Dr. Henry Best IV DO Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Port Jefferson, NY

3.9

August 12th, 2015
Fabulous
Fabulous doctor with a good knowledge of alternative medicine. Personable, witty, interacts well with patient and listens. Office staff is very friendly and efficient.

June 2nd, 2015
Excellent Diagnostician
I am a late middle aged man with a few serious medical issues. It is important for me to get the best medical care I can and have seen many, many doctors over the past few decades. I highly recommend Dr. Best who has been my PCP for over 10 years. His diagnoses are always accurate where others, including specialists, have failed. He can be a bit blunt at times and a little impatient. This could be misinterpreted as disrespectful, but it is only his self assured frankness. He always means well. Dr. Best truly cares for his patient's well being. In my opinion you cannot find a better PCP than Dr. Best.

November 20th, 2014
horrible service
I'm very sick haven't been to dr best office in over a year called to make an appointment and was told I was dismissed as a patient...lol... that's horrible... i have a 3 month old and need to get antibiotics to clear up this cold and now I have to search for a new doctor... clearly they don't care about their patients...

June 16th, 2014
Great
Dr. Best is the only Doctor I have gone to that has been correct 100% of the time with his diagnosis. He literally saved my life by picking up on symptoms of a serious illness where 3 other Doctors did not. Others I have sent there have all had positive experiences. I cannot understand how others have had a negative experience. Thank God Doctor Best was there for me. Thanks Doc.

March 5th, 2012
His name shoud be Dr. Worst
He has no problem over medicating people with dangerous and addicting drugs. Very irresponsible and doesn't deserve to be a doctor. He also lies to his patients

December 1st, 2011
Good guy!
He's a pretty cool guy. and doesn't afraid of anything.

October 10th, 2011
Terrible Experience: Concerns Not Met
Unprofessional office staff. The assistant office manager, Stephanie, was rude in responding to my questions and gave me unnecessary attitude over what was nothing more than a simple request. She was non-accommodating and condescending and did not address my main concerns, and only made me feel worse than I did before I walked in the office. She made me feel like Dr. Best and his staff did not want my business or take me on as a new patient. Even Dr. Best ignored me when I tried to ask him a question. The only experience I had with Dr. Best was that he ignored me. That's not how I run my business, if someone asks me a question, I take the time to answer their question no matter how busy I am, it's just common decency, something that this health care provider and his staff doesn't seem to have or value. They also said to me that they don't make enough money from patients using health insurance. New patients beware! I would also agree with the other reviews regarding the office setting dingy and outdated 70s decor was not as sanitary as a doctor's office should be. Certainly doesn't look like he takes any pride in his practice.

September 27th, 2011
No Problems.
Have been going to Dr. Best for 15+ years now and have NEVER had a problem. While office is a little outdated, the staff is fantastic. Dr. Best has picked up things other "specialists" have missed. Not sure of why there are some poor reviews but he is highly recommended.

January 24th, 2011
Horrible Doctor
The worst doctor I have ever had a conversation with. He is a very condescending. He talked down to me and made me feel worse than before I went. It was a horrible experience. The waiting room is always empty and the office is very outdated.

September 4th, 2010
Dr. Best and Debbie and Muriel are great
They are a fantastic Trio. They look at you as a person, not as a patient. The girls working the desk are very nice. I just wish the waiting time was less and that they had more thorough lab result interpretation/explainations.

July 3rd, 2010
Linda Ann Racaniello
Dr. Best's staff was very courteous and professional. An appointment is given within a week or sooner if needed. Dr. Best is very knowledgable in holistic healing. He is very kind and courteous. He listens without rushing you and spends a good amount of time with you. Very pleased!

June 15th, 2010
Whole Family goes!
My senior citizen mother, middle aged brother and myself (mid 30s) all go to Dr Best's office. We've all seen him, or one of his PAs, and all have had satisfaction with our medical issues being resolved.