Obstetricians & Gynecologists

25 Bala Ave
Ste 205
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
610-667-6363
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

• Currently 2.7096774193548 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore. CitySearch.
 |  Horrible Customer Service  |  show details
by A Frustrated Patient on Apr 18th, 2014

The customer service is horrendous. It has been weeks since I had tests done, but the doctor has yet to analyze my results. She claims that she received the results 10 days ago, but has not had time to look at them. 10 days is unacceptable. If I had some life-threatening illness, I'd be dead by now.

|  Awful doctor  |  show details
Feb 26th, 2014

This doctor is the worlds worst!! Very unprofessional!! She is down right mean non caring!! She is quick to write a script.. I think she is I'm a hurry!! How did she get a license????

Mar 22nd, 2013

I have been seeing this doctor for two years and I like that she is right up front with you and does not sugar coat facts. They are very busy and should space out thier appts. better but the staff and doctor have always been very professional adnd polite.

|  Undecided  |  show details
Sep 15th, 2012

I first saw the doctor a couple of years ago. She was speedy but thorough and fixed some problems. However she complained she needed new patients. After a year, her waiting room was packed like she had handed out free paps and the clientele were angry. Her receptionist is terrible- always forgetting things and miserable. Her PA is amazing but carries the office. The doctor has been mistreating me now for over a year. She can't seem to fix a small problem and my test results keep going missing. They forget to call in scripts and push all sorts of meds that are just vitamins. I was impressed with her but now I am disappointed I recommended her to anyone. I would be wary.

|  Terrible  |  show details
Apr 16th, 2012

This office is way to small. I hear everyones business. The doctor is rough and pinched my skin w clamp. Burned my virgina bc the pap clamp was way too hot. She shoved it in me and i screamed. She its a pill pusher.she only cares about money. She has not given me medicine that works.shes always trying to make me take the.pill. Im changing doctors bc they Lost my papresults. I'm so donewith this woman.

|  dr.no  |  show details
Dec 16th, 2011

There was not a good experience with this dr. as in my opinion a relatively minor procedure turned into a lifetime of pain and scarring

|  up to date on cutting edge treatments  |  show details
Dec 6th, 2011

Dr. Koch is very knowledgeable of her field. She treats me, friends both old and young, my 90 year old mother in law and my daughter. She has done the pap sure for so long..even the insurance companies are too dumb to realize it picks up other cervical pathologies besides cancer. She knew about BSGI and no one seems to know about it. It was important to me when I had a breast problem...love her and have been a patient for 17 years....

|  Great doc, bad customer service  |  show details
Oct 20th, 2011

I saw the Physician's Assistant, and I loved her. She was warm, wonderful, competent, and just overall friendly. HOWEVER, they have the worst service. I can never reach a live person there. I had to wait like 40 minutes to even get in to see the doc. And after the appointment they left a message on my phone saying they wanted to talk about my test results, but there was nothing to worry about and to just call them back. I did and of course it's been 24 hours and I haven't heard back from them. So it's frustrating and nerve-wracking not being able to get a hold of them and find out what's going on with my test results.

|  I'm sorry I ever met her  |  show details
Jul 20th, 2011

I was in her office the beginning of 2010. She did a procedure on me and I have been sick since then. My life hasn't been the same since i let her do the procedure. STAY OUT OF HER OFFICE

May 31st, 2011

Not to bad. I had a bit to wait but I can deal with it. She did good work with me.

|  I like her  |  show details
Apr 7th, 2011

I've been seeing Dr. Koch for about 9 months; I must say she is abrasive yet very nice. Shes very open to different lifestyles. What I like about her is she doesnt pull punches. If you are sensitive maybe this isnt the Dr for you. The office staff remembers me so its like family, days when they irk you, days when you love them. Yes you can wait forever to be seen once in her office but there are also times when I'm in/out or they allow me to come in when the office is closed b/c thats the only day I can make it. I guess it depends on the person, I do think she knows her stuff but I think she is just high strung and very busy which makes her a bit curt but if you ask her to slow down she will and explain everything clearly. Just be sure when you go in you cant be afraid to speak your mind, she does.

|  Horrible!  |  show details
Oct 21st, 2010

This was one of the worst experiences of my life. First, Dr. Koch found out that I didn't have insurance so she came out to the waiting room to ask me how I planned on paying for the visit. When I told her I had a credit card she wanted to know how much I had on it to make sure I could pay for everything! I should have left right then. Once I was in the exam room she came rushing in and raced through the exam. While she was using the metal clamp she pinched my skin with it. I jumped and she said "sorry, that happens all the time." Then I told her I was having some pain in my breast and she said "I'm not worried about that right now." About $800 later, she still didn't know what was wrong with me. She assumed that I had PCOS and put me on the pill. Well, when it came time for another exam, obviously I wanted a different doctor. She wanted to charge $30 to send my records to the new doctor. I thought that was outrageous since I had only been to her office once. This woman is just money hungry and doesn't care about her patients at all. Update: I just found out that my pap results from Dr. Koch may have been misread or that she may not have taken a good sample. My latest pap came back abnormal. I had to have a colposcopy and a biopsy on my uterus. When my results came back for that my current doctor said I have adenocarcinoma in situ, which takes years to get to that stage. Now I have to have a cold knife conization and a d and c. Maybe if Dr.Koch had taken her time with me I wouldn't be in this situation.

