Dr. T Rao Is this you?

• Good
  • Bad

April 17th, 2017

Great Doctor

Have MS and a patient for a long time. Caring and the best of treatment options. He is also respected by the FDA and does alot of research work for trials. Very thankful for him and PA and staff !!

May 6th, 2016

Dr. Rao is best doctor.

May 29th, 2013

incredible powerful results from DrRaos consciencious treatments

After years spent in search of someone who could really "grasp' & TREAT the many issues that had critically impacted my life, Dr. Rao became the answer to my prayers. He treated me with enormous empathy. It soon became clear that I had found someone special. It was he who showed me that my "many issues" were actually one bunch of related, TREATABLE "strands" of yarn intertwined to become one big ball with a new name...CIDP! His compassion and treatment of this chronic illness has drastically improved my life!

May 19th, 2013

Dr. Rao diagnosed my very rare neurological illness and saved my life. Other doctors were in no way as competent or interested in figuring out what my problem was (I was losing the ability to walk). He diagnosed me after extensive testing and his medical knowledge and I'm able to live on my own now. When I make my appointment he 's always was the one I saw (not the PA). Several times I had emergencies and he saw me without an appointment (without charging me for office visits.) I recommend him to all I encounter and had 3 people I personally know finally get the correct diagnoses after years of trying to find out what was wrong.

April 19th, 2013

Dr H Rao is a caring and knowledgeable physician.

As above. I have known Dr. Rao professionally since he came to Charlotte . Became a patient several years later. I am reviewing as both a nurse and as a patient.

October 12th, 2012

Dr. Rao is a fantastic physician who truly cares about his patients. He has been treating me for 4 years for my neurologic condition and and my mother for 2 years for a neuropathy. I would recommend him to anyone.

October 2nd, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Rao for 4 years. At first, I saw Dr. Rao regularly for severe migraines. He listened and was thorough in his exams. After the initial couple of visits, I was then seen by Lee Cambell and the experience went downhill. I felt that Cambell already had an idea of what new drugs he would like me to try before he even walked in the door. At one point, he told me that a side effect that I had from a medication, "Wasn't possible". I was always told to call when I was having a headache so that they could get me into the office and I tried that 4 times. I was always transfered to voicemail and they never called back until 1, usually two days later. Overall, my experience with nurses and other staff was great but with the PA and doctors HORRIBLE! I would never recommed Dr. Rao (because you will be downgraded to Cambell) to anyone!!!!

September 20th, 2012

Dr. Rao is excellent Neurologist

Dr.Rao is an excellent Neurologist. He is very knowledgeable even in rare and newly understood illnesses. He is compassionate to your needs especially when sever crippling and possibly death is at risk. Dr.Rao, his nurse Lisa and the entire staff, if are helpful. I highly recommended them if you want someone who listens and will act and not play around.

September 12th, 2012

Sick and Tired

Front desk staff were nice. Hard to get my appointment scheduled. Waited for the doctor to arrive, I make early appointments and always wait for him to get there. His PA does most of the appointment he steps in for a minute.I have seen another neurologist and discussed the care I received with Dr. Rao and come to find out he was not treating my condition. He just gave me medication to mask syptoms. I will never return and would never refer anyone there.I am totaly disappointed in the care he provided. In the beginning he spoke very confindent and I thought he knew what he was doing. Now I wouldn't let him treat my dog.

April 5th, 2012

Dr. Rao was great!

I experienced a problem that required prompt medical care. Dr. Rao diagnosed the problem, referred me to the best Neurosurgeon in Charlotte. He continued to monitor my hospitalization through the 12 days I was in the hospital - of which 6 was in ICU. I could not have asked for a more dedicated physician.

April 4th, 2012

Wow, Dr. Rao is the BEST!

I have been seeing Dr. Rao for MS. I saw a couple of other low ratings that state they only get to see a PA instead of Dr. Rao. I have always been able to see Dr. Rao personally. I request to see him and they schedule the appts. for me depending on his availability. If he was very busy I would trust a PA knowing that they are overseen by Dr. Rao. All I can say is ... he is very compassionate and knows his stuff!

January 19th, 2012

BEST DOCTOR EVER - TAKE MY CHALLENGE

Dr. Rao has been seeing me as a patient for over 2 years. He cares about his patients and their concerns. My case is work comp. Dr. Rao has fought my work comp to do the right thing and what he feels is best for me. My work comp tried hard to disprove Dr. Rao. They have had at least 5 second opinions, but THEY ALL AGREE WITH DR. RAO!!!! My diagnosis - cervical (neck) damage, upper and lower back damage and mild and moderate brain damage (TBI, CHI). Everyone knows how work comp or any insurance works, and how they fight to not pay for treatments or settlements or what ever. I challenge you to find another doctor, where the work comp or insurance has had at least 5 second opinions and all of them agree with the treating physician. From triage, to prescriptions, appointments, time with me and concerns, Dr. Rao is the best in the world.I see him every visit, even if I do see Mr. Campbell (Physician Assistant). If I see Mr. Campbell, he speaks with me and addresses any concerns and asks questions, then reports to Dr. Rao, and Dr. Rao will see me within 5 - 10 minutes. Average waiting room time is about 5 minutes. Well worth 2 hour ride from Asheville. TAKE THE CHALLENGE ABOVE AND SEE FOR YOURSELF.