Pediatrician
880 6th St S
Ste 490
Saint Petersburg, FL 33701
727-767-8035
Locations and availability (2)

2.0

Nov 10th, 2013

This guy is the biggest a**hole I've ever seen. Not only was his bedside manner complete s***, but looking at his ugly face was no picnic either. If you're going to be an a**, at least don't look like one.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Nov 15th, 2012

my son has been seeing Dr. Shapiro for 5 years. Dr. Shapiro is a great doctor, however, he ALWAYS runs behind. However, if you are looking for an accurate diagnosis it is well worth the wait. Dr. Shapiro is NOT a counselor, he is regulates meds, therefore, if your child is also in need of being able to talk to someone, I would recommend finding a counselor/therapist in addition to Sr. Shapiro...

|  Terrible office staff & Dr. too!  |  show details
May 24th, 2012

Office staff is very inefficient and the Doctor rambles on. He did give us some great diagnostic results, but after the 2nd visit it is not worth the Long wait or terrible office staff which it TOTALLY Incompetent! Yolanda and Sequoyah or something like that! I feel it is reverse discrimination and they hate their jobs!

|  office staff  |  show details
Mar 19th, 2012

I finally ended up changing my appointment and making it with another Dr. I was so horrified with how rude Dr. Shapiro's staff was that I couldn't imagine having to deal with them on a regular basis. He needs to take a serious look at who he employs because they have a direct reflection on him.

Feb 27th, 2012

I wish this had wait times listed in HOURS. if you have an appointment with him please plan on waiting in eth waiting room for an hour and a half - have snacks for your child etc. Once you are in to see him he will take his time with you - hence he runs so late. Why does his office schedule 30 minute appointments!? When he will spend an hour plus with you 0 mostly talking about whatever is interesting to him - and not your child. I tried medication with my child for the 1st time and made 5 phone calls ( got their Vm system everytime - when all calls were made during office hours) and even faxed with questions and concerns and never heard back! TERRIBLE!

|  God like complex  |  show details
Mar 23rd, 2011

He chastis my son when he tried to explain himself spent most of the time talking about himself and the incompentence of the goverment, they do not pay him enough to take medicaid patience. He did not speak to my son at all he was very articulate and is a teenager. In the 2 years we had seen him he changed his medicine without reason just that it would work better base on the 20 word I got to say during the visit!Don't go to him! I know his office says he is the only one on the medicaid but I have found several that are much closer good luck!

Dec 28th, 2010

great doctor but long wait. please wait he is the best.

Sep 29th, 2010

Seemed accurate at diagnosing my child, but won't return my emails to answer some simple questions that I have. I even called the office and left a message and nothing. My next appt is not until January. In the meantime, I can't get my child the help he needs at school because the doctor won't follow up with me. I am beyond frustrated. Just an acknowlegment that he got my emails and is working on an answer for me would be nice.