Dr. Hema Adunuthula, MD
Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile

STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR! show details STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR!
by Beth on Nov 15th, 2013

Dr. Adunuthula was the first OB/GYN I saw during my pregnancy. I can count the number of times I've bothered to write an online review, either positive or negative, on one hand, but I feel very strongly about my experience with her, so I'm compelled to warn women. I found her extremely judgmental and inattentive to my concerns. She clearly had not read my chart or listened to me at all. She made a series of completely incorrect assumptions about me, had terrible bedside manner, and was very curt. She went so far as to make snide, judgmental, and completely counter-productive remarks about, a) my being unmarried at the time, and b) my being overweight while pregnant. To top all this off, she administered the roughest, most insensitive pelvic exam I have ever experienced. She stabbed me repeatedly with her nails; WHO thinks it okay to have very long nails while performing pelvic exams?! I come from a medical background- research doctor- and have MDs in my immediate family, who entered the profession to HELP people, and I just can't tolerate the holier-than-thou attitude some maladjusted individuals who should NOT have become doctors seem to cultivate. I switched to a different doctor after my appointment with her, and everything proceeded nicely, I had a healthy pregnancy and labor. This woman basically guilted me terribly for being overweight while pregnant- didn't ask, but ASSUMED I was diabetic when I am not, and have no family members who are, and treated me with utter disrespect. She was the one truly negative experience during my entire pregnancy.

I would not recommend this doctor at all show details I would not recommend this doctor at all
by awp3309 on Mar 4th, 2008

I am attending this practice and am almost finished with my pregnancy. As a member of this practice, you have to meet the other doctors just in case when you go into labor you will know who is delivering you. The appointment I had today was horrible. First and foremost she did listen to my concerns but it seemed to me that she had snide remarks. She asked what I was having and I told her a girl and then I added that it was the last one for both me and my husband. She responded good and when my husband asked her what she said, she quickly changed the subject. I told her that I wanted her to check me to see if I was dialated. She was so rough during the examination and then claimed that my she could not feel my cervix because it was in the back. I beg to differ. My doctor can feel it why can't she? I would not recommend her at all and not to mention that from researching her, her speciality is anemia not OB/GYN and not only that she is not board certified. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR.