Dr. Helise Bichefsky DO Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine West Chester, PA

January 4th, 2017
Grateful!
My family and I are eternally grateful to Dr. Bichefsky for the treatment she gives to addicts. The suboxone program has done wonders for me and my life. Thanks to her and the medication, I have successfully kicked my awful addiction to heroin, and am doing really well for myself now

January 4th, 2017
Good doctor :)
I am a patient being treated by Dr. Bichefsky with suboxone (for opiate addiction, in my case). It is true that wait times can be long (an hour sometimes) and sometimes Dr. B can seem to be distracted in the consultation. There have been times where small mistakes happen within office management, dosing, insurance etc. On the plus, Dr B spends as much time with you as you need to. She can put off a tough exterior but I think it can be a front because as we know, addicts are difficult patients to work with. She has demonstrated moments of genuine care, and even disappointment (during my struggles). What I really appreciate though, is that even though she is the professional, at times it is as if she sees me as being a teacher to her on the subject of addiction. She takes into account my first hand experiences with addiction so that she can better understand and help other patients like me.

December 25th, 2016
It's hard to get speak or get a hold of the doctor in between appointments.

September 2nd, 2016
Look elsewhere. Go anywhere other than here
Money, money, money. That's the primary care here. Not your well being or to help you but to keep you coming back every week. "Can't afford 130 dollars every week with a 400 dollar "induction"? Sorry can't help." You'll wait a good amount of time before you see the doctor but don't worry there's suboxone sponsored books and posters for you to look at. This doctors "treatment" plan isn't a plan at all. It's only going to get you back on the streets because using is far cheaper than seeing her or finding another more reasonable doctor. Dr Bichefsky will spend all of 5 minutes with you, and 3 of those minutes are spent her typing and ignoring you. But don't worry, you'll have the insurance code that she spent 30 minutes with you and you'll pay for it. I had real high hopes that this would work out but I left so disappointed that I'm leaving this comment and trying to help you avoid doing the same thing. Unless you have endless amounts of money (which none of us addicts do) stay away. It's a unachievable program.

May 31st, 2016
HORRIBLE
HORRIBLE

June 18th, 2014
The Ageless problem of skin deep health care
I believe a person who provides care to the ill for as a profession should be compensated generously. To care for a sick human as their facilities dwindle requires a generosity that supersedes desires financial compensation /accumulation. We reward this kind of person with high stature. We call them a Doctor. I as well believe that Helise Bichefsky is NOT worthy of this title and stature. I had been a patient of hers for a little over a year. I am no longer welcome at her practice because my business failed and I find myself financially destitute. Upon my last office visit which cost $60 Cash borrowed from a friend, I was to have an ear infection checked out as well my meds reviewed. When Helise finally entered she was wearing a presumably very expensive and inappropriate garment instead of a lab coat. Halfway through my visit, the seam of the lavishly decorated garment broke and created an embarrassing wardrobe malfunction. Helise then sheepishly exits the room and returns several minuets later without the faulty garment but with a whole lot of self-absorbed stress. Helise wraps up our consolation and without checking my ear infection or prescribing any antibiotics for me. I still owe my friend $60 for that visit. I believe the inappropriate and faulty garment cost Helise x10 that. But in the end , Helise gave more care to the coat than she gave to me .

June 11th, 2014
Unscrupulous Doctor whose only focus is on profit regardless of patient needs.
I was reffered to Dr. Bichefsky by my drug and alcohol counselor. I am an alcoholic who has suffered many relapses and wanted to try the vivitrol shot which is a 30 day injection that blocks the desire to drink and if you do it is supposed to block you from feeling the euphoria that one gets from alcohol (or opiates). There are not many doctors who do this so, while I was a little put off when I went to her office (known as Ageless Health) and noticed that she seemed to specialize in aesthetic treatments and catered to the trophy wife crowd, I still went through with the consultation. I was left waiting in the exam room for over an hour. When the doctor did come to consult, she spoke to me briefly and wrote me a perscription for 7 days worth of the pill version of vivitrol. I was told to call back in a few days to see what was happening with the injection. When I did I was told that my insurance had yet to respond and they would call me. On the seventh day (when my pills had run out) I called again. I was told that my insurance would cover it but they didnt do it the way my insurance required and I would need to pay $620 + out of pocket and get reimbursed. I said that this wasnt really in my budget and asked if there was a doctor that would work with my insurance. The woman on the phone began to stumble with an answer and the doctor actually said in the background "no doctor In PA will accept your insurance" which was a lie. I asked if I could have a 30 day prescription for the pill while I considered it and was told no. It was completely unscrupulous of this "doctor" to leave me in that situation and refuse to give me a prescription for the pill version of what I so clearly needed.

May 27th, 2014
We are very fortunate to have found Dr. B
Dr. Bichefsky has a very good manner about her. She is caring and spent almost 30 mintues with me to figure out a problem that my last doctor just pushed me off to physical therapy for. I am very impressed with the practice.

July 22nd, 2013
ive had a better doctor in Syria who wasn't a doctor
Very rude. Very short. Out to make money. Patient mill. Stuff them in make them wait. If you want real help go some place else.

April 15th, 2013
A Good Experience
I really like this doc! Her staff is a little bit unfriendly (the front desk receptionist), but the doctor was fabulous. She seems like she really cares about what is going on with me, and I trust her judgement. However, on a not so good note, she gets interrupted by her staff during the appointments almost constantly. It was hard to finish a sentence without an interruption. To her credit though, she always picked right back up where she had left off. I just found it kind of annoying. Let the signatures and phone calls wait, and take care of the patient in front of you. Her staff should know that. With that being said, I would recommend this doctor - she is warm and very kind.

January 13th, 2011
I am so happy I found Dr. Bichefsky
She has taken me off all my medications and I now just follow some simple diet theories she recommended. The staff is wonderful, very polite and knowledgeable. I am very happy with the office

May 24th, 2010
Very fortunate to be in her care!
Very complete with the examination and her questions. Very thorough. Very courteous staff, friendly, efficient, well organized. have no complaints- I feel very fortunate to have found a physician who really takes the time for me. She has helped me greatly.