Dr. Henry Garrard MD Patient Reviews

4.8
  • 11 reviews

October 8th, 2016
Best pediatrician by far!! Highly recommended!

April 28th, 2016
Amazing pediatrician. He takes his time and answers all the questions we have for him. Very kind staff.

February 2nd, 2015
Best Pediatrician around!
I LOVE Dr. Garrard. The only problem is that so many other people do too, and sometimes it's hard to get an appointment. He's worth it, though!

October 4th, 2013
Long time patient
Dr Garrard has been our pediatrician for about 10 years. We have been thrilled with him from the very beginning. From the first day we saw him, our children have loved how caring and thorough he is (especially how he peeks around the door at us with a smile before he walks in). There were a couple of years that we had a terrible time with the office staff, especially the office manager or head nurse. She was extremely rude and condescending and would not let us even leave a message for Dr. Garrard to speak with him about it without an appointment for a sick child. We were ready to leave the practice after several encounters, but I am happy to report that she and the other office staff and nurses have done an about face and become just as caring and helpful as we could hope. I wouldn't even bring it up now, a couple of years later, except that there are some older reviews on here that mention rude staff. It is important for me to validate that but to also give an update. We love Dr Garrard, as well as Dr. Aldridge, and we really love the nurses there too. Even that office manager we had such a hard time with at one time.

September 25th, 2012
One of the best things about moving back to the Athens area was getting Dr. Garrad back as a pediatrician. Not only is he incredibly caring and competent, but he talks to my 3 sons, asks them about their symptoms, and visits with them in a way that they feel comfortable and like him too. He is the best pediatrician we have ever had (we've had 5) and have had nothing but good experiences with his staff.

September 14th, 2012
I really like how they work me into the schedule at the last minute when I have little ones sick. He is always very thorough and never acts like he's rushing out the door. Great and friendly staff too!

February 14th, 2011
Dr. Garrard has been our doctor for the last 8 years and we wouldn't dream of going anywhere else! As a parent, one of your first decisions is choosing your child's doctor and I have to say that we made an excellent decision!

September 1st, 2010
Doctor great; Office staff leaves a lot to be desired
Dr. Garrard is an amazing physician with the utmost professionalism and great bedside manners. However, I am always confused at how someone so smart has hired such irritating office staff. One nurse can be just plain rude and has terrible bedside manners. There are two that are incredibly nice and try to be helpful but are rarely available. We have been with Dr. Garrard for years but are frustrated that is impossible to speak with Dr. Garrard without going in for a visit. I often feel that recommendations are given by office staff without any consult with the doctor at all. Once, I had the completely wrong information given and was mislead about medication for my child until the office called me repeatedly in the afternoon to correct the mistake. Just frustrating.

August 24th, 2010
Why we love Dr. Henry Garrard
When one of my boys fell down and skinned his knee, the first thing out of his mouth was, "I want to see Dr. Hengry!" When a kid cries to the see the doctor you know you have a great pediatrician!! Also - my youngest son had Kawasaki Syndrome and Dr. Garrard made sure we received the best care possible and he fully recovered. Our whole family just loves Dr. Garrard!

February 9th, 2010
We love Dr. Garrard
Dr. Garrard is wonderful. He listens, he is up-to-date on all the new stuff. He works with you to come up with the best care for your family. We feel very lucky to have Dr. Garrard.

February 27th, 2009
Love him and his staff. Has been my childrens doctor for 5 1/2 years. Will not find a more caring doctor.