Dr. Henry Fuentes MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

January 14th, 2015
Swollen and sore knee
I would not go back to this Doctor again nor would I refer anyone to him. He was honest but no help. I had TKR 18 years ago but my knee swelled and was painful. I went to see him and had an X-ray of the knee and said the TKR was very good and complimented the Dr. Who performed the operation. As to my knee he said I don't know what is wrong and sent me home. I called a week later and asked about physical therapy which he ordered. It helped for a while.

November 28th, 2013
Not a good surgeon. Went in with long standing shoulder problems. He ordered an MRI. He said I had small tear in my rotator cuff. He told me it would be a minor surgery, and that I would be back at work in 2 months. He convinced me. So , one year later and three shoulder surgeries later, I'm still not working. He never looked at any MRI pictures, just went by the reports. After two surgeries from Dr. Fuentes, and three MRI's. He said there was nothing else he could do for me. That my last MRI showed a massive tear in the rotator cuff. Went to a better surgeon. He found no tear, but a large fracture, in my humorous bone. The surgeon also noted that the cause of the fracture was from the many anchors Dr. Fuentes put in. Now I have little use of my arm, and still not working, also have no income and am losing my health insurance. I may end up permanently disabled from the botched surgery from Dr. Fuentes.

April 17th, 2013
Worse experience ever.
Each appointment he referred me back to occupational therapy. He didn't care that it was not working. Once the therapist even said no more appointments he still referred me back. Listened to him for an entire year. Each appointment he was late too. One appointment he would tell me one thing and the next he would tell the complete opposite. Not sure he reads his files before speaking to his patients. My first appointment with him I was in pain. Now I have lost mobility and strength and the pain is worse. He was insensitive and the way he spoke to me made me feel belittled. I have never walked out of a doctors office in tears as many times as I did there. His office staff is nice and professional. But as for him. I would not recommend.

January 17th, 2012
Dr. Fuentes replaced both my knees. He had to go out of town over the weekend but called long distance to talk to me and see how I was doing.

June 21st, 2011
HORRIBLE!!!!!
Came to this doctor after an injury at work. He would only spend a few minutes with me at each appointment. Refused to do surgery on me to find out what was wrong. At my last appointment with him and after complaining of severe pain in my knee his response was "you're fine, go back to work". After getting a second opinion I find out that the cartilage is not attached to my knee cap. I've had my surgery and i can now start my healing.

January 4th, 2011
Knee Replacement
Dr Fuentes performed my knee replacement at Ingalls in 2004. I was so afraid of the surgery and he did everything he could to reassure me that he knew what he was doing - and he did. It has been almost 7 years and now I need to see him about the other knee. I suppose each patient has different experiences. I just want good, accurate, and professional service with a smile, which I always received from him. He was caring, attentive and just always smiling. He never rushed me, and when I started crying because it hurt when the staples came out he chuckled a little (which made me laugh), and said something like "I'm sorry it hurts, it's almost over..", which was very comforting to me. My son was there with me, and he was very impressed with how Dr. Fuetes was before the surgery, and how he talked with with my children in detail about the surgery (told them everything). It was just a wonderful experience. I also had to go back 3 months later for a "maniupulation", which was done and over before I knew it. I can sit "Indian style", and even the P.T. never thought that would happen ;-)

October 2nd, 2010
Would not recommend this doctor!
After an injury at work my primary recommend dr fuentes. Started off seeing him for WEEKS for my 3 minute office visits, where he only asked me how i was feeling. After getting frustrated with only PT and i was not getting better he offered a cortisone shot, i accepted and then started to cry because I am afraid of needles he did nothing to comfort me but stab me with the needle then walk out of the room......again several weeks went by of just my 3 minute appointments (at every appointment i would ask for him to scope me and he kept telling me i didn't need it. and he was not going to do any type of surgery) The last appointment he told me there was nothing he could do for me and that i was fine to go back to work. At the time, i couldn't walk with out my knee popping out of place and major pain!Went for a second opinion (so thankful i did - found a great doctor) and that doctor recommend we scope my knee which showed that ALL OF MY CARTILAGE UNDER MY PATELLA IS NOT ATTACHED!Beware! Always get a second opinion!

March 27th, 2010
a geart Surgeon
Dr Fuentes, repaired my broken dislocated ankle in 1997 at ingalls hospital, I was cut on twice by him, this man did'nt damage, not one nerve in my leg . I would refer anyone to him.

March 12th, 2010
Dr. Fuentes has great bed-side manner. Once he knows your name, he'll never forget it. He is accurate and precise in diagnosing problems I've had with my knees. I've been completely happy with my service before during and after my surgery.

September 1st, 2009
listen to your patients complaints