Dr. Henry Kaplan DO Patient Reviews

2.1

October 20th, 2015
very old and very passive

September 15th, 2015
Whatever kind of doctor He is too old and too slow He just burnt out

December 8th, 2011
Wonderful
EXCELLENT. I have seen him for nearly 15 years. He is always available and never tries to overmedicate. I highly recommend him.

June 21st, 2011
This man is a sell out.
I was a patient of Dr. Kaplan for nearly 8 years. For the first few months, he had been helpful to my case and was interested in actually helping me. However, after about a year of trial and error, he started prescribing me medications that would worsen my behavior. Every time I would be put on a new drug, it would work for a while (placebo effect) and then make me worse off than before, then repeat the cycle. It took me about three years to catch on to his game. I started noticing representatives from various pharma companies (Shire, Pfizer, Lilly, etc.) come in and talk to him. It would cut into my appointment times and he would end up rushing through our appointment to make up for it. Little did I realize that he was receiving kickbacks from these companies in return for giving other kids medicine that their companies made. It eventually got to the point where he would sit there with his prescription pad and say "Okay, we've tried all of these, what's next on the list?" After misdiagnosing me with Bipolar disorder, he had put me on Zoloft (which caused me to end up at a suicide rehab center once) and Prozac two years later (thus two more trips to rehab) before realizing that I was susceptable to the "black box" warning for them. I finally said enough and discontinued making appointments with him. I've been off medications ever since, and not a single problem has shown up. For a psychiatrist, you'd think he would've spotted the fact that there was nothing wrong with me to begin with.