|  Worst doctor ever!  |  show details
by AmandaRene at Citysearch on Sep 30th, 2010 on citysearch.com

This was one of the worst experiences of my life. First, Dr. Koch found out that I didn`t have insurance so she came out to the waiting room to ask me how I planned on paying for the visit. When I told her I had a credit card she wanted to know how much I had on it to make sure I could pay for everything! I should have left right then. Once I was in the exam room she came rushing in and raced through the exam. While she was using the metal clamp she pinched my skin with it. I jumped and she said \"\"sorry, that happens all the time.\"\" Then I told her I was having some pain in my breast and she said \"\"I`m not worried about that right now.\"\" About 800 later, she still didn`t know what was wrong with me. She assumed that I had PCOS and put me on the pill. Well, when it came time for another exam, obviously I wanted a different doctor. She wanted to charge 30 to send my records to the new doctor. I thought that was outrageous since I had only been to her office once. This woman is just money hungry and doesn`t care about her patients at all. Stay away!

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  Worst doctor ever!  |  show details
by AmandaRene at Citysearch on Sep 30th, 2010 on citysearch.com

This was one of the worst experiences of my life. First, Dr. Koch found out that I didn`t have insurance so she came out to the waiting room to ask me how I planned on paying for the visit. When I told her I had a credit card she wanted to know how much I had on it to make sure I could pay for everything! I should have left right then. Once I was in the exam room she came rushing in and raced through the exam. While she was using the metal clamp she pinched my skin with it. I jumped and she said \"sorry, that happens all the time.\" Then I told her I was having some pain in my breast and she said \"I`m not worried about that right now.\" About 800 later, she still didn`t know what was wrong with me. She assumed that I had PCOS and put me on the pill. Well, when it came time for another exam, obviously I wanted a different doctor. She wanted to charge 30 to send my records to the new doctor. I thought that was outrageous since I had only been to her office once. This woman is just money hungry and doesn`t care about her patients at all. Stay away!

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  Don't trust her opinion  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2010

Dr. Koch was actually abusive. She refused to answer questions or address immediate problems. She passed along private information to other doctors, trying to get them to cover for her, when I left. The issues I brought up with her were addressed by another doctor, but not without difficulty due to her 'gossiping.'

|  Good Doctor, Great Staff, I tend to disagree with other reviews  |  show details
Feb 2nd, 2010

Dr. Koch is incredibly thorough and helpful and I would trust her with my life. Her office staff (with the exception of the MA and receptionist at the window) is always very courteous and helpful. The receptionist Jill is, in my opinion, incredibly polite, friendly and knowledgeable. There may be times that you have to leave a message but the phone hours are listed on the voicemail and she is always prompt with a response.I love Dr. Koch and her staff and would recommend her to everyone!

|  Good Doctor, Bad Practice  |  show details
by Holly on Dec 16th, 2009

Dr. Koch is good, she is fast though. She doesn't BS, or waste your time. She listened thoroughly, and tried a few different courses of action. However, she's a bit of a pill pusher. And if you want to talk to anyone via phone dream on. I've called once a week every week for 4 weeks with no response. In the past week, I've called every day spoke to Jill one of the office girls once. I was told that the doctor would call me back with an answer to my questions. It's been three days. I'm to the point where I am going to have to leave work early to go in person to get some answers. In short: If you can get in and see her, it'll be fine. Getting to that point is a PAIN.

Aug 17th, 2009

Receptionist only covers part of the office hours; many days you must leave a message or call another day so scheduling is a nightmare; support staff inexperienced and not helpful; small office-no privacy except when being examined. Changes her mind on diagnosis and treatment.PA was nice but new; I expect she's gone by now. Go elsewhere.

|  AWFUL!  |  show details
Mar 17th, 2009

Rudest doctor I have ever met! Rough, curt, demeaning, unprofessional, tries to push unnecessary medications on you - Antidepressants! Yelled at me when I refused. Do not see this woman.

Jan 17th, 2009

Overall - Dr. Koch is helpful but abrasive and rough. Her office staff and set up is a major downfall. Receptionist - not friendly or helpful whatsoever. In fact, she's just plain not nice. The nurse had terrible bedside manner, was moody, complained and has even rolled her eyes in front of me or laughed at something completely inappropriate. Since the office is so small I could hear her complaining how she didn't want to help assist in a follow up visit. the P.A. was probably the only helpful bit of sunshine in this office! You will most likely wait for over two hours on many occasions in the exam room. One time it was like musical chairs as they moved me from one exam room, to another, and finally to another that wasn't even CLEANED after the last patient. Wrappers, paper, swabs all over the exam room. It's a shame that Dr. Koch has such a bad office setup/crew because overall SHE Herself isn't THAT bad as the experience it is when in her practice/office.