Dr. Ramon Pla MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

November 5th, 2016
Very pleased patient
I didn't wait long to be seen. He was nice, listened and took time with me. I felt he was concerned about my situation and will be taking steps allowed by a dr. to help me resolve my health issue(s). I can't speak for anybody else but I am happy with his services.

September 12th, 2016
Great Doctor
Dr. P listens to the patient and spends time with the patient. Does not "talk down" and is a refreshing change from the standard self-important types. And he knows what he is doing! What's not to like?

December 21st, 2015
I should have known...
I had to go to Dr. Playing because he was the house doctor of the Nursing home I reside in. The very first time I met him he didn't even introduce himself, but just called me fat! From that point on any diagnosis was my obesity caused the problem, not the other way around! Finally two weeks ago I asked my nurse to see him as I had this persistent cough that was really bothering me. The next day he told my nurse "it's always something with him" and refused to see me! Fortunately there is another Doctor that visits the Nursing home, and I am now on the way to healing. Dr. Playing is rude, abrasive and condescending to his patients, at least he was to.me. In my opinion, his HUGE EGO prevents him from being an effective physician. He is arrogant to his patients, nurses and CNA' s alike. I realize he could probably care less that I changed doctors, but I assure you, dear reader, that I am releaved to be done with him!

November 12th, 2015
I was very impressed with Dr Pla. So thankful he accepted me as his patient

January 23rd, 2015
He calls his patients FAT and chastise them. His bedside manner and personality are something to be desired.Someday Dr. Pla will be on the other side of the line of scrimmage and I hope he gets a doctor that treats him as badly as he treats his patients.

September 26th, 2014
Great doctor
I've found Dr. Pla to be very thorough, following up with a phone call to discuss his concerns. He has never been impolite or rushed through my appointment. Probably one of the nicest doctors I've known. I would highly recommend him.

September 25th, 2014
Dr. Pla
I have seen Dr. Pla in Clinton and found him to be a very caring doctor. He was efficient and knowledgeable with my medical condition. I thought he was friendly and welcomed all my questions . He was very thorough in his assessments. I felt comfortable in his office and disagree with the other reviews about him acting "god like". I will certainly be seeing Dr. Pla in the years to come. Caring, friendly, and professional doctor.

August 13th, 2014
Regarding care of diabetic patient he lacks correct knowledge on a couple of topics. He comes across knowledgeable but I've been able to discount what he has said. I agree with the other review he does have a god complex and I felt chastised for asking questions. He even mentioned if I was 80 he wouldn't be mentioning anything about the diabetes care. His time he gives or allows is about two minutes. He doesn't even make rounds we have to come to him in an empty room which is wrong.

February 27th, 2014
Dr. Pla definitely has a God complex. I was treated with disrespect and chastised. He does not take time to review the chart and is quick to form opinions based on zero knowledge of his patient. I will not be going back, and I will do my level best to inform the public of his shortcomings and simply awful bedside manner.

March 28th, 2009
a caring doctor
Dr. Ramon Pla is an amazing doctor that never leaves a single stone unturn. He give great care and has wonder bedside manners. He care about his patients and makes you feel unrushed gives you time to explain and is a great listener. Thanks for the amazing care you have give our family for so many years.