inactive

Helenita S Hamer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.2

November 11th, 2015
Absolutely terrible, please avoid at all costs-I'm only rating her 1 star because if there was 0 available, I'd choose that
Dr. Hamer is the worst Dr. I've ever been to of any sort. She is cold and feels like she always has to get in the last word. She prescribed the wrong medication for me before and tried to spin the problem onto me and started mentioning that "you'e only had a handful of appointments and you've had more phone calls than appointments and that I accept patients back if they moved away, but would not make an exception for you" This is all because she prescribed the wrong medication to me and apparently does not like phone calls when I had to question it and does not think phone calls to confirm appointment times are acceptable. For her profession, she should be much friendly, personable, and actually good at her job. Please avoid her at all costs and go somewhere else as there are many other good Psychiatrists around who care about their patients and you'll enjoy going to see.

December 30th, 2014
She is apparently very experienced and has been practicing for many years. She instantly knows what your problems are and I think she can be helpful.

January 31st, 2012
Fraud
I made a first appointment with Dr. Hamer which was cancelled two days prior (and I ended up finding a psychiatrist closer to my home and so did not follow through with a reschedule). I recently checked my credit report to find that I had a collections from Dr. Hamer. I received no prior bill statements or notification of any kind. This has greatly effected my credit and I am at a loss of how to remedy this. I can't help but think that this woman is just out to make money, even through unethical means. I called Dr. Hamer to try to work through this and she was completely unhelpful, defensive, and curtly dismissed my call. I hope others seek treatment elsewhere, she doesn't seem to be trustworthy.

September 28th, 2011
Don't Waste Your Time
Dr. Hamer was disinterested and didn't seem to care much about what I had to say. Not a very friendly person. I was misdiagnosed for years due to Dr. Hamer's inability to listen to me. She didn't spend much time with me and was more interested in being paid. Don't make the same mistake I did and go to someone who will truly take the time and interest in helping you.

February 11th, 2010
Need a psychiatrist? Keep looking.
Dr. Hamer was cold, curt and uncaring. She didn't spend any time discussing her diagnosis with me or the possible side effects of the name-brand medication she chose to prescribe. In cancelling my last appointment, I missed her 48 hour notice deadline by 2 hours and recieved a bill for $110 as a result. My general practitioner spent more time discussing a diagnosis and possible treatment with me than Dr. Hamer.

April 27th, 2009
Disinterested, disorganized. Frequently didn't have my patient notes or Rx pad when we met. No office staff so communication is challenging, and she had four locations within three years so location, day, and time changed every week. Just chit-chatted, never really asked questions or offered observations. Very quick to prescribe but wouldn't talk about the possibility of my weening off them four years later. Wish I'd known more what to look for and expect from a mental health care provider. Would not recommend her at all.

March 31st, 2009
Doctor seemed interested, current and helpful.

February 18th, 2009
Do not go to this psychiatrst
She is disinterested, doesn't care about the patient and did nothing to benefit me. I realized that she was not assisting, but actually hindering my progress. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone.