Dr. Henry Bloom MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Cleveland, OH

2.6

August 23rd, 2013
1st time patient
I Visited Dr.Bloom for the 1st time. I had been sick with vertigo dizzy and falling for 3 days. It was so scary I decided after all I had better get with a primary doc. After looking through my providers I choose one close by I called Dr.Bloom. Surprised that he answered the phone - I thought what a nice touch / He transferred my call to his nurse/receptionist.I explained to her my symptoms and made an appointment.I immediately called him back to odder my e-mail address thinking they could send me an actual map of directions-I was cut off rudely with "we do not do e-mails BYE! " I was late for the appointment and my driver went in first. All I heard was someone loudly saying "you are late" I was horrified at how the receptionist/nurse -without any empathy say that to my driver without hesitation. I apologized and offered to reschedule. After that it was one horrible episode after the other. I ended up in tears.feeling worse than ever. Even the expressions from the shopkeepers read " Dr. Bloom huh " At this point I said Oh I see you are used to people leaving Blooms office in tears huh.He nodded yes -held his head down in shame and changed the subject.I have a second appoint with him..why I do not know. He seemed to not want to hear anything from the patient and was short and combative in every instance.Aside from poor people skills .. as a character he was quiet quaint. After Monday I will update you on his diagnosing and curing abilities.Thank you ...The tearful patient.

August 1st, 2012
Mr. & Mrs. CGK
A wonderful, thorough and caring doctor. We have been his patients for over 25 years and trust him completely. He really is our idea of the ideal family doctor.

April 23rd, 2012
The office was hard to find, the staff was polite. I was not happy with the care provided to me by Dr. Bloom.

January 4th, 2012
Dr. Apples
No matter what your health concern might be the answer is always the same: "eat roughage". After a couple of years of Dr. Apples I went to a real doctor and got diagnosed with a chronic autoimmune disease. That much for eating apples.. Will not recommend to anyone!

April 21st, 2011
Dr. Bloom is very thorough in his questioning and examination skills. His nursing staff is also excellent and caring. He reminds me of how family doctors may have operated in the past-still taking some home calls when necessary, smaller office. No doubt he has plenty of experience. Would recommend him to friends/family.

June 27th, 2010
unbelievable

February 10th, 2010
Unbelievable
Dr. Bloom has been my doctor for two years. Basically he refills my prescription medication every few months. He is aware that if I do not get my medicine on time I become ill until I get it. I came to the office one morning for a routine prescription refill and he refused. He made me wait for two and a half hours so he could see me (and I could pay) for a full appointment. By this time I was vomiting every half an hour and crying. Other patients in the waiting room were asking him to write me my prescription so I could get better and he refused saying he has to see everyone in order. Now that I am better I am concerned about this doctor and his practices.

September 30th, 2008
Dr Bloom is the ultimate family doctor
Dr Bloom was my family doctor for 15 years... I'd still be his patient if I hadn't moved out of the area. He took exceptional care of me and my family... and saw me through many of life's major changes... marriage, birth, divorce, and on. His approach to health is conservative... meaning that he is not a "pill popper" kind of doctor. If there's something wrong, he does everything in his power to find the real cause before he prescribes. He listens, he cares, he goes above and beyond the call of duty. He even did a house call when my son was born. I miss him!