A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Helmut Ammon:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Ammon
Bowel Incontinence Patient Education Our bowel incontinence patient education guide explains causes and treatment options for fecal issues.Before Visiting Dr. Ammon Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Helmut Ammon, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Ammon graduated from Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitaet Munchen.
Dr. Ammon has 7 hospital affiliations:
- St. Joseph's Hospital-Milwaukee
- Froedtert Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Helmut Volker Ammon MD is a male Internist, has 50 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Helmut V. Ammon practice?
- Dr. Helmut Ammon has 1 office location.
Dr. Helmut Ammon practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Milwaukee, WI.
See Milwaukee Internists and Milwaukee Gastroenterologists.