Dr. Helene Koch DO Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Bala Cynwyd, PA

3.2

October 28th, 2016
Thorough
I have been a patient of Dr. Koch's for years. At times I thought her bedside manner might be a little abrupt, but over the years I have grown to appreciate her down to business ways. She is the most thorough dr. that I have ever been to and not just for a pap but for my overall health and well-being. She shows genuine concern, she listens, she is compassionate. I feel she goes above and beyond. I basically don't even need a physical because her office takes care of everything. I have been to many doctors in various fields for all sorts of reasons, but she is by far the best among them in my opinion. She is good at what she does, she knows her profession inside and out, and she is confident in her diagnosis, however, if there is an issue with getting better at all she is right on top of it. She is someone who takes pride in curing a patient rather then thinking that it's the patient's fault for not getting better - which many I learned act in that manner and certainly make it known.

November 7th, 2015
Good medical knowledge-nothing extra
Dr. Koch is very knowledgeable and very thorough. If I suspect I have an issue, but am not positive, she will order a million different tests for me to put my mind at ease. She takes my concerns very serious, yet is still hilarious. She has great DIY solutions in the meantime of waiting for your results to come back. Yes, the wait to see her is very long and the office is pretty small, but she knows what she's doing and doesn't spend time worrying about petty things, like nice decorations or using huge medical terms you probably wouldn't understand anyway. I really do not like the PhilaU interns, though. The one man was fantastic, but the other girl barged in, in the middle of me telling very personal details of my sexual history, and kicked him out so she could take over. I had to start all over from the beginning and she kept telling me I was wrong about petty things and kept cutting me off while I told her my symptoms to tell me it's because I smoke. She was diagnosing me before I got a chance to finish my sentence and it turns out I have a thyroid issue! She was extremely judgmental for the fact that I drink very little and smoke, which a doctor should never be. She also kept cutting me off to tell me stories about her life, meanwhile I'm in severe pain and honestly could not have cared less.

April 2nd, 2015
Dr Koch and her staff are excellent

October 15th, 2014
Dr Koch saved my life
I have been going to Dr Helene for over 15 years and would not leave her if I was not moving out of state. She literally saved my life and diagnosed cancer that would most likely have gone on undetected, until it was way too late. She is very proactive, very thorough and takes patients of ALL ages. Yes, you may have to wait longer than you would like for your appointment but you will get the best exam, once she sees you. Also, she is extremely dedicated and all her information is state of the art. To boot, she is truly one of the funniest women I have ever met in my life. She is a little workaholic and I love her. Do not listen to these other prophets of doom who have condemned her. If you want the best, Dr Koch is the best.

April 18th, 2014
Horrible Customer Service
The customer service is horrendous. It has been weeks since I had tests done, but the doctor has yet to analyze my results. She claims that she received the results 10 days ago, but has not had time to look at them. 10 days is unacceptable. If I had some life-threatening illness, I'd be dead by now.

February 26th, 2014
Awful doctor
This doctor is the worlds worst!! Very unprofessional!! She is down right mean non caring!! She is quick to write a script.. I think she is I'm a hurry!! How did she get a license????

March 22nd, 2013
I have been seeing this doctor for two years and I like that she is right up front with you and does not sugar coat facts. They are very busy and should space out thier appts. better but the staff and doctor have always been very professional adnd polite.

September 15th, 2012
Undecided
I first saw the doctor a couple of years ago. She was speedy but thorough and fixed some problems. However she complained she needed new patients. After a year, her waiting room was packed like she had handed out free paps and the clientele were angry. Her receptionist is terrible- always forgetting things and miserable. Her PA is amazing but carries the office. The doctor has been mistreating me now for over a year. She can't seem to fix a small problem and my test results keep going missing. They forget to call in scripts and push all sorts of meds that are just vitamins. I was impressed with her but now I am disappointed I recommended her to anyone. I would be wary.

April 16th, 2012
Terrible
This office is way to small. I hear everyones business. The doctor is rough and pinched my skin w clamp. Burned my virgina bc the pap clamp was way too hot. She shoved it in me and i screamed. She its a pill pusher.she only cares about money. She has not given me medicine that works.shes always trying to make me take the.pill. Im changing doctors bc they Lost my papresults. I'm so donewith this woman.

December 16th, 2011
dr.no
There was not a good experience with this dr. as in my opinion a relatively minor procedure turned into a lifetime of pain and scarring

December 6th, 2011
up to date on cutting edge treatments
Dr. Koch is very knowledgeable of her field. She treats me, friends both old and young, my 90 year old mother in law and my daughter. She has done the pap sure for so long..even the insurance companies are too dumb to realize it picks up other cervical pathologies besides cancer. She knew about BSGI and no one seems to know about it. It was important to me when I had a breast problem...love her and have been a patient for 17 years....

October 20th, 2011
Great doc, bad customer service
I saw the Physician's Assistant, and I loved her. She was warm, wonderful, competent, and just overall friendly. HOWEVER, they have the worst service. I can never reach a live person there. I had to wait like 40 minutes to even get in to see the doc. And after the appointment they left a message on my phone saying they wanted to talk about my test results, but there was nothing to worry about and to just call them back. I did and of course it's been 24 hours and I haven't heard back from them. So it's frustrating and nerve-wracking not being able to get a hold of them and find out what's going on with my test results.