  show details
by Patricia on Apr 12th, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Mba, but my doctor. I made an appointment in March 2011, for April 2011. The appointment was for 1:00 pm. My first clue that this was going to be a bad experience, when after I arrived, I stood at the front window (it was closed) for 4 minutes, before anyone even spoke to me. There were 3 front office staff there deliberatly NOT making eye contact. I wasn't sure where I was even supposed to stand, so I tapped on the window to get someone's attention and they rudely told me to WAIT one minute.Okay, so I waited, and waited, and waited. I was giving forms to fill out and then waited and waited and waited. I had several converations with people in the waiting room who had waited 3-5 hours on any given day.I again went to the front window to tell them I just didn't have 3 hours so spend there and I was quickly giving my money (for a deductible) back and not rescheduled. This was the most ridiculous afternoon spent in my life.Dr Mba, I'm not sure how you are as a doctor because I didn't get to see you, but you must get control of your front office. They need to greet people as they come in, open the window so people don't feel alienated. Not accept walk-ins (there were two there that day) when you are overbooked with your confirmed appointments. Please be kind. We are going to the doctor because we have a problem and it is already a stressful situation. Waiting in this unfriendly office only makes these this situation worse.

Nov 24th, 2009

Great doctor, but waiting time is way too long!!!

|  nice doctor but the waiting time is really bad  |  show details
by Good patient on Sep 14th, 2009

Dr. Mba is very knowledgeable and good with patients. However, ppointments are give within 3 or 4 weeks. The staff was not very efficient, one day I had a follow up appointment and when I got there the assistant told me the doctor was not in for the day and that she called all patients which was not true because I use my cell phone and never got that call; I lost a morning going to that office to have to reschedule an appointment for a month after. I changed doctor right away, because I was in need of my follow up.

Mar 17th, 2009

I made a appoint 2 weeks ahead of time during those 2 weeks they could have verfied my insurance and they did not when I went in for my first appointment they said they could not verify my info cause my last name is different from my husband and they wouldnt be able to see me. Till 2 days later. I was very upset considering I was bleeding and needed to see the doctor.