Dr. Hemant Thawani MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 18th, 2016
Awesome doctor and staff
This wonderful doctor saved my husbands life. He is such a caring doctor and so is his PA. His staff is always sweet and caring also. I know sometimes he is running late seeing patients but i do not care. I would wait as long as it takes because he is awesome..He takes care of more than just his thyroid disease he takes care of his well being which means a lot. We recommend him to everyone..Don't know what we would do without him..

August 27th, 2015
Always willing to help out a patient in need. If you call him, he may not respond until after eight o'clock pm; however, he will get back with you. He does make sure that his patients needs are met.

February 3rd, 2014
Diabetic Care
Dr. Thawani is an excellent and caring doctor. Waiting to see him can take time (up to 45 minutes) but remember he is caring for several patients with different forms of illness so it is obvious that it will be a delay until he can work with a patient like me. With a lot of patience and quality care he provided me, He is proficient, caring and very knowledgable. When I deserve to be scolded for not following orders or not able to completely fill in my blood sugar level chart, he politely retells me what I need to do, how to continue to monitor my sugar levels and make appropriate changes to my medication dosages as I need to do and he is not condescending. He is very uplifting, positive and genuinely concerned. His good support makes me want to continue to do as he asks because it is for my own good and not for an early death. I would highly recommend him to anyone suffering from any form of diabetes!

April 30th, 2013
Very upsetting doctor visit!
I've had 2 appointments with Dr. Thawani. During the 1st appointment he seemed very nice and competent, although I felt a bit rushed. My 2nd appointment was scheduled for a whole 6 weeks later, during which time my blood sugars were almost constantly high and I was left to try and tweek my insulin dosages myself. For my 2nd appointment I waited an hour and 40 minutes before I even saw the doctor!! My blood pressure was high (it always is at the dr) and when I told him it's normal at home he basically called me a liar and told me to bring my bp monitor in to prove it. I also mentioned that I hadn't taken one of the medications he prescribed because I was planning on getting pregnant and my family doctor had agreed with me on that decision.. He told me not to trust my family doctor and demanded that my husband and I use condoms and absolutely not get pregnant until he said I could! The way in which he talked to me was extremely demanding, condescending and just plain upsetting!! Needless to say, I won't be going back to him and I wouldn't recommend him either.

November 29th, 2012
VERY GOOD BED SIDE MANNER, LIKE STAFF,DR.ISSTRAIGHT TO THE POINT.

August 6th, 2012
I like him because he takes time to explain things to me. When I ask a question, I am not made to feel dumb for asking. He also does his own ultra sounds in his office which saves me trips to another office and back to his office for a follow up..His staff is nice, but can be a little short with you. They do seem to not like you asking them a question. (front desk girl).

May 30th, 2012
Dr. Thawani is the most intelligent and caring physician I have met. I had several doctors trying to figure out the many things wrong with me and he listened, examined me, and told me what those issues were and identified a very rare skin disease ( that 2 dermatologists couldn't figure out ) along with several other things.