Dr. Henry Burnett MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Winston Salem, NC

no change

January 12th, 2017
Dr. Burnett is my
Dr.Henry Burnett is my sister's doctor. I take her to appointments and accompany her to the exam and treatment rooms. Dr. Burnett treats her macular degeneration and is vigilant about the health of both her eyes. He is entirely professional, yet his warm, friendly nature puts her at ease as she anticipates her treatments. She believes he really cares about her vision, and her son and I are confident about Dr. Burnett's knowledge and skill. I have observed Dr. Burnett and his staff interact with other patients. They always retain a professional relationship but seem to know each patient as an individual.What a gift! I would recommend Dr. Burnett to anyone seeking a skilled, highly competent ophthalmologist. In fact, I did. I see Dr. Burnett tomorrow as a patient.

November 30th, 2016
I have taken my mother to Dr. Burnett for years. He is one of the kindest people I know and spends time with Mother, answering her questions, and generally treats her like family. Their whole office staff treats us that way.

November 4th, 2016
The staff and Dr. Burnett are compassionate and caring. Over the years they have become like family and despite the treatment that I am there for (injections in my eyes) I enjoy my visits and look forward to seeing them.

November 3rd, 2016
I have some very serious eye problems that require a doctor with extensive knowledge...that is Dr. Burnett. He completely explained everything to me and put me at ease. Anyone asking for an eye doctor I refer them to Dr. Burnett... he is the best and his office is so easy to deal with!

October 27th, 2016
in it for the money
I had the misfortune of seeing this doctor. He diagnosed a treatment without being clear about the costs. He gave me a quote for eye injections which was grossly underestimated to actual cost. He never mentioned how exorbitant his fees were for the actual injections. I was to do a run of 12 injections. After going just once and getting stabbed in the eye with a needle, I never went back after seeing the thousands of dollars of dollars that would be out of my pocket. That is after insurance! The injection itself was painful, his bedside demeanor non existent. He was in and out in a couple of minutes. It felt more like an attack than a patient visit. I complained about the shocking amount he charged me but on deaf ears. His collections are persistent and non negotiable. If he doesn't get every cent of his bill, his office will hound you until he does. They will not compromise a red cent. After being threatened with collection agency and reporting to my credit agency I paid him in full. He is in it for the money. Watch out!

November 3rd, 2015
Not your average Doctor
Outstanding Doctor. My husband had a detached retina. Dr. Burnett met us in his office at 10:50 PM to see him, and scheduled him for surgery the next morning. Excellent bedside manner, truly a wonderful human being!!

April 10th, 2015
Not Happy
I was under the impression my insurance would be accepted and when I went for my appointment I was faced with a not just a co-payment but a consultation fee. Dr. Burnett was in a hurry and left me feeling like I only knew the basics about my upcoming surgery. My suggestion is to be sure and check out what insurance is going to pay before you go in for the exam and what Dr. Burnett is going to charge before the exam. Not happy. Going to another doctor.

March 25th, 2015
Apprehension
I have been seeing Dr. Burnett for years. Dr. Burnett is extremely knowledgeable but projects the feeling he is in a bit of a hurry. His technique leaves the impression he has adequately answered the question, but, does not search for the real answer to the patients needs beyond the answer he feels satisfies the patients specific question. Technically Dr. Burnett is great, but leaves a bit of apprehension on the table about the perfection he projects.

March 28th, 2013
Great Doctor
I was very impress with Dr. Barnett exam and treatment

August 22nd, 2012
Dr. Burnett and his staff is exceptional! Everyone in the office is very knowledgeable and friendly. Thanks for everything you all do! You make it a pleasure to go the the doctor!

May 17th, 2012
Dr. Burnett seems to be a good doctor, but some of his office staff are quite unfriendly; they need to work on their communication skills with the patients.

March 11th, 2012
Dr. Burnette is probably one of the best ophthalmologists on the entire east coast. He is very knowledgeable and very caring. I would highly recommend him.